R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-30-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
Suspended

Default gt2 metal gears

I have a qs about the gt2, do they make a two speed all metal gear. tring to correct kyoshos problem that they should have fixed a long time ago, and while we are on the subject , why do they still sell this car with this problem, this is the new gear that i blew up, that is supose to be stronger, what gives!!
krazikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:41 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazikev View Post
I have a qs about the gt2, do they make a two speed all metal gear. tring to correct kyoshos problem that they should have fixed a long time ago, and while we are on the subject , why do they still sell this car with this problem, this is the new gear that i blew up, that is supose to be stronger, what gives!!
Anyone that owns a Kyosho GT2 has had this same issue you are having or will very very soon.

The best way to fix this problem is to install the Ipanema Blackhawk Evolva trans Conversion. It is nearly bullet proof

This replaces the spur gears with the Kyosho Evolva spur gears among other things. The kit replaces the center dog bones to chrome molly cvd type center shafts and also a different C/B and choice of about 3-4different pinion combinations.

Ck here for info on where to buy and other great products for the IGT

http://ipanemasports.com/default.aspx
*1speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:05 AM   #3
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazikev View Post
I tried the metal gears and blew up 3 of them in one race day due to the pawl type shift mechanism. These gears are made by HPI but they are not any more reliable than the gears that came with the car.

To fix the problem put in the Ipanema Blackhawk transmission. This transmission will allow you to use Evolva pinion gears so that you can quickly change ratios based on the track you are running on.

I agree, Kyosho should have fixed this long ago but they didn't. Until they do, the only reliable alternative is the Blackhawk. I ran mine all year long with no gear replacements.

Lee
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote