Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
At the big Byron's fuel challenge last weekend a Kid named JJ Wang won sedan and TQ'd 1/8th open and there was nothing any of us adults could do about it. JJ is 13yrs old now and only getting faster. He doesn't miss a apex and is light years ahead of where he was this time last year. (Although he out paced me last year too) Kids have always been the kings of our game. Ralph Burch use to be a kid no one could touch, there is some Canadian kid who is really fast now too. Now the kids are playing video games and not playing with RC cars so we don't see it as much. So I have no doubt Lon III and Noah will be whooping on all of us in short order. I just say rack up the wins over them now while we can.
that would be great, nothing on your mind but racin. hope we get more youngsters too keep our club and others going.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know.
Well, yes there is. Please manufacture your retro J pan car. I drove down to Toledo this morning, I must have missed you.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Default Little lost 3-port

Hay, any body that was at the race today, please check and see if there is a 3-port NR motor stuck to the bottom of one of your shoes, I've lost one somewhere.
Today's pan racing was outstanding! Good going Ned, armed with his French fry car, he darn near ambushed us all. Could have been the perfect day for him except for my Anti Monkey Butt car was there. It was good racing on everyone's part and the pan racing is second to done when it comes to having fun!
Where was Phil? Farmer John I'm sure was there with pockets of bucks looking for a Super "J". It was nice to meet John, hope he's racing soon!
So I think at the end of the year, we need to form a overall list of the pan racers. Then if you raced in at least 4 races, You've earned the right to display your placement number on your 2013 pan car. No one else will be able to us that number in 2013. This is sort of a mini awards system that we did years ago, it was fun then, why not now? What do you think?
Switch to GT bodies for next club race.
LETS RACE SOME MORE!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Hay, any body that was at the race today, please check and see if there is a 3-port NR motor stuck to the bottom of one of your shoes, I've lost one somewhere.
Today's pan racing was outstanding! Good going Ned, armed with his French fry car, he darn near ambushed us all. Could have been the perfect day for him except for my Anti Monkey Butt car was there. It was good racing on everyone's part and the pan racing is second to done when it comes to having fun!
Where was Phil? Farmer John I'm sure was there with pockets of bucks looking for a Super "J". It was nice to meet John, hope he's racing soon!
So I think at the end of the year, we need to form a overall list of the pan racers. Then if you raced in at least 4 races, You've earned the right to display your placement number on your 2013 pan car. No one else will be able to us that number in 2013. This is sort of a mini awards system that we did years ago, it was fun then, why not now? What do you think?
LETS RACE SOME MORE!!!
Sounds good to me. Maybe we should do this with all the classes?
Old 07-02-2012, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
LETS RACE SOME MORE!!!
i think we may have been the biggest class. will try for the sat. off work too do the glc
Old 07-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Why don't you take some picture of your races?? Put 'em here :-)
Old 07-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Flygio
Why don't you take some picture of your races?? Put 'em here :-)
matts the photo bucket guy
Old 07-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5italkart
matts the photo bucket guy
.........it's hard to take pictures while you're driving...........oh wait....i dont drive...i just smash and blow stuff up.................
Old 07-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.........it's hard to take pictures while you're driving...........oh wait....i dont drive...i just smash and blow stuff up.................
I shot a few Sunday. Still on the camera and have no idea of quality...
Old 07-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

...and the only two pictures worth posting...new camera.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Great photos! Can anyone tell me what brand of cars are in those pictures?
Old 07-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 1/8 oldschool
Pretty sure they were all P8Cs of some form.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Tech Addict

Default cars

Originally Posted by 1/8 oldschool
yes we all use the p8c just diff model year or version. great class ,fun racing with good guys. i'm the car with the orange nose, joe t is the other car and good old ned is in the other photo
Old 07-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 5italkart
yes we all use the p8c just diff model year or version. great class ,fun racing with good guys. i'm the car with the orange nose, joe t is the other car and good old ned is in the other photo
I just need one of y'all with the older cars to upgrade to an extreme. I'm "frugal"...
Old 07-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default A blind guy could see it!

Some numbers and a sticker or two makes one car look much neater then the other two.
Joe is right, the pan class is a blast! We just have to figure how to get Matt to make the jump to a car that will makes it threw the day. Don't get me wrong, his Ass RC 300 is fast, it just doesn't last. As a results, we have a fast driver doing allot of watching.
Speaking of Joes, I knew Joe Tuttle had a loose screw but not his car, let alone 3 of em.
Farmer, keep waitting!
With the track time we've had so far, we know that HP is not that much of a factor for pan racing (French guys allow 7- port motors). The good 3-ports are going away and the Motornica combos have 5-ports. I'm thinking for next year we open the motors up to 7-port also. I'd bet our 3-ports would still be more then enough! What do you think?
LETS RACE SOME MORE!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.