Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caribbean Winter Cup 2009- Puerto Rico

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I feel there has been situation that have happen between these two and others over years and it will never be solved unless those persons just calm down and enjoy the hobby more and talk it out. I will not pick sides and am very fair I believe. I tried to smooth things out between the parties and help consult with a decision to propose to the drivers to vote on what they wanted. All racers voted and agreed. 8 to 10 voted what they wanted.

Now let’s go back to the great race and congrats Bobby Flack and X-Ray and all the winners. It was a great race and fun time.
Hope this helps and please do not take it personal.

Last edited by YLLIB; 12-15-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default truth

Yeah the plot thickens because nobody has the balls to really say exactly what happened, but besides all of that rc racing is supposed to be about fun and helping one another in a great hobby. sounds like there are lots of attitudes between different drivers and what you all are driving. It should'nt be mugen this or Xray that but that there are 10 individual drivers should'nt matter what car your driving. if the race was not at the half way point then you restart doesn't make a difference who's winning or if somebody broke out. congats to you Peter Alvardo
Old 12-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have heard that the team Xray owner in P.R. is a pain in the a$$ among the locals, if I am Mike Swauger I will sue his a$$ for terrorist threat.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default owner

who is this owner of team xray drivers? big secret i guess
Old 12-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

I might be off base by posting what I said, but I was there and it is the TRUTH. Mike will not come on this thread and post up negitivity about the race or people no matter what happen, even to defend himself. So I am stepping in because Mike does not deserve to be blasted eithier. It is very sad at times the track owners, hobby shop owners and team driver can not reply to comments more firmly when they get blasted in the wrong way because racers hold that against them and it is bad for businesness. I pretty much say what I want but some times I even have to hold back. But if I do not like you I will not go out of way and even talk to you eithier, but I we be respectful and say hello if face to face, thats respect. But I will say when I become a racer only and not a track and shop owners, I going to tell about half a dozen racers to kiss my $ss, LMAO.

Billy

Back to what a great race and , great P.R. people.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
Yeah the plot thickens because nobody has the balls to really say exactly what happened, but besides all of that rc racing is supposed to be about fun and helping one another in a great hobby. sounds like there are lots of attitudes between different drivers and what you all are driving. It should'nt be mugen this or Xray that but that there are 10 individual drivers should'nt matter what car your driving. if the race was not at the half way point then you restart doesn't make a difference who's winning or if somebody broke out. congats to you Peter Alvardo
What Billy said before your post is 100% true. There is no need to go deeper in this matter since everything that needed to be said has been said.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Speedypeterb
who is this owner of team xray drivers? big secret i guess
Tito Santiago must have really pissed Mike Swauger off, what did it he do to provoke Mike Swauger?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Bummer about the Drama / Race Issues! Really sorry for the people who worked hard to promote
this race! I’m sure it’s not an easy task to get drivers to fly in. Threatened to leave the Island in a box??
WOW! That sounds a lot more serious than being called a four letter word beginning with D…
Whomever said that must really care about how that reflects upon the views from others who would
like to join this event annually in the future. Glad Mike made it home safely as some racers, team
owners or dealers appear to take this way to seriously!

Isn’t this just remote control automobile racing? LOL

Zoby, Andy & Javier … sorry I missed hanging out with you guys! I heard it was a great time as always
for the people that did get to hang out with you and the cool crew from P.R.! Happy Holidays!

Billy, I heard you were out of control ... LOL!

T
Old 12-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

I just want to let all my new friends in P.R. know that I have only had 5 drink shots today. I am trying to stop drinking since that race without a drink but I was going through withdraws. I just could not stop in one day back home, LMAO.
Billy
Old 12-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Regular

I had a great time at this race. The track was a lot of fun to drive, the weather was great with the exception of a little rain..(which always seemed to come when my heat was up LOL). I met a lot of great people, everyone was so nice! We here in the states could learn a lot from our Puerto Rican friends. I hope to be back next year!

As for the whole drama issue, it was a disagreement between two men that is getting way to much focus on this thread! It seems like we are all watching to much reality tv theses days and blowing things out of proportion. The final outcome was unfortunate as I hate seeing people not racing but what happened happened. It is over now and whatever problem these two people have is for them to handle. Not a bunch of people on the internet that for the most part weren't there! This was a great event that everyone should be a part of and THAT is what we should be talking about.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

This is way 2 negative let's discuss. A better topic like----- TIGER WOODS
Old 12-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Tiger is reallly stupid! Whats the total up to now? 15, 16?
Old 12-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Tiger

Originally Posted by Bobby Flack
Tiger is reallly stupid! Whats the total up to now? 15, 16?

Tiger was really swinging his club huh!
Old 12-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by YLLIB
First I would like to thank Barcelonese Raceway, Edgy, Zobeida Ocasio and Andy Beaz for allowing me to participate in this wonderful race event and as a guest of theirs.

I had a time of my life with the strangest things happening in the 5 days that you can ever ask for, fun, unusual, weather and crazy things that could had happened did happen.
I will be back next year for sure with my wife Tracy to take care of me from all you crazy people, LOL.

I would like thank all my new friends that were wonderful to me and also had taken care of me throughout the week. Thanks for the memories, Zobeida, Andy, Juan and wife Ilata, Jose, Franco and family, Edgy and of course my very personal friend Mike Swauger.

I forgot about my first friend I meet when arriving in P.R. Javier. My first impression was what a nice guy, put after getting to know him more in the week, Javier was never was on time or man of his word when he promised (verbo), LMAO. No worries you are my friend still even after all the crap you put Mike and I through, LOL. I would like to thank you for all your non commit promises you had said to us. I am glad you did not surprise Mike or I with the truth of anything or I would have had a heart attack in P.R. Stay away from the paint fumes they are making you loco, LMAO.

I think it rained like 3 to 7 times a day when I was there. Everything was green I must say and the track tried quickly. The track layout was very different with 2 straight-aways like an L shape and the infield was awesome and flowing. It had to be one of the best and fun laid out infields that I have been to.

I would like to thank everybody for all the drinks they were forcing down me, LMAO, to drink so I would not get dehydrated from the humidity all day and the food was very good.

Special thanks to Mike Swauger and Mugen for sponsoring the event and helping me out all weekend.

Thank you for everything
Billy Bowerman

SpeedWorld Raceway
www.speedworldraceway.com
www.sj-rracing.com
www.sorexusa.com
Hi Billy I'amglad that you have a good time here in PR! expect my email soon!

Jose
Old 12-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by YLLIB
I might be off base by posting what I said, but I was there and it is the TRUTH. Mike will not come on this thread and post up negitivity about the race or people no matter what happen, even to defend himself. So I am stepping in because Mike does not deserve to be blasted eithier. It is very sad at times the track owners, hobby shop owners and team driver can not reply to comments more firmly when they get blasted in the wrong way because racers hold that against them and it is bad for businesness. I pretty much say what I want but some times I even have to hold back. But if I do not like you I will not go out of way and even talk to you eithier, but I we be respectful and say hello if face to face, thats respect. But I will say when I become a racer only and not a track and shop owners, I going to tell about half a dozen racers to kiss my $ss, LMAO.

Billy

Back to what a great race and , great P.R. people.
this is all about the benjimans lol.
cash is king!!!!!!!!!
big tom
THE END

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.