R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2004, 09:12 PM   #1
Tech Addict
 
Nitropimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NorCal
Posts: 500
Default Radio ?????'s

I have a question does Futuba crystals work on a Airtronics M-8??? And visa versa.


thanks
Nitropimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 05:27 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic
 
Smoke21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Pacifica, California OR Clearlake Oaks, California
Posts: 784
Send a message via AIM to Smoke21
Default

Yes, but they can cause glitiching and it probably be unpredictable, stick with the brand of Radio cystals(M8 to Airtronics,2PL to futaba etc...)
Smoke21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 04:42 PM   #3
Tech Adept
 
jd Jorge Diaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: frequency 79 only
Posts: 200
Default

yeah
jd Jorge Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 06:59 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
IDrinkNitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 161
Default ???

I have a question. I am in the market for a radio system for my LD3 Pro. I am having some problems figuring out which system to go with. When running onroad using front one way is it crucial to have a system that features ABS? I was looking long and hard at the JR XS3 but I don't believe it has ABS I was also looking at the Futuba 2PL, I like the price and features but would rather go FM. I am now lookin at KO PROPO Mars (Helios is way too pricey for me at this point). So is ABS necessary guys? Could use some help here
IDrinkNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 07:31 PM   #5
Tag
Tech Master
 
Tag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Arcadia CA
Posts: 1,589
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: ???

ABS system is good to have but not a must especially if you will be running a one-way diff where braking is or should seldem used. I would say the old futaba 3PD radio or if you have enough dough, why not look into the JR R-1 .

Quote:
Originally posted by IDrinkNitro
I have a question. I am in the market for a radio system for my LD3 Pro. I am having some problems figuring out which system to go with. When running onroad using front one way is it crucial to have a system that features ABS? I was looking long and hard at the JR XS3 but I don't believe it has ABS I was also looking at the Futuba 2PL, I like the price and features but would rather go FM. I am now lookin at KO PROPO Mars (Helios is way too pricey for me at this point). So is ABS necessary guys? Could use some help here
__________________
* Serpent 966 TE Novarossi 35+21, Airtronics M12 *
Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 09:00 PM   #6
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,208
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: ???

Quote:
Originally posted by Tag
ABS system is good to have but not a must especially if you will be running a one-way diff where braking is or should seldem used. I would say the old futaba 3PD radio or if you have enough dough, why not look into the JR R-1 .
i have raced for the past 3 years with a JR-R-1 and never had a glitch or any other problems with it . It has alot of options for setting up your abs anywhere from how and when your abs starts to work,and you can set your abs to work when you are turning but not while you are going straight or the other way around. Is a little complicated but with a little time its one of the best radios out there.But thats only my opinion.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 09:10 PM   #7
Tech Adept
 
IDrinkNitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 161
Default

Thanks for the reply's. Ok, it has come down to either JR XS3 or KO PROPO EX MARS and I would like to buy tomorrow. Which one would you guys get The MARS seems like a good value now that the Helios is out. I like how small the reciever is and I have heard nothing but good things about KO PROPO. On the other hand the JR XS3 means no more buying crystals and it does include servos. hmmm...kinda leaning towards the KO PROPO but not sure
IDrinkNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 09:16 PM   #8
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,208
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by IDrinkNitro
Thanks for the reply's. Ok, it has come down to either JR XS3 or KO PROPO EX MARS and I would like to buy tomorrow. Which one would you guys get The MARS seems like a good value now that the Helios is out. I like how small the reciever is and I have heard nothing but good things about KO PROPO. On the other hand the JR XS3 means no more buying crystals and it does include servos. hmmm...kinda leaning towards the KO PROPO but not sure
either of them are good , the R-1 you can choose the fm modulation from fm to pcm or to zpcm with the zpcm you can activate the fail-safe function that its on the radio.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 09:24 PM   #9
Tech Adept
 
IDrinkNitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 161
Default

Do I have to use digital servos with KO PROPO mars?? And if so what is the deal with programming digital servos? Is it difficult??
IDrinkNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 09:26 PM   #10
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,208
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by IDrinkNitro
Do I have to use digital servos with KO PROPO mars?? And if so what is the deal with programming digital servos? Is it difficult??
im not sure i dont have the KO PROPO i own the R-1
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 04:14 PM   #11
Tech Adept
 
jd Jorge Diaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: frequency 79 only
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by IDrinkNitro
Do I have to use digital servos with KO PROPO mars?? And if so what is the deal with programming digital servos? Is it difficult??
i dont think so
jd Jorge Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 07:23 PM   #12
Tech Addict
 
bulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: M03M
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default question

I have an m8 radio 40mhz...I cant use it here in ca coz its illegal.is it ok if i just change the module/rx/crystals to 25 or 75mhz?any info?thanks.
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 07:45 PM   #13
Tech Regular
 
miniracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 268
Default

bulldog, yes, you can change the module to 75mhz. suggestion is to get the novak switch module for the m8 so yu can just dial in your frequency. no more crystals.

nitropimp, for the 27mhz yes the futaba rx crystal will work but not the transmitter crystal. for 75mhz no, futaba has a different shift than the airtronics. tried the futaba tx crystal in the m8 and everything went haywire. am using futaba rx crstals in sanwa/airtronics receiver no problem.
miniracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 07:50 PM   #14
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: London Canada
Posts: 229
Default Re: Re: Re: ???

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.S710
i have raced for the past 3 years with a JR-R-1 and never had a glitch or any other problems with it . It has alot of options for setting up your abs anywhere from how and when your abs starts to work,and you can set your abs to work when you are turning but not while you are going straight or the other way around. Is a little complicated but with a little time its one of the best radios out there.But thats only my opinion.

Tend to agree with the..."it's one of the best radios out there statement"...my R-1 has been 100% trouble free and the setup options are many. I think the R-1 is probably one the most under rated radio systems around, rarely is it ever talked about or recomended it seems.
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 08:01 PM   #15
Tech Addict
 
bulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: M03M
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default m8

thanks mini racer.appreciate it!
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 DTX ICE - Car stands, 8000 7.4 lipos, B4 Spares, Tires, 3PK radio M8 radio spektrum racer34v R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 07-16-2008 06:10 AM
gt2 truck,spectrum radio,ae radio,glow starters.......trade for non rc realted xsxracing Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 1 08-07-2007 05:43 PM
gt2 truck,nitro extras,spetrum radio,ae radio,charger,battery more....cheap xsxracing R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 08-07-2007 08:40 AM
Good radio:fm, any brand, no offer refused! needed radio(3 channel t to the maxx2 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 16 02-05-2005 11:20 AM
Futaba 3PJS FM/PCM radio w/7 sets of crystals and MATT FRANCIS radio bag Ron Meloni R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-08-2003 04:43 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:17 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net