Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Loose Exhaust Header... Recurring

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 03:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Loose Exhaust Header... Recurring

Just a quick question, I have a Kyosho V-one S, standard GS-15R and exhaust/header. I am having problems with the exhaust header. It keeps coming loose, I have cleaned all grease/fuel, etc. that gets to it when it is loose, applied loctite after loctite and it still manages to make its way loose after every time i take it out!!

I'm thinking that it could be my gasket, but if you have any other ideas it would be greatly appreciated ... i got the need 4 speed !!
Old 02-27-2004, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Um, is it stripped? That's about the best I can do as far as figuring what the problem is.

But to fix it, you could get longer manifold screws and put a jam nut on the opposite side of the manifold and it will be secured from both sides.

That'll cost you like $6-7 at your Local hobby shop.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Loose Exhaust Header... Recurring

Originally posted by uB3r_V-one-S
Just a quick question, I have a Kyosho V-one S, standard GS-15R and exhaust/header. I am having problems with the exhaust header. It keeps coming loose, I have cleaned all grease/fuel, etc. that gets to it when it is loose, applied loctite after loctite and it still manages to make its way loose after every time i take it out!!

I'm thinking that it could be my gasket, but if you have any other ideas it would be greatly appreciated ... i got the need 4 speed !!
the problem comes from the gasket. the gasket is thick when it is new and it will become compressed and thin and this will make the header screws become loose. use high temp silicon gasket paste instead AND use longer screws and nuts to hold up as suggested by lazY
Old 02-27-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Default Loose Exhaust Header... Recurring

uB3r_V-one-S;

Exhaust leaks in R/C cars are usually caused from something moving too much. Usually loose bolts/weak springs or poor quality gaskets are the culprits.

With side Exhausts, a warped Manifold will eat gaskets. Make sure the flange side is flat and true.

Buy some quality gaskets, tighten evenly and use a drop of threadlock on the threads. A thin coating of RTV on the gasket may help also.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up Thanks...

Allright guys thanks a heap, when i get the chance to actally get around and fix the problem i will post up a reply to let you's now how it went, or what the problem was exactly.

Cheers

DB