European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Old 11-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

They're here...

Old 11-11-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Dale,

The ROAR based rules appear to be pretty sound with one possible exception that the Italians appear to have addressed in their rules. A rule specifying no articulated chassis and no shocks or dampeners anywhere on the cars should be included. If you remember, a dampened chassis car is pretty much what killed pan car class the first time around.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by garen
They're here...

Garen,

Great!, Does this mean I may have a couple of kits on the way?!!

Dale
Old 11-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.......just thinking..whats the most expensive 3 port motor around............could we set a street price on the motors used???............200.00???..............
The RB or Novarossi 3 ports new are $150.00 to $200.00. Check out Amain hobbies or Tower or Murnan. Murnan does sell stock motors.

Dale
Old 11-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by P2gee
Dale,

The ROAR based rules appear to be pretty sound with one possible exception that the Italians appear to have addressed in their rules. A rule specifying no articulated chassis and no shocks or dampeners anywhere on the cars should be included. If you remember, a dampened chassis car is pretty much what killed pan car class the first time around.
Yeah, Good point, I'll add some like verbage to our 2wd rules. I need to add the max fuel tank size of 125 cc to the rules also.

Dale
Old 11-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sheeley
I want to race a pan car enduro
........how's about under the cover of darkness........
......real racecars have headlights..........
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...m/RC300010.jpg
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...m/RC300009.jpg
Old 11-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by P2gee
Dale,

.pardon my ignorance...articulation as in a mechanical joint that the car can twist on or plain ole' chassis flex.......??????
Old 11-12-2009, 04:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.pardon my ignorance...articulation as in a mechanical joint that the car can twist on or plain ole' chassis flex.......??????
Ok, I will need to put something in the rules about this, but basically, what is allowed in the French "Classic rules" is: In the front end they allow a Flex rocker style plate with the solid axle tied to the rocker plate. In the rear end they allow only solid mounting of the rear axle to the main chassis plate. Of course, no independent wheel movement. The German "Contact 300" had a flex plate at the rear of the car similar to the 1/12 scale elec. carpet cars. The Contact 300 designers elected on their own to withdraw this design and come out with the "Contact 310" which does not have the rear flex plate. I do not want to rule out the front flex plate in our rules because most of the availiable kits such as the Motonica P8C and DXF cars have this feature.

There is historic justification for this front flex plate design, the Delta "SL" and "SS" cars of the mid-seventies had this feature, so did the "Scorpion"
cars of the same period. However, Delta and Scorpion both droped this feature as not needed in their later offerings such as the Delta "JL" car and the later Delta "Super J". Art Carbonel won the 1982 World Championship with the "Super J". The Associated RC-100 introduced the "Coke Bottle"
sculpted chassis in 1976 which they continued through to the RC-300BD,
Associated's last Pan car before the RC-500 Suspension car was released in 1983. The later Delta "JL" and "Super J" adopted the "Coke Bottle" Chassis shape.

Dale
Old 11-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

has the p8c been build yet?

Still curious about the ride height adjustments.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2wdrive

we want build pics........
Old 11-16-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 2wdrive

I did receive the DXF car friday. Garen said the P8C will be at my door sometime this week. I will post some pics of both cars when I receive the P8C.

The ride height adjustment I assume will be by spacer plates under the bulkheads. The DXF car is adjusted this way, I assume the Motonica will be the same.

Dale
Old 11-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by djmachinist
I did receive the DXF car friday. Garen said the P8C will be at my door sometime this week. I will post some pics of both cars when I receive the P8C.

The ride height adjustment I assume will be by spacer plates under the bulkheads. The DXF car is adjusted this way, I assume the Motonica will be the same.

Dale
Well, Garen was good on his word, the P8C kits got here today! I will try to build both cars in next couple of weeks. I'll try to take pics during the build process.
Attached Thumbnails European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-363.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-364.jpg  
Old 11-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by djmachinist

Dale
Here's the DFX Vortex 2wd. The guys at DFX assembled it for me.

Dale
Attached Thumbnails European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-365.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-366.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-368.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-369.jpg  
Old 11-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Man the bottom of that car is sexy.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

ya ain't that the truth

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.