European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class >

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Old 09-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Ned I think you are making to much work for yourself.

Chassis : Any 1/8 scale pan chassis with no shocks nitro powered car.

Straight axle cars from past run whatever motor and which ever body.

Modern pan cars with adjustable camber and toe run GT bodies.

Wings and spoilers can be used if they are the original with the body and cut on the factory lines. Rear of the bodies should maintain tail lamps and can not be completely cut out.

Tires : Any commercially available foam based tires allowed.
All tires must fit under the body. (No addition of wheel flares)

No electronics may be added to aid in vehicle stability. (Matt Taylor rule)

Any .21 motor or smaller maybe used.

Regular price suggested to be under $250 not including tax. (Use Tower Hobbies, Stormer Hobbies, Horizon Hobbies or any other large retail store as price reference.)

Points will be awarded just like they are awarded in the midwest series. 20 for Qual. 80 for the main.

There are rules. Anyone have a problem with any of it?
Seems like an excellent starting point for some fun. This just might be the "slash" class of on-road. Fairly cheap, pretty easy to run, relatively realistic bodies and the prospect of close racing.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

I think you need to be very very clear what a "pan chassis" is and what "shocks" are in the rules. These two items where part of the demise of the last pan classes run in this country.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P2gee
I think you need to be very very clear what a "pan chassis" is and what "shocks" are in the rules. These two items where part of the demise of the last pan classes run in this country.
Very good point! I just got off the phone discussing II's rules with Sr. and we agree this area needs some clarification. I'll keep working on combining ideas into rules and throw out a rule package with mostly rules and a few questions....
Old 09-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Pan Car Body Order

Originally Posted by 5italkart
sounds good too me. please lets finalise the body rule before we place our order. also who is in charge of awards at this weekends race so i can give'm the trophys for the pan class?
Not to worry, Joe. The body rules for the Pan class will be finalized and everyone will be given a chance to reconsider their body orders before any order is placed. Of course there is the mater of getting the money together too!! ;-)

I'd talk to Lon about the awards. He mentioned that he has had a conversation with the MWS Director about the Pan Cars running so he should be able to take care of the trophy thing.

Lon doesn't get on the forum much so Saturday at the track may be the best time to find him.

See ya Saturday!!
Old 09-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5italkart
hey matt whats in your rc300 parts box? i need a servo saver, back wheels and hubs stock bumper. want too restore mine too original can we get tire donuts?
.........i am the MOTHER FN SERVO SAVER KING.............I haves something like 6-8 brand new in package...LOL...im sure i have a brand new pair of rears....do you mean a pr of standard rears or the ball diff side (large hole) also??...you will NEVER get a ball diff rim away from me......unless it's from my cold dead hands..........hubs..........maybe.........fr ont bumper?....i'm scarce on those.........ill bring my huge spares box Sunday
Old 09-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grenade10
That makes me wish I still had the Greenwood Corvette .........
....you still can have one... www.historicrc.com i think he still has the corvette.....even though they are not on his site anymore......
Old 09-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Ned I think you are making to much work for yourself.

Straight axle cars from past run whatever motor and which ever body.

Modern pan cars with adjustable camber and toe run GT bodies.

Wings and spoilers can be used if they are the original with the body and cut on the factory lines. Rear of the bodies should maintain tail lamps and can not be completely cut out.

Tires : Any commercially available foam based tires allowed.
All tires must fit under the body. (No addition of wheel flares)

No electronics may be added to aid in vehicle stability. (Matt Taylor rule)

Any .21 motor or smaller maybe used.

Regular price suggested to be under $250 not including tax. (Use Tower Hobbies, Stormer Hobbies, Horizon Hobbies or any other large retail store as price reference.)

Points will be awarded just like they are awarded in the midwest series. 20 for Qual. 80 for the main.

There are rules. Anyone have a problem with any of it?
.........I LIKE IT, CALL IT DONE.............EXCEPT FOR MY STEERING "ASSIST".....
Old 09-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by P2gee
......I say a "shock" can be used if it's used 1/12th style .............ie. controlling the spring in a chassis /tbar..but no shocks used in conjunction with an arm moving on a pivot pin.............
Old 09-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Taylorm
......I say a "shock" can be used if it's used 1/12th style .............ie. controlling the spring in a chassis /tbar..but no shocks used in conjunction with an arm moving on a pivot pin.............
Agreed.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default In The Day

In the days that Rick put together his T-plate RC 300, I recall using shocks minus springs as damper. Since this is an older car, do whatever you need to get into the action.
Too many want-to-be lawyers out there! We all know what a pan car is, old and new. Quit making it harder. If someone shows up with a real strange car, it's not a pan car.
I still feel the 3-port non-turbo motor is going to force you to drive as best you can rather then buying this weeks hot motor.
Perhaps an open pan car class is what you want, There are places to play that game already, this is suppose to be about enjoying some simple racing, not filling your pit box with motors. Any brand 3 port non-turbo motor will do and yes one motor might be a little faster, I'll bet not by much. Throw in 5,7, or 9 port motors, and the 3 port is in trouble, and we're all looking for another motor.
The cars we've seen running this summer have brought allot of interest to the pan car, without being about motors or bodies.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
In the days that Rick put together his T-plate RC 300, I recall using shocks minus springs as damper. Since this is an older car, do whatever you need to get into the action.
Too many want-to-be lawyers out there! We all know what a pan car is, old and new. Quit making it harder. If someone shows up with a real strange car, it's not a pan car.
I still feel the 3-port non-turbo motor is going to force you to drive as best you can rather then buying this weeks hot motor.
Perhaps an open pan car class is what you want, There are places to play that game already, this is suppose to be about enjoying some simple racing, not filling your pit box with motors. Any brand 3 port non-turbo motor will do and yes one motor might be a little faster, I'll bet not by much. Throw in 5,7, or 9 port motors, and the 3 port is in trouble, and we're all looking for another motor.
The cars we've seen running this summer have brought allot of interest to the pan car, without being about motors or bodies.
We don't have enough racers for two classes yet. We can put "3-port non-turbo" in the rules. I don't think thats a issue for anyone except the vintage guys.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

It's this easy, There are a bunch of us looking to enjoy old and new pan car racing. This is to be low tech racing, all being close in power, bodies we like. We line up our shoe boxes and go at it! If you're a fast guy, come play, but you have to step all of the way down into low-tech. We don't care that there are faster motors and better handling bodies. If you're going to beat my shoe box with yours, driving is going to make the difference nothing more!
Toledo doesn't have to write bullet proof rules for the world, you know, rules that have to explain every little detail.

LET'S RACE!!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I will just stick with the normal bodies we have seen so far on the cars, the GT bodies that have roof lines.

Thanks for posting the link those other bodies look neat, none are for me
Old 09-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Tech Regular

The vintage guys have no rules other then basic ROAR rules. Over and over I say let them do what they have to, to join in the fun!
If you are buying a new car to race with the cars already in town, plan on a 3 port non-turbo motor, same as the rest. it's not so bad, everyone who tried it, seemed to enjoy it!
Old 09-09-2011, 04:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just a thought about the engine rule, if you specify a price they shouldn't go over then use MSRP and update the list ones or twice each year. Otherwise someone could buy a engine on sale for instance.
I hope you will get it all sorted out, best of luck to you all!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.