R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-08-2004, 11:10 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by rcmike
A racer at our last series race that went to the Winternats said that he heard from the mugen people that there would be a update kit aval 4 the mrx3 people in the near future""
Always funny how those words "near future" always ends up being longer than anyone expects....
Bounty Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:13 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If there is a new car, why wasn't it being used during the Winternats?
Old 03-08-2004, 11:18 AM   #18
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by raffaelli
Good point! may be they are not ready by then, if this is the case then it might take longer to launch then in the next month or so! anyone agree?
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 11:31 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by raffaelli
I had heard that some of the Mugen drivers were using a new one piece engine mount, but took them off for the main. The reasoning that I was told was that the engine mount was not considered a factory part. So I dont know why they would do that especially if they are trying to test out new parts. As far as a new car? Probably was either still on the prototype stage. I also heard that the MRX4 might even have a new lower cg chassis! Ever since they stopped talking to WA Upline and started copying their products! Anyways the MRX4 will be anticipated!
Old 03-08-2004, 11:43 AM   #20
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

Quote:
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter
I had heard that some of the Mugen drivers were using a new one piece engine mount, but took them off for the main. The reasoning that I was told was that the engine mount was not considered a factory part. So I dont know why they would do that especially if they are trying to test out new parts. As far as a new car? Probably was either still on the prototype stage. I also heard that the MRX4 might even have a new lower cg chassis! Ever since they stopped talking to WA Upline and started copying their products! Anyways the MRX4 will be anticipated!
Upline Chassis is very interesting, I am considering one for myself, especially the ball bearing hinge point. I have also seen a few mrx3 running that chassis and the feedback I got was: the car is more stable under high speed conoring I guess it's the lower cg and bearing hinge.
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 12:04 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

There has been a one piece engine mount floating in Asia for some time now.

Lower CF chassis? Hope not. That you know the beating the chassis takes.

I never drove the Upline chassis. A buddy has it. Drove it for one day. Now it is for sale.

The reality of it is that there really does not need to be a new car until the next worlds. Maybe a silent revision here and there like they usually do. But I just can't see a new car comming. But we will see.

It would be cool to lay down the throttle servo though....
Old 03-08-2004, 02:47 PM   #22
Tech Initiate

and about MTX4 or an upgrade version of mtx3? Do you know anything?
tonimccloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:04 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah10
Upline Chassis is very interesting, I am considering one for myself, especially the ball bearing hinge point. I have also seen a few mrx3 running that chassis and the feedback I got was: the car is more stable under high speed conoring I guess it's the lower cg and bearing hinge.
Well there are several guys here in Southern Cal that are using the WA Upline. I have to say that I am looking into getting one. After studying what it does to the car, I have found that the Upline works really well under high bite conditions. The car actually visibly rolls more stable when the weight transfer goes from right to left or vice versa. The car does not get as upset when you need the body to roll quickly. Also the car does appear to allow the driver to push the car a lot harder on the long sweepers. Also the optional brake disc for the kit has some phenominal braking! It pretty much allows you to brake almost 40% later than the upgraded Mugen one piece disc and does not fade at all. As far as drawbacks....I have only chalked up two. First the upline chassis has some diffuculty adjusting to medium/low bite conditions. Probably has to do with the limitation of the droop geometry on the chassis. Second in order to accomodate the front hinge pin bearing holders you have to shave down your front bulkheads (a little bit of a pain). Other than that, I am basically waiting to tweak my current chassis so that I can use it as a n excuse to get an upline. Now as far as raffaelli's buddy selling it after one day, well I think you need to put a little more effort into using such an advanced upgrade. One day is just not enough, that and a little faith never hurts.