R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Trinity Reflex NT - Any good? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/34153-trinity-reflex-nt-any-good.html)

wild gopher 02-22-2004 04:42 PM

Trinity Reflex NT - Any good?

how does this car hold up against Mugens and Serpents? Just curious because someone offered a trade for one, but I dont know much about them

rodneybarrett 02-22-2004 04:51 PM

I had one before my G4. The car works pretty well but is a generation behind the mtx3, 710 and G4.

For Rookie or sportsman type racing, It would work great. In very competitive racing, it may hinder you.

drfritz 02-22-2004 06:34 PM

Had one to, worked great, built like a tank, but was getting alittle old so I got the evo conversion for it,waiting for the season to get started to see what the new girl will do.
The reflexx will work fine for you if you get it,it can still hang with the newer cars at he local tracks.

popsracer 02-22-2004 08:29 PM

wild gopher;

Since it looks like you would be racing it at Revelation raceway, I would recommend one of the newer generation of Cars (G4, V1-EVO, MTX-3, etc).

I own 3 (built) Reflexes and on a high speed, high grip track like Revelation, traction rolling has been hard to eliminate. The newest generation of Cars have suspension refinements that allow them to work better on this kind of track.

wild gopher 02-24-2004 03:46 PM

thanks for the input, and yes revelation will be my home track (which it already is for offroad) so Ive narrowed it down to either the MTX-3, TC3, or HPI R40, most likely the mugen

Darkseid 02-24-2004 04:03 PM

I'll throw my hat into the ring here to with the "I had one..." line.

I ran mine all last year against MTX-3s and NTC3s. I felt that I wasn't at any real disadvantage simply because of my cars design. I finished consistently in the top 2 of the A-Main despite using only a mild powerplant(O.S. .12TR) and really was pleased with the car.

The best part about it was how well it responded to small changes.

I've moved on to the HPI R40 now. Not because the Reflex wasn't good enough anymore, just because, well take a look at my signature...!:sweat:

:cool:

fenix 03-12-2004 11:16 PM

Originally posted by drfritz
Had one to, worked great, built like a tank, but was getting alittle old so I got the evo conversion for it,waiting for the season to get started to see what the new girl will do.
The reflexx will work fine for you if you get it,it can still hang with the newer cars at he local tracks.

Hi
whats the evo conversion?

drfritz 03-12-2004 11:56 PM

Originally posted by fenix
Hi
whats the evo conversion?

the evo is the evolution conversion from kyosho the car is all new from the engine foward, only thing you use is the rear end and the drive train. go to tower hobbies and type in v one rr in the search to see it.

mckrooz 03-13-2004 12:28 AM

I also own a Reflex. It is a very good car and is capable of winning still. I recently switched to Mugen and like the Mugen better but I yesterday I was running against a Reflex and we were even steven all the way. I thought the other guy had a Mugen until we talked. When set up right, it can hang with the newer generation cars.

fenix 03-13-2004 03:44 AM

Originally posted by drfritz
the evo is the evolution cconversion from kyosho the car is all new from the egine foward, oonly thing you use is the rear end and the drive train. go to tower hobbies and type in v one rr in the search to see it.

Is this?

v one rr

mckrooz 03-13-2004 09:34 AM

Is this?

v one rr

Yes, thats it. But $200 is a little steep for it. They usually go for around $150-160. Check ebay.

drfritz 03-13-2004 02:44 PM

Is this?

v one rr

Thats the one. you will need to get a new tank also, the k factory one is to wide and a side brace-belt tensor.
tank number kyosho # 92050
belt- brace kyosho# vzw002
the front shock tower will not work with the trinty upper mounts, you can make your own or buy one from www.precisionrc.com if you are runing a front gear diff your going to need these
kyosho # VZ118
The conversion comes with .8 gears but they will not work with the stock two speed, if you want to run them your going to have to go kyosho and buy there two speed asy....

popsracer 03-13-2004 05:44 PM

Guys;

Actually, my ONLY major complaint about the Reflex is:

On a high speed track that is sprayed with VHT, grip can become so good that traction rolling is a problem.

Cut down tires help, but then there isn't any Gearing availible that is tall enough to bring the rollout back up.

Other than that, the Car has been good to me.

Bounty Hunter 03-13-2004 06:23 PM

Re: Trinity Reflex NT - Any good?

Originally posted by popsracer
Guys;

Actually, my ONLY major complaint about the Reflex is:

On a high speed track that is sprayed with VHT, grip can become so good that traction rolling is a problem.

Cut down tires help, but then there isn't any Gearing availible that is tall enough to bring the rollout back up.

Other than that, the Car has been good to me.

Of course there enough gearing available Steve. I thought I showed you my Outlaw car. Its got some massive gearing on it. Next time I see you at the track I will make sure that I show you.

drfritz 03-13-2004 06:52 PM

Re: Re: Trinity Reflex NT - Any good?

Originally posted by Bounty Hunter
Of course there enough gearing available Steve. I thought I showed you my Outlaw car. Its got some massive gearing on it. Next time I see you at the track I will make sure that I show you.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what about the rest of us? :cry: