R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2010, 02:57 AM   #106
Tech Master
 
FREAKAH's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,389
Default

I take it this class hasn't taken off in the U.S?

Too bad cause I really liked the nitro "GT" concept. It's been a struggle to revive/resurrect this class on the electric side too. I guess everybody just want to go fast fast fast.
__________________
Second-Hand Racing
RACE WORLD HAWAII
Losi Type-R |Tamiya F104 PRO | Tamiya F103 | Mugen MTX-4R | AE FT GT2
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:42 AM   #107
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,453
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREAKAH View Post
I take it this class hasn't taken off in the U.S?

Too bad cause I really liked the nitro "GT" concept. It's been a struggle to revive/resurrect this class on the electric side too. I guess everybody just want to go fast fast fast.
It is hard because the big push in the US is offroad and SCT/CORR truck racing. In fact, the push now is 4wd SCT/CORR truck which is killing 2wd SCT/CORR truck in some areas. Onroad is taking a beating in many places and has died off in many areas, bowing to offroad in a few of them.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #108
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREAKAH View Post
I take it this class hasn't taken off in the U.S?

Too bad cause I really liked the nitro "GT" concept. It's been a struggle to revive/resurrect this class on the electric side too. I guess everybody just want to go fast fast fast.
Why not look into "GT" racing instead. Its getting more popular every day, entry price is not too high, there are a lot of them out there and they're bigger too. Just a thought.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #109
Tech Regular
 
Micro-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 329
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Why not look into "GT" racing instead. Its getting more popular every day, entry price is not too high, there are a lot of them out there and they're bigger too. Just a thought.
Sounds good to me. I am an electric guy wanting to try nitro and don’t want to break the bank. However, I am not clear what car/engine combos meet the “GT" class rules?

If someone could kindly point me to where I can review the official class rules, I would appreciated it!

(I found this link, but it seems like local rules and not 'official' rules: http://www.gmanrc.com/index.pl?id=26...tegory&op=show )
__________________
- Erik
Micro-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #110
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro-E View Post
Sounds good to me. I am an electric guy wanting to try nitro and don’t want to break the bank. However, I am not clear what car/engine combos meet the “GT" class rules?

If someone could kindly point me to where I can review the official class rules, I would appreciated it!

(I found this link, but it seems like local rules and not 'official' rules: http://www.gmanrc.com/index.pl?id=26...tegory&op=show )
Those rules are very close to our "GT Spec" class event rules. At our events we offer 3 different GT classes: GT Open, GT Spec & GT Electric.

Check out the GT Buggy Based On-Road & 2010 US GT Nationals threads for more info on what we GT guys are doing.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:09 PM   #111
Tech Master
 
FREAKAH's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Why not look into "GT" racing instead. Its getting more popular every day, entry price is not too high, there are a lot of them out there and they're bigger too. Just a thought.

Yeah, but i'm still waiting for a nitro on-road track to open up in my area as the last one closed down late last year. The current track I race at doesn't allow nitro. I have a brand new partially built MP777 SP1 sitting in the garage that I would love to convert to "GT".


Hmmm.......but wait, they don't need a clean "prepped" track to run at do they?

How much ground clearance do 'yall usually run?

Any converted 777's out there?


Now i'm getting a little excited lol.
__________________
Second-Hand Racing
RACE WORLD HAWAII
Losi Type-R |Tamiya F104 PRO | Tamiya F103 | Mugen MTX-4R | AE FT GT2
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:43 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net