Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
5itakart made his return to Toledo! While he ran a cheater car (shocks and 4wd), it was cool just the same.
thanks for the welcome, driving home in the rain storm was no fun. and i may be S.O.L on parts for the 966. i posted on our canadian site about the class for the elec. guys lots of them here. off to the "lab" this vac. stuff is great! PS matts home brew car runs nice.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default MOTONICA RULES!!

Motonica P8Cs and 3-port motors take 1st and 2nd at round 2 of The Midwest Series in Portage In.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Yall should post some pics ala the ENS guys - MNS (Midwest Nitro Series)
Old 06-15-2015, 05:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

That's a great idea! Please do post some pictures...
Old 06-15-2015, 05:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yesterday I drove my P8C for the 2nd time on my hometrack (http://www.amcaracing.nl/). 40shore front tires, 30 shore rear. The car is still twitchy but great fun to drive! I've ordered 45sh and 50sh front tires and will try the as soon as I have received them.

Hardly any tire wear and 8 minutes of (f)runtime per tank (^_^)
Old 06-15-2015, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default 50s

Originally Posted by Johnson40
Yesterday I drove my P8C for the 2nd time on my hometrack (http://www.amcaracing.nl/). 40shore front tires, 30 shore rear. The car is still twitchy but great fun to drive! I've ordered 45sh and 50sh front tires and will try the as soon as I have received them.

Hardly any tire wear and 8 minutes of (f)runtime per tank (^_^)
50s are where you went to be. Running an older Matra body with less down force in Portage, I tried 45s again (hoping to us up some 45s), it proved once again to be a mistake. I've watched a super fast drive run super fast on 35s, but the rest of us are going to enjoy the less steering of the 50s, plus they last forever (almost).

Don't know if anyone took any pictures of the racing but I'll see if I can dig something up. Midwest Series has a RC Tech Forum, web page, and face book. Plus I forgot how getting picture on here works. We'll try
Old 06-16-2015, 05:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Talking

So, I am curious, but I am pretty sure I know the answer. Who is running older body styles, Lola (me), Frisbee, Can Am etc. like the Delta Plastik ones. I have been itching to get their Ferrari T4 and an Tyrell F1 body for a chassis I had just restored, and they have been out of stock for ever now. Has anyone been able to source such vintage bodies lately - I know its hard to race those non "aero - advantage" bodies, but I am trying to put an open wheeler together.

As a note, I have emailed and have not heard anything back as of a month ago. I have contacted DXF in France and may be able to pick up some bodies from them when I go overseas in a couple months.

..."Open Wheeler, Open Wheeler..."
Old 06-18-2015, 01:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Motonica P8C

Old 06-18-2015, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
So, I am curious, but I am pretty sure I know the answer. Who is running older body styles, Lola (me), Frisbee, Can Am etc. like the Delta Plastik ones. I have been itching to get their Ferrari T4 and an Tyrell F1 body for a chassis I had just restored, and they have been out of stock for ever now. Has anyone been able to source such vintage bodies lately - I know its hard to race those non "aero - advantage" bodies, but I am trying to put an open wheeler together.

..."Open Wheeler, Open Wheeler..."
OK I'll bite! lol I too would like to run older body styles. Although the original discussions for starting the pan class included older bodies in the "talked about rules", that, as well as running old style pan cars was not adopted. Unless some kind of agreement can be made to change body styles, I guess we are stuck with the current situation. Since some of us can only run a few races a year (club racing is hard to find!) conforming is probably the best route. I have seen your call for open wheel bodies and would love to run them! But without four or five committed to use them I don't see them running with the current modern pans. What I would like to see is an "Exhibition Class" of old style pans run at the MWS and GLC races and running open wheel bodies could be suggested or required. With the series allowing low count classes to compete, electric and GT 8, for example, this may be a possibility if we could get 3 to 5 to show up.
I am working on two old pans and one will for sure have an open wheel body, hopefully at Toledo!! I want to run old style GT bodies on my WRC and hope to try one out there too!

Let's see what happens!!

Ned
Old 06-19-2015, 05:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
OK I'll bite! lol I too would like to run older body styles. Although the original discussions for starting the pan class included older bodies in the "talked about rules", that, as well as running old style pan cars was not adopted. Unless some kind of agreement can be made to change body styles, I guess we are stuck with the current situation. Since some of us can only run a few races a year (club racing is hard to find!) conforming is probably the best route. I have seen your call for open wheel bodies and would love to run them! But without four or five committed to use them I don't see them running with the current modern pans. What I would like to see is an "Exhibition Class" of old style pans run at the MWS and GLC races and running open wheel bodies could be suggested or required. With the series allowing low count classes to compete, electric and GT 8, for example, this may be a possibility if we could get 3 to 5 to show up.
I am working on two old pans and one will for sure have an open wheel body, hopefully at Toledo!! I want to run old style GT bodies on my WRC and hope to try one out there too!

Let's see what happens!!

Ned
HEY Ned count me in for open wheel body run, lets try in Toledo race July. Gary
Old 06-20-2015, 05:12 PM
Tech Addict

have my rc400 with elfin bod ready for action
Old 06-20-2015, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default WE ALL BETTER RUN!

Originally Posted by 5italkart
have my rc400 with elfin bod ready for action
Look forward to seeing you both!
Old 06-22-2015, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Look forward to seeing you both!
chassis worked ok bod looks cool, clutch not so much seems the orig clutch shoes were much more heat resistant. oh well back too work.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

Default Race within a Race

Occurred to me that Joe and Matt can have the international scratchbuilt pan car challenge every Sunday
Old 06-23-2015, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Talking

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
Occurred to me that Joe and Matt can have the international scratchbuilt pan car challenge every Sunday
Thats only if i can stop partying to 12:30 in the morning and get out of bed
without almost barfing.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.