Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Not a prob

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
I'm looking forward to unleashing Lon III on the pan car class and he almost seems excited about running it. I'm going to work on his car this week and get it dialed in so it is easy to drive and has a bad push for him. I ask that you guys remember he is 9yrs old and new to the hobby. When I started racing in the 80's I had my Dad, Ned, John Fong, Ed Bird, Marvin Davis, and a few others who treated me like a fellow racer but I know I was just another object they had to get around on the track. I have always remembered that and hold all those guys in the highest respect today. I guess what I'm asking is that we don't yell at the kid and make him feel bad for being on the track. I will play the roll of the bad guy for you guys since he doen't really care if I yell at him.
I think I was nine myself or so when I started. Used to be we gave the kids and newbies a break since they're just starting out...and what schmuck would yell at a kid anyhow? Don't worry about him hitting me, I've got a tank, I'll give him some space and help any way I can.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
I think I was nine myself or so when I started. Used to be we gave the kids and newbies a break since they're just starting out...and what schmuck would yell at a kid anyhow? Don't worry about him hitting me, I've got a tank, I'll give him some space and help any way I can.
I'm not really worried about people yelling at him. I'm just worried that alot of guys are running collectable cars worth a lot of money and my kid may not show those cars the respect they should be. I will do my best to teach him to let people by and abide by all the unwritten rules of racing. It just might take some time.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default 1/8 bodies

I need to remember to paint bullseyes on the car so everyone has a better target to hit...lol. Hey, quick question, I need a new body for the car. I have some unpainted bodies from way back but I'm loathe to cut them as I have only one of each (and I promised Ned if he needed them for templates he could borrow them.) Anyhow, I've having trouble finding a body...for example, apparently most of todays cars have a wider set in the front, big dip between the wheel wells, so I can't use a body like the Blitz because the tires would rub on the inside. Any ideas would be appreciated....
I use the Parma '03 Audi on my Motonica P8C , an older body but still being produced by Parma . The part number is 1210 , it fits great and it does not have that large dip between the wheelwells.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

I will play the roll of the bad guy for you guys since he doen't really care if I yell at him.
.....if anyone yells at your 9 year old i will punch them in the face...................hope he takes to it like a fish to water....would be cool to see a group of young uns out there....we have to keep this going forever...
Old 04-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default Thanx

Originally Posted by 1/8 oldschool
I use the Parma '03 Audi on my Motonica P8C , an older body but still being produced by Parma . The part number is 1210 , it fits great and it does not have that large dip between the wheelwells.
I'll check into that tomorrow..I can get by with what I have for this weekend but a new body would be nice.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

Default Eh

I'm not really worried about people yelling at him. I'm just worried that alot of guys are running collectable cars worth a lot of money and my kid may not show those cars the respect they should be. I will do my best to teach him to let people by and abide by all the unwritten rules of racing. It just might take some time.
I figure if it goes on the track, it's fair game, one should run something they are worried about breaking. Granted, I don't intend to race the Thorp at the GLC, more of a practice display and to say I got to drive one is all. I've seen the typical SuperJ go for about 1200 on Ebay, with a low of 600 and a high of 1700, but in the end, it's a freaking toy! Besides which, accidents do happen, and anyone seriously worried about breakage shouldn't have it on the track. I'm worried more about me, I'm sure my passing skills have rusted a good deal, so if I hit anyone, it's probably an accident...lol.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Pleease, gentlemen take lots of pictures of the cars and the race and post them here to promote the new pan class!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Default 1978/80 Delta SuperJ

Went retro and installed an aluminum pan...
Attached Thumbnails European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-toledo0008.jpg  
Old 04-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.....if anyone yells at your 9 year old i will punch them in the face...................hope he takes to it like a fish to water....would be cool to see a group of young uns out there....we have to keep this going forever...
yes we need youngsters, i'm sure he'll be fast soon enough. i can hear the computer now "lon iii"
Old 04-25-2012, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Thanks brings back memories!! Best handling pan car I ever had.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/8 oldschool
thanks for the body tip they look great, always liked the can am would have loved too see the real thing race
Old 04-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

Default Parma 03 Audi

Originally Posted by 5italkart
thanks for the body tip they look great, always liked the can am would have loved too see the real thing race
Your welcome and to be honest the picture and the paint job doesn't really do the body justice. It handles well and it's still in production, you can buy as many as you want,all day long. It's made and shipped in America so shipping charges aren't astronomical.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Nice! How does it handle and does it keep pace with the current powerplants?
Old 04-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

This is Lon III's body
What motors are you allowed to run?
Old 04-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Pan Car Motors

Originally Posted by Wanabrc
What motors are you allowed to run?
As I have stated many times before the rules are hard to pin down but in Toledo and the MWS I believe the idea is Three Port, non-Turbo Plug, and purchase price less than $250 (the price thing may apply to Toledo only, if at all.

In Europe, I think they only limit the motor to 7 ports, not sure about that...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.