R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   kyosho v one rrr wc build (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/340262-kyosho-v-one-rrr-wc-build.html)

Keanas 10-30-2009 07:32 AM

kyosho v one rrr wc build

About to start putting my v one rrr kit together and had some questions.
Step 1. rear diff says to glue parts 163, 16 & 17 but doesn't show were. Is it the o ring that is glued in place?
Out of the hot up parts what ones are worth getting? Was thinking the allum brake lever & the allum middle shaft support. Any others worth a look?
What shore tires to use front & rear? Have noticed alot of websites saying to use a softer shore 35-37 on rear & harder on front 37-40? My car chews out the rears alot faster than the fronts, so have been running the opposite, hard rear, soft front. Is the softer rears for better braking grip?

Thanks keanas

Brian Bosley 10-30-2009 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Keanas (Post 6541416)
About to start putting my v one rrr kit together and had some questions.
Step 1. rear diff says to glue parts 163, 16 & 17 but doesn't show were. Is it the o ring that is glued in place?
Out of the hot up parts what ones are worth getting? Was thinking the allum brake lever & the allum middle shaft support. Any others worth a look?
What shore tires to use front & rear? Have noticed alot of websites saying to use a softer shore 35-37 on rear & harder on front 37-40? My car chews out the rears alot faster than the fronts, so have been running the opposite, hard rear, soft front. Is the softer rears for better braking grip?

Thanks keanas

I don't think you have to glue anything in the rear diff?

the aluminium brake lever is important, I would skip all other aluminum because it is heavier than plastic. Most of us are running the wire sway bars instead of the rear blade and the evo2 chassis and top deck are important for more steering. KM racing makes a top deck that uses the xray fuel tank, far fewer problems with it than the kyosho one in the long run for me at least.

I absolutely always run harder rear tires because of wear and adjust the setup to compensate. Most of your braking comes from the front tires if you don't have a oneway.

Keanas 10-30-2009 07:56 AM

Thanks Brian, What about the various brake pads & discs, are any better than others?

Brian Bosley 10-30-2009 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Keanas (Post 6541523)
Thanks Brian, What about the various brake pads & discs, are any better than others?

The stock disc is fine, KM racing also makes brake pads similar to the kyosho truggy(buggy too I believe, 777) brake pads. they are more like real car pads and cost about $30. If you are going to order the KM top deck to use the xray tank then get the pads too, they are about half the price of kyosho. If not, then just get the kyosho 777 pads, part # is IFW324

Scott Fisher 10-30-2009 01:06 PM

I have always run the Kyosho APP pads with my sedan

Keanas 10-30-2009 04:24 PM

v one fuel tank

What were the issues with the kyosho fuel tank? Looks like a great design. Baffel plates and a very low pick up point. Is it the lid sealing/leaking under pressure?

Speedypeterb 10-30-2009 07:12 PM

fuel tank

there are no issues with the fuel tank, the car is great box stock, the lever and the app pads a must.

Scott Fisher 10-30-2009 07:18 PM

I have never had issues with the fuel tank and have been running the car for almost 3 years now.

Keanas 11-03-2009 01:34 AM

Another question

Is the one piece engine mount meant to hang over the side of the chassis a bit? seams strange, but i guess they're cutting down on weight by making chassis as narrow as possible?

Scott Fisher 11-03-2009 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Keanas (Post 6557370)
Is the one piece engine mount meant to hang over the side of the chassis a bit? seams strange, but i guess they're cutting down on weight by making chassis as narrow as possible?

Yep, it hangs over just a little bit