R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2009, 10:11 AM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 116
Send a message via MSN to ejcabal
Default J-Tech Fuel

I guess it was a matter of time before somebody started a thread on this excellent fuel. During the 2009 US Open in Kissimmee, FL, it took both 1st place in 1/8 open and Sedan Factory Class.

The fuel gives you tons of run time without having to overheat the motors.

Going over my sedan motor after the final, I could still see oil inside the backplate, on the crankshaft and piston and sleeve. This makes me feel comfortable knowing that it will protect my motor.

Eduardo Cabal
ejcabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:00 PM   #2
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcabal View Post
I guess it was a matter of time before somebody started a thread on this excellent fuel. During the 2009 US Open in Kissimmee, FL, it took both 1st place in 1/8 open and Sedan Factory Class.

The fuel gives you tons of run time without having to overheat the motors.

Going over my sedan motor after the final, I could still see oil inside the backplate, on the crankshaft and piston and sleeve. This makes me feel comfortable knowing that it will protect my motor.

Eduardo Cabal
well done my friend....

see you next race

ciao
gianni
gianni.giorgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:28 AM   #3
Tech Adept
 
RCAKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianni.giorgio View Post
well done my friend....

see you next race

ciao
gianni
congrats on the big win eduardo you deserved it. Also jtech fuel is awesome i have been running it for a while and have had no problems with it. plenty of oil and better run time.
__________________
sponsors
Murnan Modified Motors- RbM3
Rc America- Nt1
Mom & Dad
RCAKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #4
Tech Fanatic
 
Seisick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejcabal View Post
I guess it was a matter of time before somebody started a thread on this excellent fuel. During the 2009 US Open in Kissimmee, FL, it took both 1st place in 1/8 open and Sedan Factory Class.

The fuel gives you tons of run time without having to overheat the motors.

Going over my sedan motor after the final, I could still see oil inside the backplate, on the crankshaft and piston and sleeve. This makes me feel comfortable knowing that it will protect my motor.

Eduardo Cabal
feliciteichons eduardo, ahora si por fin una victoria mayor jejej
animate a lima para ver si jugamos un rato

alex
__________________
HobbymaniA
GoT MuGeN?
Seisick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:27 AM   #5
Tech Adept
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: the nearest track
Posts: 141
Send a message via Yahoo to roach
Default fuel %

hey fellow racers...can anyone explain why use 16% nitro vs 20% 30% ect...
im new to on road racing 1/10 and just trying to learn everything i can.

thanks: roach
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Fuel

Great fuel, I TOTALLY agree with Mr Cabal,

In fact this weekend I started with a brand new P/S after only 1/2 a gallon the piston and head were black. Great fuel and runtime and temperature. This is by no means is to say that there aren't other good blends; however this has been working great for me so far.
__________________
TEAM MAGIC "making my competition disappear"
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #7
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
hey fellow racers...can anyone explain why use 16% nitro vs 20% 30% ect...
im new to on road racing 1/10 and just trying to learn everything i can.

thanks: roach
Typically and it is a good practice to use the recomended nitro content in your motor by the manufacturer. That being said 16% is usually reserved for .12, 2.1 cc engines and 25% for 1:8, 3,5cc engines.

To answer you question however, the greater the Nitro content the more power that will be produced. The down side to that is that higher nitro content than recomended decreases engine life by facilitating wear and tear. The positive is that you can get the same power and run the engine cooler by running more nitro as you will not have to lean the motor as much. The performance gain that I have noted going higher is only and initial feel for the racing we do, drag raging the higher the better.

You mention that you will be running 1:10, my suggestion is to stick with 16% find a brand and stick to it (different fuels tune differently). Also seeing as you are new to nitro, runing your engine rich is ALWAYS better that running lean.
__________________
TEAM MAGIC "making my competition disappear"
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #8
Tech Apprentice
 
TQ Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 52
Send a message via MSN to TQ Racing
Default J-Tech Contact Info

Does anyone have contact info for the J-Tech Fuel?
__________________
www.tqhobbies.com
TQ Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #9
Tech Adept
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: the nearest track
Posts: 141
Send a message via Yahoo to roach
Default fuel %

thanks trickd...im really not new to nitro racing, im new to touring cars, i've always ran oval and i do run as per engine manual...however i noticed a lot of racers were using 16%...in touring. thax again for the info.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:17 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic
 
Speedypeterb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pompano Beach FL.
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default contact

hey my phone broke had the # but will let J-tech fuels to post contact info
__________________
Team Kyosho, Team Epic, IDM Engines, J-Tech racing fuels, Airtronics, Superiorhobbies.com
Speedypeterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:33 PM   #11
Tech Apprentice
 
TQ Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 52
Send a message via MSN to TQ Racing
Default

thanks speedypeterb
__________________
www.tqhobbies.com
TQ Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:09 PM   #12
Tech Adept
 
RCAKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickd122 View Post
Typically and it is a good practice to use the recomended nitro content in your motor by the manufacturer. That being said 16% is usually reserved for .12, 2.1 cc engines and 25% for 1:8, 3,5cc engines.

To answer you question however, the greater the Nitro content the more power that will be produced. The down side to that is that higher nitro content than recomended decreases engine life by facilitating wear and tear. The positive is that you can get the same power and run the engine cooler by running more nitro as you will not have to lean the motor as much. The performance gain that I have noted going higher is only and initial feel for the racing we do, drag raging the higher the better.

You mention that you will be running 1:10, my suggestion is to stick with 16% find a brand and stick to it (different fuels tune differently). Also seeing as you are new to nitro, runing your engine rich is ALWAYS better that running lean.
Thats not always true our motor guy Uriah MURNAN SAID THAT THE MOTORS MAKE JUST AS MUCH HORSEPOWER on 16 then on 30 and you get make more runtime on 16%
__________________
sponsors
Murnan Modified Motors- RbM3
Rc America- Nt1
Mom & Dad
RCAKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #13
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 221
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

if you cool ur gas in the fridge will you get longer runtime?
yappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #14
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAKid View Post
Thats not always true our motor guy Uriah MURNAN SAID THAT THE MOTORS MAKE JUST AS MUCH HORSEPOWER on 16 then on 30 and you get make more runtime on 16%
Yes you do get more runtime on lower nitro content fuel where I WILL DISAGREE is with power. Logically higher nitro will have to produce more power however where in the power band is what makes the difference. Think of the nitro content as sticks of dynamite if you will. The more the nitro the BIGGER the explosion and thus creating more power. This is primarily the reason OFFROAD guys use higher nitro where insane speeds isn't the objective.
__________________
TEAM MAGIC "making my competition disappear"
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #15
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yappy View Post
if you cool ur gas in the fridge will you get longer runtime?
Typically lower temperature will produce longer runtimes, not sure if I'd keep the fuel in the fridge however the EGC made my novarossi supports this theory as it cools the gas entering back in the tank thus reducing the temp to facilitate longer run time.
__________________
TEAM MAGIC "making my competition disappear"
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:19 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net