R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-18-2009, 08:01 PM   #31
Tech Apprentice

Default G4SRTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by climbaatizept View Post
I suggest the Team Magic G4JR RTR
I already bought the G4S RTR. I love it. It's very well made, great chassis adjustments and extremly well engineered so far as I can see. It broke in easily and after some chassis adjustments it handles great. So far it's alot better than I am. I did have a battery issue that is now fixed and just tonight I replaced the stock first gears. I went to a higher ratio, more torque. The stock engine has good high end power and rpms but lower end torque is weak, so I hope my gear change will help.

I think it will be a great learning car that can be updated to be very competitive, till I'm ready for one of the pro cars, maybe a better Team Magic or the VoneRRR or the XRay car.
authorjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:55 PM   #32
Tech Regular

I was faced with this question last year when i got back into R/C. I would've went witht he G4S RTR but I came across a good deal i couldn't pass up. That said, my buddy ended up getting the kit I was supposed to buy that the shop had in stock.

It's a very good club level racecar. In his hands he was very competitive and outright dominated the novice class for our Friday Night Lights series, winning every single race.
The only shortcomings with this car that come to mind are:
-stock steering servo. Gears strip out very easy.
-receiver location. Flip your car over and look how that crystal seems so vulnerable. Also be careful refueling, Many times I've seen Rx's short out from fuel.

As far as hop ups to recommend:
- UFO centax clutch
- Kfactory alloy shocks
- hex head screws

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:52 PM   #33
Tech Apprentice

Default Thanks for the encouragement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy 707 View Post
I was faced with this question last year when i got back into R/C. I would've went witht he G4S RTR but I came across a good deal i couldn't pass up. That said, my buddy ended up getting the kit I was supposed to buy that the shop had in stock.

It's a very good club level racecar. In his hands he was very competitive and outright dominated the novice class for our Friday Night Lights series, winning every single race.
The only shortcomings with this car that come to mind are:
-stock steering servo. Gears strip out very easy.
-receiver location. Flip your car over and look how that crystal seems so vulnerable. Also be careful refueling, Many times I've seen Rx's short out from fuel.

As far as hop ups to recommend:
- UFO centax clutch
- Kfactory alloy shocks
- hex head screws
I have already worked to seal the reciever from the fuel tank. I have ordered the latest replacement upgraded gears and the latest clutch setup. What hex head screws are you referring to?

Also what would you suggest for a steering servo? I am new at 1/10 scale.

Thanks
Jim
authorjim is offline   Reply With Quote