R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   The Border Online Store (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/329169-border-online-store.html)

wmay11 09-20-2009 11:27 AM

The Border Online Store

Hi, quick one is this online store any good to deal with, any bad experiences?

Regards
Warren

Nitro-Racer* 09-20-2009 11:50 AM

i once purchased from there and no problems, only thing was that one thing was not in stock(diff oil) and found out about it when the package came in, but was send the oil after some time overall a good shop:nod:

wmay11 09-20-2009 12:18 PM

Thanks mate, there 8th circuit bodies are really well priced $13 dollars for a body, I am going to bag a good couple :nod:

Roelof 09-20-2009 12:26 PM

Be aware that maybe those bodies are not EFRA legal. If that is no problem then it is a good deal.

wmay11 09-20-2009 12:52 PM

No it does not matter, are the Lola EVO 3 2 pack bodies the lw or standard weights? Prices are really good though, do you use them Roelof?

Roelof 09-20-2009 01:35 PM

No, currently I am running the Protoform P908 and I love it.

Riketsu 09-20-2009 05:30 PM

The only problem with them is that they ship the package even if they dont have items in stock.

A REAL webshop, like Towerhobbies, RC-mushroom and others, every time a quantity was not met or an item was not in stock, they sent me an email asking instructions, on whether to cancel the order, wait for the items to be back in stock (they give you a timeframe), or just ship the package with the items in stock and a credit on those items out of stock.

"The Border" does not do that, so if you have an item that costs $2, and they did not have it. You have guessed it, spend another $15 on shipping just for that $2. Been there, done that.

Nitro-Racer* 09-21-2009 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Riketsu (Post 6370263)
The only problem with them is that they ship the package even if they dont have items in stock.

A REAL webshop, like Towerhobbies, RC-mushroom and others, every time a quantity was not met or an item was not in stock, they sent me an email asking instructions, on whether to cancel the order, wait for the items to be back in stock (they give you a timeframe), or just ship the package with the items in stock and a credit on those items out of stock.

"The Border" does not do that, so if you have an item that costs $2, and they did not have it. You have guessed it, spend another $15 on shipping just for that $2. Been there, done that.

really you had to pay for the shipping again:weird::weird::eek::eek: well i hopefully i didnt have to pay the extra shipping....:nod:

Team Kamikaze 09-21-2009 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Roelof (Post 6369646)
No, currently I am running the Protoform P908 and I love it.

Protoform P908 :confused: ? Protoform only have the P909 :rolleyes: