R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   !!!! "NITRO RCGT ONLY" !!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/347154-nitro-rcgt-only.html)

T.MARSHALL 11-26-2009 08:39 PM

!!!! "NITRO RCGT ONLY" !!!!

Since I could'nt find a thread dedicated "NITRO RCGT ONLY" I thought I'd create one.

QUESTION: WHAT IS "NITRO RCGT ONLY" ?

ANSWER: A THREAD THAT DEALS WITH 1/10 NITRO TOURING CARS USING
REALISTIC 200MM BODIES,WHEELS AND HPI XPATTERN RUBBER TIRES

The rules I've seen used around the country have been pretty much the same.

Any 200mm 4wd Nitro Touring Chassis
Any Realistic 200mm Body
Any realistic Wheels with HPI XPATTERN TIRES
(No Dish Wheels)

LETS CHAT!

Jspeed 11-26-2009 10:44 PM

I can tell you that Ipanema Sports would be willing to help with the growth of this class, but it would have to drop the whole "HPI" tire only deal.

Unless "HPI" is "bankrolling" this whole class........ it might grow better & faster if you had more industry support from those that could help too.

Ipanema Sports is super active in the growth in "GT" racing right now. We've put together the very 1st "GT" World Championships and our entry list if full with 100 GT racers. We're working with several companies that also support the growth of the class too. Our event is for next March 19-21 2010.

With all that said, even Ipanema Sports isn't making our tires "the only game in town" at our own event. We're proud of our racing products and we feel it's best for the racer's to learn why we are too.

We offer pre-mounted 1/10 scale racing slick tires in 24mm, 26mm and 30mm widths.

Our belted-radial slicks have shore ratings of 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 & 60 to help anyone "dial-in" to what ever track temps, layout, surface condition and race length. We also offer different foam inserts too, if you can't get great traction with Ipanema slicks, you're in deep trouble, lol

All made of 100% Brazilian rubber and are made in Brazil. Think about it, rubber grows natural in Brazil, where does the rest come from......

Something to think about. :nod:

If you wish to learn more about us, please feel free to visit: www.ipanemasports.com

rowveg36 11-28-2009 04:29 PM

looking forward for this class to grow. i like those realistic looking 200mm sportscar body w/ the roar of a nitro engine.:)

T.MARSHALL 12-20-2009 10:25 PM

By Popular Demand

Originally Posted by Jspeed (Post 6648207)
I can tell you that Ipanema Sports would be willing to help with the growth of this class, but it would have to drop the whole "HPI" tire only deal.

Unless "HPI" is "bankrolling" this whole class........ it might grow better & faster if you had more industry support from those that could help too.

Ipanema Sports is super active in the growth in "GT" racing right now. We've put together the very 1st "GT" World Championships and our entry list if full with 100 GT racers. We're working with several companies that also support the growth of the class too. Our event is for next March 19-21 2010.

With all that said, even Ipanema Sports isn't making our tires "the only game in town" at our own event. We're proud of our racing products and we feel it's best for the racer's to learn why we are too.

"NITRO RCGT" is a class straight out of the 2009 HPI CHALLENGE RULES.

We offer pre-mounted 1/10 scale racing slick tires in 24mm, 26mm and 30mm widths.

Our belted-radial slicks have shore ratings of 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 & 60 to help anyone "dial-in" to what ever track temps, layout, surface condition and race length. We also offer different foam inserts too, if you can't get great traction with Ipanema slicks, you're in deep trouble, lol

All made of 100% Brazilian rubber and are made in Brazil. Think about it, rubber grows natural in Brazil, where does the rest come from......

Something to think about. :nod:

If you wish to learn more about us, please feel free to visit: www.ipanemasports.com

HPI RCGT GP (GAS POWERED)
-Any HPI/BH 1/10th scale 4wd Nitro TC chassis
-Any brand .12 sized Nitro Engine or any .12-.18 HPI Nitro motor
-Any HPI 26mm spoked wheels
-HPI realistic Touring Car body (ie. no Mazda 6, Stratus etc)
Tire specs:
-HPI #4790 X-Pattern D-Compound
-HPI #4490 X-Pattern Pro Compound
-HPI #4495 X-Pattern Belted Pro Compound

NITRO RCGT a new class for THE 2009 HPI CHALLENGE is a Nitro Racing Class where the cars Aesthetics means just as much as the racing itself. By popular demand racers from around the country adopted these rules to use at there club races. Because not every nitro racer has a HPI CHASSIS,clubs decided to have a open CHASSIS RULE.

Jspeed 12-21-2009 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL (Post 6745773)

HPI RCGT GP (GAS POWERED)
-Any HPI/BH 1/10th scale 4wd Nitro TC chassis
-Any brand .12 sized Nitro Engine or any .12-.18 HPI Nitro motor
-Any HPI 26mm spoked wheels
-HPI realistic Touring Car body (ie. no Mazda 6, Stratus etc)
Tire specs:
-HPI #4790 X-Pattern D-Compound
-HPI #4490 X-Pattern Pro Compound
-HPI #4495 X-Pattern Belted Pro Compound

NITRO RCGT a new class for THE 2009 HPI CHALLENGE is a Nitro Racing Class where the cars Aesthetics means just as much as the racing itself. By popular demand racers from around the country adopted these rules to use at there club races. Because not every nitro racer has a HPI CHASSIS,clubs decided to have a open CHASSIS RULE.

Like I said before...............

Open the tire rules & Ipanema Sports will help the class.

Any track owners, operators or clubs that wish to broaden their horizions and increase support of this 200mm rubber tires class, feel free to contact Ipanema. :nod:

jiml 12-21-2009 04:59 AM

I've read somewhere that "RCGT" has been copyrighted by HPI. Hence all the rules to this point have been written by HPI.

Jspeed 12-21-2009 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by jiml (Post 6746434)
I've read somewhere that "RCGT" has been copyrighted by HPI. Hence all the rules to this point have been written by HPI.

That's cool Jim, thanks for da news flash, lol ;)

Any track owners, opperators, hobby shops and R/C clubs interested in selling & growing the 200mm Nitro car clases can still feel free to contact Ipanema Sports.

For the highest quality Brazilian-Rubber, pre-mounted, belted-radial racing slicks in 24mm, 26mm, and 30mm, Ipanema has you covered.

The best rubber on earth comes from Brazil.
Where's your rubber from? :tire: :)

jiml 12-21-2009 08:36 AM

You know, I hate people who post unabashed sales pitches:p

But a RTR based TC class with spec rubber tires and non racing scale appearing bodies might be a good idea.:D

Jspeed 12-21-2009 09:46 AM

Don't be a "hater" Jim, leave it up to the tracks, race directors & racers to decide. lol:)

Until I came on this thread you didn't know that Ipanema had 24mm, 26mm & 30mm wide pure Brazilian rubber racing slicks for 200mm cars did you?

Well, now you and everyone that reads this thread knows that there is another great option available from Ipanema and we're willing to help this form of R/C nitro racing grow. :nod:

Francis M. 12-21-2009 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL (Post 6647888)
Since I could'nt find a thread dedicated "NITRO RCGT ONLY" I thought I'd create one.

QUESTION: WHAT IS "NITRO RCGT ONLY" ?

ANSWER: A THREAD THAT DEALS WITH 1/10 NITRO TOURING CARS USING
REALISTIC 200MM BODIES,WHEELS AND HPI XPATTERN RUBBER TIRES

The rules I've seen used around the country have been pretty much the same.

Any 200mm 4wd Nitro Touring Chassis
Any Realistic 200mm Body
Any realistic Wheels with HPI XPATTERN TIRES
(No Dish Wheels)

LETS CHAT!

The X-Patterns won't hold up to nitro racing.... I've seen these tires wear out within 2-3 runs in RCGT electric.. If you look at the RCGT rules the Cars weight less than 1450grams and only run a 17.5 brushless motor.I'm pretty sure a heavier car with more power will be harder on the tires... There will have to be some changes to the tire rule to make it more cost effective for nitro.....

JLock 12-21-2009 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Francis M. (Post 6747552)
The X-Patterns won't hold up to nitro racing.... I've seen these tires wear out within 2-3 runs in RCGT electric.. If you look at the RCGT rules the Cars weight less than 1450grams and only run a 17.5 brushless motor.I'm pretty sure a heavier car with more power will be harder on the tires... There will have to be some changes to the tire rule to make it more cost effective for nitro.....

I don't know about the newer X-pattern tires but I can tell you that the older X-pattern tires from the early 2000s did hold up. We use to have a club track in Plano, TX on a concrete surface. The main tire that held up the best were the X-patterns. I still have some that are in good shape from back then that could still be run. And yes, we used them on nitro cars with some hot Novarossi engines. A lot of us got at least 8 race days out of them easily (raced three quals and a 15min main twice a month).

Francis M. 12-21-2009 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by JLock (Post 6747798)
I don't know about the newer X-pattern tires but I can tell you that the older X-pattern tires from the early 2000s did hold up. We use to have a club track in Plano, TX on a concrete surface. The main tire that held up the best were the X-patterns. I still have some that are in good shape from back then that could still be run. And yes, we used them on nitro cars with some hot Novarossi engines. A lot of us got at least 8 race days out of them easily (raced three quals and a 15min main twice a month).

Try it now....lol

I wouldn't mind running a rubber tire class for nitro again... The main benifit is for nitro is to be exposed to the parking lot scene again like it was back in the early 2000s..... You can go to a parking lot race and it is mostly electric sedans running....The RCGT rules http://www.rcgtshowdown.com/rules

Running stock foam inserts has a lot to do with the rubber tires wearing out.... + hot nova motors from the early 2000s won't even compare to the standard novas today....

Jspeed 12-21-2009 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Francis M. (Post 6747924)
Try it now....lol

I wouldn't mind running a rubber tire class for nitro again... The main benifit is for nitro is to be exposed to the parking lot scene again like it was back in the early 2000s..... You can go to a parking lot race and it is mostly electric sedans running....The RCGT rules http://www.rcgtshowdown.com/rules

Running stock foam inserts has a lot to do with the rubber tires wearing out.... + hot nova motors from the early 2000s won't even compare to the standard novas today....

Francis,

Ipanema has 1/10 scale belted-radial tires that have been designed, tested and proven to work. They are pre-mounted and are made with the same materials as our race proven 1/8 scale GT racing slicks.

Sorry JimL, I'm not just "pimping" a brand or product for sale.
I'm here to lete veryone know that Ipanema Sports has the solution for racers that wish to use rubber slicks on their cars.

T.MARSHALL 12-21-2009 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jspeed (Post 6748193)
Francis,

Ipanema has 1/10 scale belted-radial tires that have been designed, tested and proven to work. They are pre-mounted and are made with the same materials as our race proven 1/8 scale GT racing slicks.

Sorry JimL, I'm not just "pimping" a brand or product for sale.
I'm here to lete veryone know that Ipanema Sports has the solution for racers that wish to use rubber slicks on their cars.

Do you have Hot Wheels too?

JLock 12-21-2009 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Francis M. (Post 6747924)
Try it now....lol

I still use mine on the dusty parking lot of my apartment complex when I have to test something on my car when not at a track. For a purpose like that, they still work for that purpose (8+ year old tires). I never ran the stock foams in them. I found some medium foams to make them hook up more and not flex so much on the side walls (which is the key to make them work).

This class is more about getting r/c racing more parking lot/club exposure to lure more people into and back into the hobby. Some of us older guys can identify with the VTA bodies but the kids can identify more with the GT bodies since there generation has/is growing up with these styles. To me, it is great that nitro is being included along side the electric RCGT class. Why should the electric guys have all the fun?