R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-14-2005, 06:12 PM   #61
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon

HMm.... in the beginning, everyone was like Byron all the way... now OD? so which is it? maybe a vote? haha
Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 06:34 PM   #62
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Neil

I like Byron better it doesnt leave behind oil residue in the engine. I ran a gallon of OD in my buggy and stained all the fuel lines too. Byron is'nt so fumy when you run it either. There was no difference in power or drivability.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:07 PM   #63

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I like Byron better it doesnt leave behind oil residue in the engine. I ran a gallon of OD in my buggy and stained all the fuel lines too. Byron is'nt so fumy when you run it either. There was no difference in power or drivability.
Well finally someone confirms what Ive seen. Too bad my lhs doesnt carry byrons....hmm wait a min theres another one near by....ROAD TRIP. LOL
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:35 PM   #64
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Byrons

I've run many gallons of both OD & Byrons.

OD makes good fuel. When I was running it, I thought it was pretty good...then I tried Byrons.

I found that my engines ran much more consistent. By that, the temperature was more even from the beginning of a tank to the end AND from running one gallon to the next.

I also found that my engines ran 'cleaner'. It seems like the OD tended to 'load up' and not run as smooth as they did when running Byrons. Stained fuel lines don't really bother me, I want my engines to run good and smooth. I'm a back yard MT basher and a competive 1:10 TC racer. I now run Byron's 100% in all my 'toys' (cars, trucks, airplanes and boats).

Something that does matter to me, though, is that Byrons actually makes their own fuel...on site. Not many brands say the same thing. They have actual, direct quality control over their product. I'm not certain about OD, but I know for many other brands, this is not the case...it doesn't hurt that their good 'ole Iowa folks to boot.

my $.02
TC_Tuner
MRX4-X F180 Cobra Zipper Kart Yokomo BD Cup Racer FM1e Recoil M18 Pro Scalpel dNaNo Baja 5T HB D8 Vorza ERevo Savage Flux SCX10 GT2 T4 Slash Ten SCTE Blitz ESE HB Cyclone D4 Mini ERevo Vendetta ST Mini T Micro T
TC_Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:02 PM   #65
Tech Regular

Hmm, does running cleaner mean lesser oil content to protect the engine, ie. not safe for engine on the long run?
Old 06-15-2005, 12:02 AM   #66
Tech Fanatic

so guys if i am not accesible to Byrons fuel.....but im accessible to OD on Blue thunder and sidewinder......you guys are telling me i should spend the extra bucks and go for the OD......and i guess it will be good in the longrun right????????????

thanks

Mike
factory racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:27 AM   #67
Tech Master

I usually use od 20% and just ordered some sidewinder 30% with 12% oil so we'll see how it goes.....
I've never had a problem with od, I just thought it was time to try somthing different......
onnetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:54 AM   #68
Tech Champion

Hey.... can I vote for Tornado fuels ? Some seasoned racers said tornado fuels have pure castor oil that lubricates piston sleeve at higher temp than synthetics. Honestly I don't know about it..... but I'm using tornado 25% now. ( Before : O'donnel ).
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:07 AM   #69
Tech Regular

wow so many brands,...

lets get the moderator to start a poll and get opinions across the board...
Old 06-19-2005, 02:29 AM   #70
Tech Regular

So far from all the comments on Byron VS. ODonnells, it seems like Byron is in the lead with 13-8!
Old 06-29-2005, 09:12 PM   #71
Tech Master

I finally got the sidewinder 30% with 12% oil..... the first thing I noticed is that it smells like cox fuel from way back when..(that brought some memories back... )
I've only done two tanks so far.. one at lower rpm's to go from 20 to 30% and the other at race pace.. it idles well, ran cooler and lots more power..
onnetz is offline   Reply With Quote