R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
Tech Addict
 
slasher man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 514
Default hey new guy i need help

i am new to on road cars and want to start off in nitro on road i have a small buget too any sugesttions and this is not my first rc caR
slasher man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #2
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 320
Default

Are you looking to race?! or bash?!
LAM3SAUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
Tech Addict
 
slasher man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAM3SAUCE View Post
Are you looking to race?! or bash?!
how do u bash a on road car and i want it for track and maybe a few races
slasher man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 320
Default

haha i see basing means using the car just for fun and run it at parkin lots etc, racing kits are track use only! whats your buget?!
LAM3SAUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:53 PM   #5
Tech Addict
 
slasher man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAM3SAUCE View Post
haha i see basing means using the car just for fun and run it at parkin lots etc, racing kits are track use only! whats your buget?!
ok then is there a basher that can go on the track or nooo and my buget is looooowwww
slasher man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #6
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 320
Default

what i would recommend is you can check out the kyosho fw-06 or kyosho fazer both cars are shaft driven and you are able to take them out to the track if you want! Fw-06 ~$260, Fazer~$230 the Fw-06 i have and did use it not on tracks though but it has good performance to with stand starter racing! the Fazer is more equivalent to the HPI Rs4 evo3 both those cars i dont really like, so future reference i would go with the Kyosho Fw-06 again this is my opinion!

now if you want to go to the kits theres:
kyosho V1RRR evo
Serpent 720
Xray NT1
Mugen MTX4R
Team Magic G4
again these are kits so you would still need a whole lot of more things and more $$ of coares!

Last edited by LAM3SAUCE; 10-16-2009 at 10:21 PM.
LAM3SAUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:06 PM   #7
Tech Addict
 
slasher man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAM3SAUCE View Post
what i would recommend is you can check out the kyosho fw-06 or kyosho fazer both cars are shaft driven and you are able to take them out to the track if you want! Fw-06 ~$260, Fazer~$230 the Fw-06 i have and did use it not on tracks though but it has good performance to with stand starter racing! the Fazer is more equivalent to the HPI Rs4 evo3 both those cars i dont really like, so future reference i would go with the Kyosho Fw-06 again this is my opinion!

now if you want to go to the kits theres:
kyosho V1RRR evo
Serpent 720
Mugen MTX4R
Team Magic G4
again these are kits so you would still need a whole lot of more things and more $$ of coares!
thanks alode i just saw the xray n18 the 1/18 nitro touring car i think that is really cool and it comes in a kit but it says it comes with every thing so i just neeed to build that is that a good car.
slasher man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:11 PM   #8
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher man View Post
thanks alode i just saw the xray n18 the 1/18 nitro touring car i think that is really cool and it comes in a kit but it says it comes with every thing so i just neeed to build that is that a good car.
haha that car is truely a cute little car, ive wanted to get one back then, yes but if you get the electronics pack which comes with the micro servos and starterbox you will still need a transmitter! but remember nitro 1/18 scale you wount be able to find much tracks that allow you to run it!
LAM3SAUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:13 PM   #9
Tech Addict
 
slasher man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAM3SAUCE View Post
haha that car is truely a cute little car, ive wanted to get one back then, yes but if you get the electronics pack which comes with the micro servos and starterbox you will still need a transmitter! but remember nitro 1/18 scale you wount be able to find much tracks that allow you to run it!

yea i love this little car i wasnt thinking about racing it just doing a few laps at the track and i love building kits and i got a transmitter ready for it but would i be waseting my money if i buy one
slasher man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:18 PM   #10
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher man View Post
yea i love this little car i wasnt thinking about racing it just doing a few laps at the track and i love building kits and i got a transmitter ready for it but would i be waseting my money if i buy one
YGPM! if you truely want to race put the money in what you really want! i know and spent alot of extra money where i ended up spending more because its not what i truely wanted! think wisely, for my xray nt18 for a fun car to play with i would, to race in the future i wouldnt, later you will probably want to get a better kit when your eyes open up more about on-road rc!
LAM3SAUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:27 AM   #11
Tech Addict
 
slasher man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 514
Default

thank u i like the kysho lazer and its in my price range
slasher man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:42 AM   #12
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6
Default I recommend kyosho fw-06

I recommend a kyosho fw-06. I have this rc car for a time and I just love it! Or you can get reviews of nitro radio controlled cars from several sites online.
__________________
So many rc tanks, so little time
http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/rctank.php

Last edited by christinedwrds; 10-19-2009 at 01:40 AM.
christinedwrds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #13
Tech Addict
 
slasher man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 514
Default

do u now how much the thunder tiger tomahawk mx is and how tereble is it
slasher man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:52 AM   #14
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pasir Ris
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher man View Post
thank u i like the kysho lazer and its in my price range
HAHA! Kyosho Lazer is the 1/10 off-road, ZX-5.
AdrianOngs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:34 PM   #15
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianOngs View Post
HAHA! Kyosho Lazer is the 1/10 off-road, ZX-5.
haha i think he meant kyosho Fazer!! tomahawk i would not buy!
LAM3SAUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New guy BillC Rookie Zone 12 12-09-2008 10:17 AM
Smoked two motors in a Rustler ??????? Need Help. BADAZZPSD Electric Off-Road 17 06-03-2008 07:30 AM
Help new guy setup Losi XXX-T Jynx Electric Off-Road 6 11-06-2007 08:28 PM
First buggy "Need Help" Centy Electric Off-Road 14 10-12-2006 08:24 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:32 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net