Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Mugen MTX-3 Questions

Going to be ordering a Mugen MTX 3 and was wondering if anybody knew if there were any must have up grades that I should order now and put on the car that will either make it handle better or be stronger? No parts where I live for the MTX 3 so have to order spares and such now that way I'm not sitting on my thumbs when I beak something. So what are the most commonly broken pieces on the MTX 3 and I'll order up some spares of those as well!
Any tips or info that you guys think would help me out with the car please tell. I had a NTC3 a year ago and didn't like it. Constantly changed setup on me. Run good one lap terrible the next. Looking to get back into on-road with something fast and reliable. Just bought a NS12S3 for a $190 shipped to my door! Going to be running on a parking lot with fairly smooth 1 year old ashfault. Should I run foams or rubber tires?
Also getting the Hudy Ultimate Setup System. Do I need that car balancer that Hudy sells? Does it make a difference in handling? How about that Integy Laser car leveler, is something like that necessary for a car to handle awesome? Sorry for all the questions but I just like to have all my eggs in a basket Thanks guys, hope to hear from you soon!

Later...Richard
Old 02-06-2004, 10:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

There is already a mtx3 thread and you will find plenty of info in there.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...&goto=lastpost

Pick up some front knuckles/hubs incase but otherwise just run it stock and later on you might want to add parts like alloy hub drives,universals,teflon pads 0.8 gearing etc.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks, I saw that post, but couldn't bare myself to wade through over 300 pages! Just thought I'd post here and get some quick answers. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

No need to wade through them,just ask any questions you have in there and some of the pros like Data will help you.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Ah, I see said the wise man. I get ya now. I'll just post this question in that post. Thanks for letting me know!
Old 02-06-2004, 10:44 PM
P
Tech Initiate

I raced my MTX3 for a year and broke 2 parts..

front drive shaft and a rear A-arm............

I would stock up on all the lower arms and uprights. pillowball, hinge pins.......... and extra gears
Old 02-06-2004, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

For a small tight track with one 100 foot straight. Would you stick with stock gearing or something else?
Old 02-06-2004, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Uprights, do you mean shock towers? Are those 4mm carbon towers stronger than the stock ones? Do you know of any good places to buy aftermarket parts and replacement parts for the MTX3? How about belts, are they an issue? Those aftermarket titanium hingepins for the MTX 3, are they the way to go or just run the stock ones? Thanks.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:15 PM
P
Tech Initiate

Upright= front rear knucle...

I heard Titanium parts are a bit soft, dont know But I would just buy the regular hinge pins cheaper!!...Belts and pulleys are also good thing to have....

SPEEDtechrc.net

Ace-hobbies.com

brooklyhobbies.com
Old 02-06-2004, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

All you really need is the aluminum front swaybar mount. Stock up on Front uprights, most of the time when the front ones pop off they aren't damaged and can be pushed back on. Try not to hit, brush, slap any pipes or walls, if you do and you've got all the steering that this car has you'll pop the front upright off. I found I got to be a better driver with this car, because of this. Make sure you dial the minimum amount of steering input you can.

I LOVE my MTX3!!

Also, you'll go faster if you'll gear the car with the size tires (definitely FOAMS)...Get all the standard gears, and gear for rollout.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys. Good info!