Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Jeff Z. is no longer involved with the rule making for pan cars, as far as I know. Why would we change? I say don't fix what is not broken....
agreed seems to be working
Old 02-13-2015, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Default What about the rule

I think it was a rule, the one about the reigning champion's car has to be 1 pound heavier then everyone else.

How about this one, if you have to cross a national border to race, your car doesn't have to weigh anything as long as it has no clutch. (CAN USE WHAT EVER % NITRO YOU WANT)

LETS GET TO RACING!!

LETS START THE FUN!
Old 02-16-2015, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
I think it was a rule, the one about the reigning champion's car has to be 1 pound heavier then everyone else.

How about this one, if you have to cross a national border to race, your car doesn't have to weigh anything as long as it has no clutch. (CAN USE WHAT EVER % NITRO YOU WANT)

LETS GET TO RACING!!

LETS START THE FUN!
harharhar, i now have a modern clutch set up will use what ever fuel left at matt's with my luck someone will blow up the bridge. first F1 race march 15
Old 04-23-2015, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Default Calling any Northeast pan car owners

With the closing of the Port Jervis, N.Y. track there is currently no place to race any type of on road nitro cars in the Northeast. However the Floyd Bennett Field track in N.Y.C. is still available to practice on. Are there any pan car owners out there ( I know there's a few) that are planning on practicing any time soon. I'd like to run with at least one other car that's similar to my WRC.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5italkart
harharhar, i now have a modern clutch set up will use what ever fuel left at matt's with my luck someone will blow up the bridge. first F1 race march 15
Did you guys run an F1 race already?
Old 04-23-2015, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

Unhappy Sorry to hear!

Originally Posted by 1/8 oldschool
With the closing of the Port Jervis, N.Y. track there is currently no place to race any type of on road nitro cars in the Northeast. However the Floyd Bennett Field track in N.Y.C. is still available to practice on. Are there any pan car owners out there ( I know there's a few) that are planning on practicing any time soon. I'd like to run with at least one other car that's similar to my WRC.
Nice collection, bet they'll run fine here in Toledo. Bummer about Port Jervis! We were planning are trip too. Hope you can find a way to catch this years GLC.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
No..last Sunday test and tune.. this coming Sunday first club race......If its not -100 degrees.......
Old 04-24-2015, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
i was referring too the real thing...go lewis hamilton !!!! a bit behind getting ready too cold anyway
Old 04-25-2015, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

What happened???..
Old 04-26-2015, 06:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Taylorm
What happened???..
The town chose to not renew the the contract with John Fernandez who brought the idea to the city and used his own money to create the track. The track is in a town park and this section of the park was evidently not being used.From what I have heard John wanted a portion of his out lay reimbursed and the town balked at this.When it was time to renew the contract with him the town council chose not to.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

The town chose to not renew the the contract with John Fernandez who brought the idea to the city and used his own money to create the track. The track is in a town park and this section of the park was evidently not being used.From what I have heard John wanted a portion of his out lay reimbursed and the town balked at this.When it was time to renew the contract with him the town council chose not to.
i bet in europe the city would have helped him not dump on him
Old 04-27-2015, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

i bet in europe the city would have helped him not dump on him
It seems very odd that a town has a piece of property it's doing nothing with and someone will help you turn it into a profitable area (the town got a cut from the race fees that were collected for each event), then doesn't want to keep this venture going. There had to be many underlying and behind the seen things going on that I'm sure will never come to light.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Too bad... Wanted to try to get there this year...
Old 04-27-2015, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Too bad... Wanted to try to get there this year...
our local off road track is at park/zoo sort of a place, they get it rent free since the owner considers it another attraction. this would seem similar too his deal. when matt wins the lottery i'm certain we'll have a huge track!!!
Old 04-27-2015, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Smile

our local off road track is at park/zoo sort of a place, they get it rent free since the owner considers it another attraction. this would seem similar too his deal. when matt wins the lottery i'm certain we'll have a huge track!!!
YUP.. European style ribbon track....kegs and stripper poles in the pits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.