R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-06-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Picco offset

Hello everyone. I am new to 1/8 onroad, I bought a couple of Picco Integra's on E-bay and am working on outfitting them for next season. I will be running them primarily on a HUGE paved Oval at the Marion County Fairgrounds, In Indianapolis, IN. : http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x.../track-now.jpg

Anywho, I was shopping E-bay, and came across some tires for 1/8 onroad. The ad said the wheels were "Picco offset" Can someone explain what this is exactly? Also are Serpent wheels different than Picco? What wheels are interchangable from brand to brand?( like Picco, Mugen, Motonica, Kyosho, Etc....)Thanks for the help, Mark
basketcase45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Picco used a unique offset, nothing else is the same. If I remember right, either the old Serpent fronts or Mugen fronts fit fine though. Rears were different.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #3
Tech Initiate

Ok that helps some. Exactly what is this offset? Which way is it offset? WHY is it offset? Will other brand wheels work on my car? And Are picco different from Serpent wheels? What is the difference? Sorry so many Q's, I am doing the learning curve on these cars.

Any insight to making one of these cars OVAL specific?
basketcase45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #4
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Offset is the distance between the rear mounting surface of the wheel and the inside edge of the wheel.

Until just recently, nearly every manufacturer had their own wheel. The offset was different from brand to brand and while they all used the same axle diameter, sometimes even the width of the wheel at the axle mount was different. Now everyone has gone to the Mugen/Kyosho wheel so they are all the same now.

For the Picco, again it's been a while so my memory could be wrong here.

I think the current Mugen/Kyosho, etc. fronts will work. Not positive but it's worth a try.

Rears might be tough. I think the Mugen/Kyosho wheels might work, though the car will be a bit wider or narrower depending on the offset. The old Serpent OS1 wheels do NOT fit.

My advice, find a local racer with a newer car and and ask to try his wheels.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:32 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I know...I know, old post here.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make any of the newer style OS1 or OS2 wheels work on a Picco Integra? Does anyone remember how far off from "normal" the Picco wheel is from OS1 or OS2? Are the axles the same diameter?

Thank you
robracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 02:02 PM   #6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Any help on this one?

Thank you
robracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 03:31 PM   #7
Tech Addict

My advice would be to replace the rear uprights, axles and quick releases on the car to another more modern car that would fit, but you will have to measure up see what you can put together.

Or find some Picco rims and put some new donuts on them.

Either way lot of ball ache.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:17 PM   #8
Tech Master

Sorry basketcase!!! I haven't heard about the Picco Integra for many years. Who made the model popular in the days, Was Ron Paris in the US. After Ron passed away, All his stock was sold by his wife by ebay. He was the man to talk to for Intergra parts.
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:14 AM   #9
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

If you want to run such a car then sell the whole bunch and get a more recent 1/8 car. Plenty of MRX4 models to find.