R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 03:44 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default BAD AUSTRALIAN AMAIN FUEL KILLS ENGINES BE WARNED!!

I believe it is very important infomation that every racer should know that here in australia we have had a very poor backyard company selling fuel that kills engines.. many racers are not impressed!!!!

http://www.ausrc.com/forum/showthrea...540#post268540

Thats just some of the fighting going on atm... I Race with guys including myself that have thousands of dollars down the drain because there engines all failed them under the 4 litre mark.. and im talking good quality race engines not pull start garbage

Be warned !!!!

AMAIN fuel kills engines and there is a list of people a mile long that can confirm this here in aus

Dave
MECCAMO FUEL - BETA Tires
www.fusionxengines.com.au
Old 11-03-2009, 05:56 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

dead link buddy. Is this the massive mods fuel??
Old 11-03-2009, 06:29 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Dead ink?

Yes i am refering to the massivemods fuel

Dave
Old 11-03-2009, 06:41 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

that link you posted is not working
Old 11-03-2009, 06:48 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Nice job slandering. How much do you think you could be sued for.

I would hardly call Massive Mods a backyard company

Hopefully the mods will delete this thread.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:01 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i have seen problems with this fuel. i used to use the 333 blend. unfortunately, it is higher in Synthetic oil than your average fuel.
synthetic doesnt smoke. so one has to change the way they tune the engines. i now use nitro X. not because i didnt like the 333, but because i didnt like the risk of going that little bit too far into the unknown. heat kills engines. i understand it is easy to blame fuel. i had a bad batch of fuel from a certain shop. now they dont mix it, but the guy who did looked at 3 engines one batch of fuel killed. and i basically wore the cost of 3 , 3.5cc onroad motors from this. Guess what. i didnt slander the company, i just chose to not support the product anymore.

id be carefull how you go about this. basically, i know its hard, but a lesson learnt is only learnt by one who makes the mistake. so maybe let others make the choice for themselves, they might not have the issues you have had.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 11-03-2009, 07:51 AM   #7
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
i have seen problems with this fuel. i used to use the 333 blend. unfortunately, it is higher in Synthetic oil than your average fuel.
synthetic doesnt smoke. so one has to change the way they tune the engines. i now use nitro X. not because i didnt like the 333, but because i didnt like the risk of going that little bit too far into the unknown. heat kills engines. i understand it is easy to blame fuel. i had a bad batch of fuel from a certain shop. now they dont mix it, but the guy who did looked at 3 engines one batch of fuel killed. and i basically wore the cost of 3 , 3.5cc onroad motors from this. Guess what. i didnt slander the company, i just chose to not support the product anymore.

id be carefull how you go about this. basically, i know its hard, but a lesson learnt is only learnt by one who makes the mistake. so maybe let others make the choice for themselves, they might not have the issues you have had.

Im actully one of the lucky ones only killing one engine that i know of,

Over ten people i know have had several engine failours using amain fuel, these are very experianced racers using very good engines, Two guys alone spent over $1800 each on engines as one by one they died at less than 4 litres as mine did

Funny how when they were using Meccamo fuel they never had issues... and now after three engine failours each and going back to Meccamo fuel they are having no problems what so ever

People should know and deserve to know about this... I have seen to many a dear racer freind blow up engines on amain fuel and it is very sickening!

Massivmods is as backyard as it gets, He owes many people new engines!!
!!

And sorry guys the link does not work as the thread was cleaned up from all the fighting

Dave
Old 11-03-2009, 08:24 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

what kind of failures are they at 4 lts ?

i know i said i had 3 motors on one batch of fuel. but one was an old engine, one had been run on 3 different types of fuel, and i know one for certain was due to fuel.

i was unlucky as i tried so many fuels in a short time. but had i been running the same engine on one fuel and it happened, then i wouldnt have made the mistake of trying another engine on that fuel. mine werent failures as such, but enough damage to not run them in the event i had baught them for.

so i think after the 2nd failure they should have had the experience to realise something was wrong. a tear down after run in and even during if it takes 2 lts or more, will show you some problems internally, scratches, pitting etc. so i think to take it as far as 3 engines is a little inexperienced. but thats my opinion like you have yours on this fuel. so dont take it as a personal attack, just making sure you see the other side and learn from this experience.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 11-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc skyline View Post

Over ten people i know have had several engine failours using amain fuel, these are very experianced racers using very good engines, Two guys alone spent over $1800 each on engines as one by one they died at less than 4 litres as mine did

Funny how when they were using Meccamo fuel they never had issues... and now after three engine failours each and going back to Meccamo fuel they are having no problems what so ever

People should know and deserve to know about this... I have seen to many a dear racer freind blow up engines on amain fuel and it is very sickening!

!!

And sorry guys the link does not work as the thread was cleaned up from all the fighting

Dave

Not to sure what engines you guys are running but 1800 dollars each that sounds like a lot
Mom & Dad
Old 11-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #10
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAKid View Post
Not to sure what engines you guys are running but 1800 dollars each that sounds like a lot
Each racer spent 1800 on multiple engines. Not one 1800 dollar motor.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #11
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc skyline View Post

!!

Dave
He said and meant $1800.00 worth of engines for each person, he did not say $1800.00 EACH ENGINE.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #12
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAKid View Post

As wingracer said it was multiple engines, One guy had three os speeds fail him at under 4 litres, When he used to use Meccamo he would allwase see at least 30 plus litres out of hes race engines, They are $650 a pop!!!!

Im talking about racers here that seriously know there stuff, Im not talking about a few people i am talking about ten plus guys i know of including myself that have had engines blow at under the 4 odd litre mark with the only one thing in common been amain fuel

OCM Australia had to stop using amain fuel as it was the only thing they could put several engine failours down to just the same as many other people!.. And once again as soon as they changed back to another fuel type there were no more problems

Since i have gone back to Meccamo i am having no problems

Not only are there countless cases of engines dying (mainy bearing related).. or in some cases just complete blow ups like rods thru blocks but Mark the maker of the fuel has been caught out on several lies over the past two years in regards to hes fuel products and engine testing

Mark from massivemods has threatend to sue many people i race with for posting the simple truthfull facts about hes fuel hence why myself and many others are now going out of our way to let people know about this extremely dodgy company/ product and the money that these guys have spent on engines that they will never see again and we all know what the cause of failouor has been... its become more than obvious to say the least

Can you imagine if ford sold falcons that the wheels fell off at 5000ks.. and then emailed the customers saying if they talk about it they will be sued!!!!

Its not on guys and between the people i know and god knows how many more will pop up there are many people out of pocket with engines going bang and the only one conection every time has been amain fuel!!

Dave
Old 11-05-2009, 05:37 PM   #13
Tech Adept

Why would anyone with any sort of knowledge of the hobby and such deep pockets settle for a very poor backyard company to fuel their $1800 worth of engines? I think this falls under the catergory of common sense? I mean fill me in this is a rather interesting subject. I've owned a couple of expensive race engines and I for sure wouldn't settle for below average fuel and I'm not saying it is. For the most part I usually settle for O'Donnell or Trinity atleast they've been around for a good amount of time. I mean when I read this it's almost like someone buying a Ferrari, but going to some watered down off brand fuel station on the side of the road and then complaining that it blew their engine.

I would think ones logic after the first destruction of a engine would have figured out something wasn't right with the fuel and would have not attempted to try another engine...?
Old 11-06-2009, 05:26 AM   #14
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've been running Massive Mods fuels for about 3 years with no dramas. I'm currently running a 35+21, a Murnan 35+21 and a Murnan Cordoba. Just my 2 cents worth.

www.MRCCR.com
Old 11-06-2009, 05:58 AM   #15
Tech Master

heres what i answered to his other posts

Hi Dave

I have PMed you but you havent responded . I did state that i spoke with Cameron personally in my PM to you to hear his concerns just like i did with you. I didnt get on the forums and debate it pointlessly did i ? I contacted you re your concern with your Go Engine. you came in , we looked at the motor together and realised that the bearing faliure was not fuel related. You fix engines too ? dont you ? , we looked at the bearing race and crank and there was NO Bluing ,which is normally a tell tale sign of lac of lubrication. Instead when we took out the crank the inner race had cracked in about 5 equal pieces and there was NO BLUING PRESENT ANYWHERE .. we both thought that was weird and i put it down to a faulty cast of the inner race .. no fuel on the planet could have avoided that.

So Back to Suing someone ... When i spoke to Cameron he asked me if i was going to sue him , and i laughed . Why the hell would i want to sue him when i went out of my way to contact him personally and hear his concerns ? I didnt even respond to any of his posts on AUSRC or PM him in any way !!! Anyway I dont know where this here say came from but id say it probably came from the same place that states that A MAin fuel kills engines. There is no basis for this argument in any shape or form and even after i contacted you personally , warranted the faulty engine with a Brand New one ! and even after i PM ed you with a questions as to where did you hear i was threatening Cameron with legal action , you still continue to argue a baseless point.

I can understand if i had threatened your mate with some sort of action , you would be pissed off , so would I ! But man it never even happened so where the hell is this crap coming from ? Id appreciate a phone call man so we can chat about this properly, i know you are a resonable person , and this forum stuff is not solving anything. Freedom of speech is a great thing but dissemination of baseless accusations is just damaging to all concerned.

I spoke to Cameron and his father in a very professional respectful manner to hear their concerns , just liek i did with you. I expect the same courtesy in return.

M 02 95572770

PS MassiveMods or any business starts from basics. Yes it started in my back yard, im actually proud of that , i started in a small shed and did what i enjoy. In case you havent noticed MassiveMods is no longer a back yard business. We actually have and have had for 2 years now a fuel processing plant in adelaide which produces the bulk of MM fuels. And now we have one in New York ,, Everybody starts somewhere Dave .

And in the face of this sort of slander and competing against companies that have been around for 30 years we have had awesome success with our fuels. Im very proud of my fuels and what team drivers and others have achieved using them. 4 National title podiums so far this year against Australias best ! You simply do not get up there unless the fuel can deliver what the driver needs.

MM
Engine development manager Rifling Pty Ltd. Nitro fuel designer : Neo + World record title holder 2012 Austalian Nationals 147.6 KPH , 1 st 2 nd and TQ Australian National Buggy titles 2012. Victorian State title 2012 Neo + , South Australian state title ON and Off Road 1/8 2012 Neo + :-) QLD State Titles 2012 1st buggy & trruggy + TQ Neo + MG66 RX7 1st Sportsman Class Truggy QLD State Titles 2012 !! Nitro Addicts Australia . com
Closed Thread