R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #91
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for the advice guys.

Raman, Thats interesting about the 4-tec tires. Do you have any experience with the associated NTC3 tires? I have seen them being offered in places for around the same price as the traxxas 4-tec tires.
Turbo9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #92
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I had an NTC3 5 years ago.. but I can't honestly say much about the tyres, it was too long ago.

All rubber tyres will balloon to an extent. The nice thing about the 4 tech tyres is that they expand about 15%.. where as HPI / Tamiya rubbers balloon close to 40%
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #93
Tech Elite

http://ipanemasports.com/10scaleracingslicks.aspx
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #94
Tech Master

Default Nice!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
JSpeed, I like these Wheels/Tires and I will give them a try. Very Nice, Very Nice!!!
T.MARSHALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:58 AM   #95
Tech Master

Default Crackalackin

Hey Guys, In your opinion what's the best chassis for this class and why?

On another note: Should there be an open tire rule in this class. Just a thought. I'm thinking any brand 24-26mm tire/insert no dish wheels. What are your thoughts?
Old 05-23-2010, 11:28 PM   #96
Tech Elite

Any shaft driven chassis... realistic wheels and open tyre would be ideal
Old 05-23-2010, 11:43 PM   #97
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL View Post
Hey Guys, In your opinion what's the best chassis for this class and why?

On another note: Should there be an open tire rule in this class. Just a thought. I'm thinking any brand 24-26mm tire/insert no dish wheels. What are your thoughts?
Whatap Todd!!! In order to make it an Open Tire class, you would have to name the class something other than RCGT because HPI has the name trademarked. You can call it Nitro GT, Nitro Sportscar, etc. To keep the class TRUE to the name, RCGT, you have to use the Xpattern Tires, Spoked wheels, 2 Door GT style body, and your choice of Nitro chassis.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
TEAM ASSOCIATED|REEDY|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA| RPM|AMAIN|CREATEX/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|CFX|CAL RACEWAY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #98
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
Whatap Todd!!! In order to make it an Open Tire class, you would have to name the class something other than RCGT because HPI has the name trademarked. You can call it Nitro GT, Nitro Sportscar, etc. To keep the class TRUE to the name, RCGT, you have to use the Xpattern Tires, Spoked wheels, 2 Door GT style body, and your choice of Nitro chassis.
sound like good rules to me .....anybody/track run this class within 200miles of nashvile tn?
RCP Customs-RC Juice
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:06 PM   #99
Tech Elite

Here are a few more options:

1. RCNGT
2. RC Nitro GT
3. Scale Nitro GT
Old 05-25-2010, 06:46 AM   #100
Tech Master

Quote:
I'm Good my Friend, and you ? Thanks for the info,JUST STIRRING UP THE POT AH LITTLE...

I love the look of these cars and i'm hoping this class will grow in popularity.

Charlie, What can we do to grow this class and what kind of turn out are you getting for this class? Thanks Bro!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhess View Post
sound like good rules to me .....anybody/track run this class within 200miles of nashvile tn?
True rkhess, This is a bump for you.

Calling all Nitro OnRoad racer's in the Nashville Tennessee area!!!

Throw some Hot Spoked Wheels, Xpattern Tires and a 2door GT body on them and then "GET IT IN".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Here are a few more options:

1. RCNGT
2. RC Nitro GT
3. Scale Nitro GT
Raman, Thumbs up maybe even NRCGT. For me it's all about the cars.

They've Got The Look!!!!.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:15 AM   #101
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MARSHALL View Post
I'm Good my Friend, and you ? Thanks for the info,JUST STIRRING UP THE POT AH LITTLE...

I love the look of these cars and i'm hoping this class will grow in popularity.

Charlie, What can we do to grow this class and what kind of turn out are you getting for this class?
Todd, the best and easiest way to gain interest is having a series. Get a company to sponsor the trophies, either have a series at your home track, or if you want to reach out to more racers, have it at different locations twice a month. 2 to 3 month series, 6 races total and awesome prizes in the end, it is a sure hit. Maybe even give out t-shirts to the winner of each race. Either way, as long as you run it and participate in it, people will join you!

Good luck my brotha! Hit me up any time!!!
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
TEAM ASSOCIATED|REEDY|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA| RPM|AMAIN|CREATEX/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|CFX|CAL RACEWAY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:52 AM   #102
Tech Master

Default Great Ideas

Quote:
Todd, the best and easiest way to gain interest is having a series. Get a company to sponsor the trophies, either have a series at your home track, or if you want to reach out to more racers, have it at different locations twice a month. 2 to 3 month series, 6 races total and awesome prizes in the end, it is a sure hit. Maybe even give out t-shirts to the winner of each race. Either way, as long as you run it and participate in it, people will join you!

Good luck my brotha! Hit me up any time!!!
Now you've got my Wheels Turning. Thanks for the love Homie.

Charlie, would you mind posting pictures of those "Incredibly Insane Bodies" you've painted. What you are able do on these clear canvas's (we call Lexan Bodies) is more then Art to me. It's more like magic Bro!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:44 PM   #103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

GT racers in the NY area we will be racing GT class IGT or DM1 if we have 5 cars to enter the class. Floyd Benette Field Brooklyn. This weekend I will post the day as the club is voting between Saturday or Sunday due to the holiday. We have 2 confirmed
Old 05-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #104
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

T.marshal ...did u run at cool springs last wknd ? i think they had 4-5 nitro tc's running foams ...we need to change that ..but right now its a run what u brung class ...but if we could show them how cool and fast NGT10 could be we might be on to something

need to get my car together
RCP Customs-RC Juice
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:22 PM   #105
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhess View Post
T.marshal ...did u run at cool springs last wknd ? i think they had 4-5 nitro tc's running foams ...we need to change that ..but right now its a run what u brung class ...but if we could show them how cool and fast NGT10 could be we might be on to something

need to get my car together
Sorry Bud, I'm located in the DMV area.