successor to Mugen MRX-4X? MRX5?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

successor to Mugen MRX-4X? MRX5?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Default successor to Mugen MRX-4X? MRX5?

Any news on if Mugen is developing a new 1/8 on-road car? Expected release date?
Old 11-05-2009, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vettebuff
Any news on if Mugen is developing a new 1/8 on-road car? Expected release date?
Inquiring minds want to know!!!!

Dale
Old 11-05-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They probably have something in the works as we speak. A similar thread was started a couple of months back about the MTX touring car. The only thing I can say is be patient. With the Sedan Worlds coming to Texas next year and they finally got their newly redeveloped 1/8th scale off road vehicles out of the way, expect to start seeing CAD drawing of their possible new onroad cars (MRX & MTX) around Christmas or just after the first of 2010. If this is the case, you will probably see any new Mugen onroad car kits by late March/early April at the earliest. This is the way Mugen seems to always do business in relations to their onroad line of vehicles.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i am pretty much anticipated to see the new mtx, but the previous 2 generation were out around Sept/Oct timeframe.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by choisan
i am pretty much anticipated to see the new mtx, but the previous 2 generation were out around Sept/Oct timeframe.
As far as the MTX series, I remember the CAD drawings for the MTX4 coming very late the year before its official release (don't remember the exact year because I've had the car for so long) but I do remember the first shipment did not hit the shores of the US until very late February of the following year. I do remember buying mine from either the tail end of the first US batch or the beginning of the second batch that hit the states because I had it for the Texas Biggie but instead ran my MTX3 due to still trying to familiarize myself with the MTX4, find a setup, etc but already had that down with the older car (had my MTX2 for extreme backup).

As far as the MRX series, your statement may be true. I wasn't into race 1/8th scale at the time and did not follow the release of that series back then. I have one now (MRX4R) and am trying to keep up with the models of the class better.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Almost ready to race truggy, world's fastest touring car, last but not least a new race car. As to when, perfection takes time. I love this new Snap-on crystal ball.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Well "Sum B_tch" this crystal ball KICKSAZZ!!!!!
WWW.MUGENSEIKI.COM , "whats new" BOO-YA there's the Truggy!!!!
!!!COME ON TAXI CAB!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For the MTX4, it was out in my country by early Oct 2005 and the 3 was Oct 2002. So the MTX5 or whatever is already late launching a year or so.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Mugens lack of a new model has made 80% of my fellow club mugen owners switch to an alternate brand just because they want something new.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PROVK
Mugens lack of a new model has made 80% of my fellow club mugen owners switch to an alternate brand just because they want something new.

That kinda goes with the territory. People tend to lose interest in things and find ways to pull them back in. However, there are some of us that like keeping the same car a couple years.

In my opinion, Kyosho does it too often, but people are diehard fans. And racers on a looser budget like this. When I purchased my V1RRR WCE the following month the EVO was announced. Then the EVO WCE, Now the EVO 2.
Part of the hobby, but a 2-4 year life cycle is welcome. Mugen doesn't do it as often - two year span average if I'm guessing right?

So when Kyosho releases something buy it immediately to get your money's worth!

But yes, compared to Serpent and Kyosho, the updates aren't as frequent.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by performula
But yes, compared to Serpent and Kyosho, the updates aren't as frequent.
For the avarage racer even the first MRX4 will drive perfectly, if the car is a good shape and the support is still alive then for those drivers there is no real need to get the latest cars.
Old 12-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The current MRX 4 X car is a great car, Swauger finished 2nd at the current worlds in Switzerland and won the 2009 US Roar nationals with it a week after, there is no real urgent on having a new car, but the problem is racers always wanted something new, the good news is that a new car is on the works.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
The current MRX 4 X car is a great car, Swauger finished 2nd at the current worlds in Switzerland and won the 2009 US Roar nationals with it a week after, there is no real urgent on having a new car, but the problem is racers always wanted something new, the good news is that a new car is on the works.
Which?? Mrx or Mtx
Old 12-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lil-bump
Which?? Mrx or Mtx
MRX. The MTX is the 1/10th scale Sedan, and the MRX is the 1/8th scale Can-Am.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny-b23
MRX. The MTX is the 1/10th scale Sedan, and the MRX is the 1/8th scale Can-Am.

I was refering to the last statement in his post. I thought he may have a little insider info.

pass you soon...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.