R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-26-2002, 01:10 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Cool Trinity Reflex NT

Hi guys, was looking for a thread on the Reflex but did not find 1 here.

Any feedback on this baby from the fortunate few who have them?? performance, parts support etc. Thanks in adance
glide 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 01:15 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Here is a link:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&threadid=1008
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 08:01 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

The non hpi nitro forum has lots of info on this car.
dan-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 11:35 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

dan-o, AMG thanx

moderator, could u please erase my original post - thanx
glide 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 04:10 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Mr MTX

Quote:
Originally posted by glide 1
dan-o, AMG thanx

moderator, could u please erase my original post - thanx
The only thing i hear bad about this car is that the diffs suck?
Mr MTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 04:49 PM   #6
Tech Elite

I think the main problems are these:

1. Plastic parts are too brittle in the main.
2. The K Factory hopups look quite nice, but are probably the least quality parts you can get. They are around the quality of GPM. The functionality of most parts are also quite questionable, however some are quite useful.
Old 03-13-2002, 04:57 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

NO NO NO

They don't suck, they leak! There are some recommended repairs for it. use the o ring from a v1r behind the out drives.

I have one and it is pretty sweet to run. almost no mods are needed. Well the mod I went with is shock ends (v1r) and front anti roll bar (kawahara v1r). Other than that It hauls the mail pretty good. couple of TQs and some 2nds with dns or 2 (Damn plugs). The TC3 looks perty but there are features I did not like. I was going to buy a v1r before this came around.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 12:58 AM   #8
Tech Apprentice

Default Binding!!

I just finished building a brand new reflex but the front end feels sticky. When I sit it flat on the ground and try to push it forward by hand it roll 2 inches! When I lift the front end and just roll the rear end on the ground it feels loose and smooth. When I lift the rear and roll the front it sticks. Is this typical of afreshly built reflex? My VoneR never had this problem. What should I do to fix this?? It looks and feels like the front diff is binding or something. Also, is it true there is no SG clutch nut yet for the reflex? I have a brand new Collari .12TR5 and refuse to cut (crank) an engine that is almost the price of the car!! Will other clutch nuts work instead?
Dookiestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 02:27 AM   #9
Tech Elite

Default Re: Binding!!

[tight stuff

. could be the side belt. or the rear diff grinding on the supports.

also with the v1r and the 4mm chassis, the car does not flex. this leaves the side belt rather tight. could have the same prob with the trinity.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 03:26 AM   #10
Tech Apprentice

Default RE Binding

I have the solid rear diff in so the binding is not there. I also took off front and side belts. It is definitely the front diff. I used 50k weight diff oil in it. can hear clicking inside of it when I rotate it. Took it apartand reset it, resealed it with gasket and parmex but it still is stiff and clicks just not as much as the first time.... what is this about??
Dookiestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 08:22 AM   #11
Tech Regular

Default Re: RE Binding

Quote:
Originally posted by Dookiestick
I have the solid rear diff in so the binding is not there. I also took off front and side belts. It is definitely the front diff. I used 50k weight diff oil in it. can hear clicking inside of it when I rotate it. Took it apartand reset it, resealed it with gasket and parmex but it still is stiff and clicks just not as much as the first time.... what is this about??
the reflex diffs are junk up grade to v 1 r diff cases
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 11:06 AM   #12
Tech Apprentice

Sound like you put the shims in. That was what drove me nuts. Trinity messed up on the measurements and they added shims. The shims are more than required. Leave them out. However when that happens the diffs will leak on the out drives. Smart Trinity smart.
In another genius move they left out the SG Nut kit that should be included in every kit. Don't cut the Collari! the reflex isn't worth it. Other SG Nuts won't work because whoever designed the clutch used 2 different size bearings and with the nut kit they include a reduction bearing with the friggen nut.

My job is because of the job costing by Trinity is cost us time and patience. I had to wait almost 2 months to get my reflex going.

Even now I am waiting on parts from distributors that Trinity says are in stock and available. My LHS is pissed at the fact that online shops have the stock, and he can't get it.

I will sell my Reflex if I continue to have the parts stream problem. I have a Yokomo that I don't have this kind of grief.
Old 03-27-2002, 11:16 AM   #13
Tech Apprentice

Oh yea! And another thing. The layshaft was designed in at angle. It forces the belt to ride on the edges of the pulleys which are increasing the friction of the drive train. This may have been done on purpose for gear ratios but the error off is like .25mm to .5mm.

Just to be picky.

BTW The car runs great even with all my belly aching.
Old 03-27-2002, 03:15 PM   #14
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Max
Oh yea! And another thing. The layshaft was designed in at angle. It forces the belt to ride on the edges of the pulleys which are increasing the friction of the drive train. This may have been done on purpose for gear ratios but the error off is like .25mm to .5mm.

Just to be picky.

BTW The car runs great even with all my belly aching.
how much did you pay for your reflex i paid 259 i feel like i got a great deal even after puting 80 bucks worth or v1r parts on it
nova racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 04:08 PM   #15
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by nova racer
how much did you pay for your reflex i paid 259 i feel like i got a great deal even after puting 80 bucks worth or v1r parts on it
You can get a V1RR with centax and good build quality for that price in Asia. If Grate Plains would not rip you off so bad on V1Rs over there the Trinity would be a non-starter.