R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-16-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 620
Lightbulb NEW! PROTOform "R5-N" Nitro Sedan Racebody

Press release:

PROTOform "R5-N" #1520-30

Protoform is excited to announce the immediate release of the all new “R5-N” 200mm gas sedan race body. Gas sedan bodies require numerous openings to be cut in the roof area to enable cooling and fuel filling and thus the bodies tend to become aerodynamically “dirty” and inefficient. Protoform has designed a body to minimize the net drag losses caused by these openings. The unique side windows as well as the rear window contours enhance the efficiency of the linear airflow into and out of the body - without having a negative effect on engine cooling. Every feature including the large rear wing is within EFRA/ROAR/200mm Global Body Spec dimensions. The enlarged wing struts allow for the use of larger screws for quicker trackside adjustments, and the center strut adds stability. Made to fit all the popular 200mm gas chassis this body is pulled in .030 lexan. It’s supplied with protective covering, decal sheet, window masks and wing hardware.

The "R5-N" is sure to be another “step forward” for the serious racer - something Protoform has built its reputation on.
Attached Thumbnails
NEW! PROTOform "R5-N" Nitro Sedan Racebody-1520r5-n-front-3quarter.jpg   NEW! PROTOform "R5-N" Nitro Sedan Racebody-1520-r5-n-side.jpg   NEW! PROTOform "R5-N" Nitro Sedan Racebody-1520-r5-n-rear.jpg   NEW! PROTOform "R5-N" Nitro Sedan Racebody-1520-rear-window-detail.jpg  
daleepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
Tech Regular
 
ma racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 324
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Congrats Dale...I'm sure it will be a fantastic body...
__________________
It's not a hobby.....It's a passion!!
ma racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
Tech Master
 
impalabob64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default When will be ready to sell

Price please,i think i,ve found my body for the Winternats.I will take 2please
__________________
RoninRc.com
MurnanModifiedMotors
Basher BT-4
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
Tech Master
 
Ivan Dickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cali Love USA
Posts: 1,643
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up WOW

WOW...I really like the areo shape of the R5-N body...the body of choice for 2010..
__________________
SPECIAL THANKS TO ✦ MY WIFE ✦✦ MOTIV RC ✦✦ GRAVITY RC ✦✦ JGO PAINTZ ✦✦ TQ RC RACEWAY ✦✦ TAMIYA RACEWAY ✦
Ivan Dickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
Suspended
 
rcpaintinpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PALMBAY FLORIDA
Posts: 2,739
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleepp View Post
Press release:

PROTOform "R5-N" #1520-30

Protoform is excited to announce the immediate release of the all new “R5-N” 200mm gas sedan race body. Gas sedan bodies require numerous openings to be cut in the roof area to enable cooling and fuel filling and thus the bodies tend to become aerodynamically “dirty” and inefficient. Protoform has designed a body to minimize the net drag losses caused by these openings. The unique side windows as well as the rear window contours enhance the efficiency of the linear airflow into and out of the body - without having a negative effect on engine cooling. Every feature including the large rear wing is within EFRA/ROAR/200mm Global Body Spec dimensions. The enlarged wing struts allow for the use of larger screws for quicker trackside adjustments, and the center strut adds stability. Made to fit all the popular 200mm gas chassis this body is pulled in .030 lexan. It’s supplied with protective covering, decal sheet, window masks and wing hardware.

The "R5-N" is sure to be another “step forward” for the serious racer - something Protoform has built its reputation on.
wow this body looks sick I love the side window air flow idea
I cant wait to paint one
when can I buy some
__________________
TEAM ARC USA --- TEAM POWERS USA ---- TEAM VALKARIA RC ----
rcpaintinpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:37 PM   #6
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,850
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

cant wait to see the finished product Pete
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:05 PM   #7
Tech Master
 
sohlman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Outside NYC
Posts: 1,739
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Nice job Dale, can't wait to run it.

Let the copying begin.
__________________
Steve Sohl
sohlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:07 PM   #8
Suspended
 
rcpaintinpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PALMBAY FLORIDA
Posts: 2,739
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

are both the side windows the same or is it just on the drivers side
__________________
TEAM ARC USA --- TEAM POWERS USA ---- TEAM VALKARIA RC ----
rcpaintinpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:16 PM   #9
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete View Post
are both the side windows the same or is it just on the drivers side
They are both the same
__________________
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #10
Tech Addict
 
blount's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: U.S. ARMY
Posts: 544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

When will this body hit the streets?
__________________
Serpent America
Desoto Racing
Runner Time Fuel
Matrix Tires
SRC
blount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #11
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Good news !
What time update Stratus 3.1
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #12
Tech Master
 
impalabob64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default Hits the streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by blount View Post
When will this body hit the streets?
1st week in December
__________________
RoninRc.com
MurnanModifiedMotors
Basher BT-4
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #13
Tech Addict
 
PrimeAKF11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Voorhees, NJ
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Not liking the looks of the front end, but I am nevertheless happy to see a new body released for the nitro sedan class . Very excited to hear about how it'll perform with all the aerodynamic aids too .
__________________
Best rubber tires>> www.SweepRacingUSA.com
For your Team Magic G4 parts needs>> www.bluesunhobbies.com
HD Videos of Blue Diamond Onroad Raceway!!! 200ft+ straight of fury!! >> http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/406318-2nd-annual-pete-johnson-have-nice-day-memorial-race-5.html
PrimeAKF11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:48 PM   #14
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalabob64 View Post
Price please,i think i,ve found my body for the Winternats.I will take 2please
Quote:
Originally Posted by impalabob64 View Post
1st week in December
no matter what body you put on the car you'll still suck j/k
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #15
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blount View Post
When will this body hit the streets?
Bobby is probably about right. Proline should be able to start pulling bodies shortly.
__________________
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:22 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net