Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HKC
hi,

this week raced the French championship round 4 at La Turbie next Monaco
(sorry i can't post link..)

i run with a Motonica P8C (first) with picco P7R evo 4 and Mugen cyntax..

and the same P8C but with mamba monster max and 2200kv....

by
Thanks for posting! Interesting that you use a Centax clutch. We were thinking that the pan cars woud need a softer, slipping engagement.

You must have a smooth throttle finger and very good traction!!

We started out to run 3port engines to keep the speeds down but it looks like anything is ok now...if you can use the power!

How does the electric compare? 4s batteries?
Old 06-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Thanks for posting! Interesting that you use a Centax clutch. We were thinking that the pan cars woud need a softer, slipping engagement.

We started out to run 3port engines to keep the speeds down but it looks like anything is ok now...if you can use the power!

it's becoming sort of self policing. not really worth a big motor so everyone is just running the kit ones. what we need softer is our cars,
Old 06-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5italkart
it's becoming sort of self policing. not really worth a big motor so everyone is just running the kit ones. what we need softer is our cars,
Joe, We've been thru this before...watch what happens when the track is re-surfaced and guys learn to set them up. Why do you think they can run big motors in Europe?

I don't think softer cars are the way to go. Without dampers (shocks) they will start to bounce worse.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Adept

Personally I've always been rather disappointed with stiff chassis performaces over not-so-flat surfaces.... The car feels unpredictable, and I must be easier on throttle... On the other hand I don't feel any disadvantage racing soft chassis over perfectly flat tracks... hence maximize torsion and flex is my way to set a pan...

my 2 cents :-)
Old 06-11-2012, 06:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HKC
hi,

this week raced the French championship round 4 at La Turbie next Monaco
(sorry i can't post link..)

i run with a Motonica P8C (first) with picco P7R evo 4 and Mugen cyntax..

and the same P8C but with mamba monster max and 2200kv....

by
How many were you? Is Classique still on the edge there? In a couple of weeks we'll have Italian Nats, but sadly they're expecting ( as always ) very few drivers. It's a real shame that with so many wonderful chassis brands, many of which are italian, the category is struggling in Italy (as it always did).......

btw, I'll keep racing ( as always ) !!
Old 06-11-2012, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flygio
Personally I've always been rather disappointed with stiff chassis performaces over not-so-flat surfaces.... The car feels unpredictable, and I must be easier on throttle... On the other hand I don't feel any disadvantage racing soft chassis over perfectly flat tracks... hence maximize torsion and flex is my way to set a pan...

my 2 cents :-)
i agree i was never sure what direction the car would take. also since not every track will be smooth i think a compromise is needed.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5italkart
i agree i was never sure what direction the car would take. also since not every track will be smooth i think a compromise is needed.
You guys could be right, I've been wrong before-once ;-) I imagine the degree of flex vs. stiff is important. As opposed to "stiff" I'm thinking "Med" vs. "Soft". Besides, that's one of the reasons I quit, I never know which way the car was going to go. lol
Old 06-11-2012, 08:42 AM
HKC
Tech Rookie

Hi,

yes a little "smooth" engagement.. than a 4x4 ..but a "Classique" is slower than a 4x4 about 2s-3s max per laps...

don't miss the tires are much,much,much important with the toe and a little of camber
I use around of 3° of toe in sometime less and 1.5 of camber
tires front generaly 40° in 65-66mm ...
for the front,if you turn to much take hard tires,42° or 45° or 50°..

rear start with 35° in 74mm

for the rear ..if you sliperry when take throttle,test 33° or 30° or 25° and a little softer the centax..
when the rear is bumping/jumping (on the track listen the motor) take more hard tire 37° or 40°...

don't miss the tweak..

I use a gear diff with 300.000 silicone grease

the french champion use a RBC11..
Old 06-11-2012, 08:45 AM
HKC
Tech Rookie

with my electric ,i use 4s..with 19/47 but my local track is a little short for the 1/8but most technical...track laps are about 21s and with a 5400 ip a ran 16-17min very nice...
Old 06-11-2012, 09:03 AM
HKC
Tech Rookie

How many were you? Is Classique still on the edge there? In a couple of weeks we'll have Italian Nats, but sadly they're expecting ( as always ) very few drivers. It's a real shame that with so many wonderful chassis brands, many of which are italian, the category is struggling in Italy (as it always did).......

btw, I'll keep racing ( as always ) !!

in France about 50 drivers pair round of national

in the 90's the category is struggled in France (max 10 drivers/national)
but with some Stubborn"Gaulois".. classique survive

in the 2000's is the news..littles rules changed and keep drivers but attrack most of news ones and most "new"manufactures
-camber and toe
-16% nitro
...this on road categorie is the most "economic" i tryed
Old 06-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by HKC
in France about 50 drivers pair round of national

in the 90's the category is struggled in France (max 10 drivers/national)
but with some Stubborn"Gaulois".. classique survive

in the 2000's is the news..littles rules changed and keep drivers but attrack most of news ones and most "new"manufactures
-camber and toe
-16% nitro
...this on road categorie is the most "economic" i tryed
Is tyre additive allowed in France? In Italy is free, I started to soak my tyres few weeks ago for the first time......The difference is just astonishing. The rear end feels totally glued on the ground, allowing incredibly tight clutch and hard diff, you take out the rear toe-in to regain fluency through the corners, wing down, and the car still struggles to corner and I'm running a Picco Evo 4 Edo...... I found it absolutely funny to drive a car like that. It's around 1.5 sec faster...... I'm not ashamed to say that I do like tyre sauce
Old 06-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Joe, We've been thru this before...watch what happens when the track is re-surfaced and guys learn to set them up. Why do you think they can run big motors in Europe?

I don't think softer cars are the way to go. Without dampers (shocks) they will start to bounce worse.
Ned......I went back to my standard 300 chassis and think its way better
Than my t-bar car as far as the bumps go...I can't wait to drive
a pan on new asphalt....we will gain1-2 secs. a lap easy
Old 06-11-2012, 01:08 PM
HKC
Tech Rookie

Is tyre additive allowed in France? In Italy is free, I started to soak my tyres few weeks ago for the first time......The difference is just astonishing. The rear end feels totally glued on the ground, allowing incredibly tight clutch and hard diff, you take out the rear toe-in to regain fluency through the corners, wing down, and the car still struggles to corner and I'm running a Picco Evo 4 Edo...... I found it absolutely funny to drive a car like that. It's around 1.5 sec faster...... I'm not ashamed to say that I do like tyre sauce
So the tires additive is forbidden in France and I never testing with the "classique"...
Old 06-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Ned......I went back to my standard 300 chassis and think its way better
Than my t-bar car as far as the bumps go...I can't wait to drive
a pan on new asphalt....we will gain1-2 secs. a lap easy
I remember you had said that. That's part of why I said softer may not be better. But I may be confusing "soft" with "Flex". My T-bar chassis flexes side to side more than the standard chassis. It may be stiffer front to back. Not sure.... That's another advantage of the Classic chassis, the front to back flex can easily be adjusted. Interesting discussion...
Old 06-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HKC
Hi,

yes a little "smooth" engagement.. than a 4x4 ..but a "Classique" is slower than a 4x4 about 2s-3s max per laps...

don't miss the tires are much,much,much important with the toe and a little of camber
I use around of 3° of toe in sometime less and 1.5 of camber
tires front generaly 40° in 65-66mm ...
for the front,if you turn to much take hard tires,42° or 45° or 50°..

rear start with 35° in 74mm

for the rear ..if you sliperry when take throttle,test 33° or 30° or 25° and a little softer the centax..
when the rear is bumping/jumping (on the track listen the motor) take more hard tire 37° or 40°...

don't miss the tweak..

I use a gear diff with 300.000 silicone grease

the french champion use a RBC11..
Great information! How do you adjust the stiffness of the chassis with the bars next to the fuel tank?

ned

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.