Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 07:44 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance72RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKESHOW86 View Post
IMO and a few others that I know, that the race info should stay in the class section. I dont want to search through pages of off-road crap, or electric onroad posts to find info on a nitro onroad race. Truth be told since you started moving everything over to the racing forum I dont even bother looking in there. I am pretty sure that I am not alone there. Keep the type of racing info with the rest of the info for that class and everyone will be much happier and you will have less work to do by not having to move posts all the time becouse people keep posting the info the class forum thinking it is the best place for that info.

Thats my 2 cents
I'm in agreeance here. I don't want to spend a forever looking through all the different stuff to find the type of racing i'm interested in. If you are going to have everything in the racing forum. Then it needs to be sub categorized for the different styles of racing like the general forums are with elec. onroad, nitro onroad, etc. etc. And if some are going to be moved then all should be moved. If it were sub categorized out it wouldn't be so bad and then maybe i'd be more likely to search through the racing forum.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:33 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have to agree with moving all of them or none of them. Why have to look in 2 different places for races? Doesn't make sense.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:53 PM   #18
Tech Adept

ok so where are they now. please let the unenlightened know please. thank you
Old 09-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I agree move one move them ALL. Look at the Electric onroad forum, what the hell is the halloween classic, sounds like a local carpet race to me not a nats or worlds race why does that one get to stay??

Then they put the "It happened again, IIC trailer thingy" up top, WTF. I'm sorry the trailer got broken into, but there's NO reason to make it a stickey in the electric forum. It should have been MOVED to the "Chat lounge" since it has nothing to do with racing.

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Old 09-16-2009, 08:59 PM   #20
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by new3 View Post
ok so where are they now. please let the unenlightened know please. thank you
In the racing forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
I agree move one move them ALL. Look at the Electric onroad forum, what the hell is the halloween classic, sounds like a local carpet race to me not a nats or worlds race why does that one get to stay??
I'm surprised it hasn't been moved yet. They already moved the northeast grandslam thread which the Halloween race is the first of.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:47 PM   #21
Suspended

How did Paris race become an international race? Whereas there are only a little more than 60 racers attending, and are mostly from California, locals from Las V egas and a few from Utah and Arizona, 1 person from France? big deal! That still doesn't count as International, never saw anybody from Hong Kong or Japan attending.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to sheeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_geeky View Post
How did Paris race become an international race? Whereas there are only a little more than 60 racers attending, and are mostly from California, locals from Las V egas and a few from Utah and Arizona, 1 person from France? big deal! That still doesn't count as International, never saw anybody from Hong Kong or Japan attending.
The Paris race has been around for 20 years. Just because attendance is down for a year doesnt mean its not important anymore. If anything it needs positive support so it can continue to be the race it has been.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #23
rjr
Tech Adept

It appears as if your race has to be in Florida to stay in the Nitro On Road section. Hmmm, the moderator who keeps moving races is from Florida.

I asked Marcos about this the other day when he first moved the Paris Memorial and Gulf Coast Grand Prix to the Racing forum.

I asked why ALL races aren't moved. The US Open Fuel Champs were then briefly moved to the Racing forum but not the Winternats. Shortly thereafter, the US Champs were moved back. Go figure.

I'm in agreement, either move ALL or move NONE. And, as previously suggested, if you move them, then categorize them so if you're interested in a particular kind of racing, you don't have to swim through the tons of other chatter there.

If the folks in charge want to make this a better forum for people, hopefully they'll listen.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #24
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheeley View Post
The Paris race has been around for 20 years. Just because attendance is down for a year doesnt mean its not important anymore. If anything it needs positive support so it can continue to be the race it has been.

Paris memorial race 20 years? He passed away less than 10 years ago, and does the proceed of this race going to his immediate family?
Old 09-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #25
rjr
Tech Adept

The Paris race started long before Ron passed away. It actually started as the PARIS/Palace Station Can Am Challenge long ago.

A memorial race doesn't HAVE to contribute the proceeds to the family. The name was changed as a tribute to Ron.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:09 PM   #26
Suspended

Well it says 9th annual Paris memorial race correct? Not 20th.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:12 PM   #27
rjr
Tech Adept

Re-read the post.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #28
rjr
Tech Adept

A little more history for "the_geeky" and everyone else.

The race name changed over the years.

- PARIS/Palace Station Can Am Challenge
- PARIS Can Am Challenge
- PARIS Fall Challenge (This happened when 1/10th Touring started becoming bigger and were included. Ron didn't want the race name to sound exclusive of the touring cars.)
- nn PARIS Memorial Race (This was done in honor of Ron in 2001. That would have been the 12th Annual PARIS Fall Challenge but the name was changed to the 1st Annual PARIS Memorial in his honor. So, Justin was right on with the 20 years.)

http://www.marcar.org/01paris.htm

The flyer showing the 12th year:
http://www.marcar.org/01parisf.htm
Old 09-17-2009, 07:06 AM   #29
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by occ View Post
Great move by the moderators!!! About time!

This is an international forum, used by many non-Americans (like me). I donít want to see USA race announcements in the Nitro On-Road thread. I agree with the moderators, it should all be in its own thread.

Nothing personal but it just clogs up the pages. I'm sure you guys don't want to see race announcements in my country in this thread.
Thanks , its easier to find races in the racing forum

I mean if you want to buy a serpent 720 or something you look in the for sale thread or do you look in the nitro onroad thread??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
+1 there's a lot of clogging up going on the threads
there is a lot of clogging up in the nitro thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
Then move all of them, not just half of them. International??? Whatever!!! Because two people not from the U.S show up to the WinterNats it makes it an international race? Rody came to the Paris race a couple of times as well as other non U.S participants. What about the U.S Roar Nats it was listed in this thread and only open to U.S. residents.

Quit being impartial and move all of them or none of them.

Clogging the thread, you have to be kidding me.

They have been listed here for ten years and this is where people look for them.
10 years?? RC tech has been around only for 9??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjr View Post
It appears as if your race has to be in Florida to stay in the Nitro On Road section. Hmmm, the moderator who keeps moving races is from Florida.

I asked Marcos about this the other day when he first moved the Paris Memorial and Gulf Coast Grand Prix to the Racing forum.

I asked why ALL races aren't moved. The US Open Fuel Champs were then briefly moved to the Racing forum but not the Winternats. Shortly thereafter, the US Champs were moved back. Go figure.

I'm in agreement, either move ALL or move NONE. And, as previously suggested, if you move them, then categorize them so if you're interested in a particular kind of racing, you don't have to swim through the tons of other chatter there.

If the folks in charge want to make this a better forum for people, hopefully they'll listen.
It has nothing to do that Im from florida , I can be in Cambodia and I will still move them. Its easier keeping the natinal and Intenational events on the main forum then everything else in the racing forum. The samething is done in the electric onroad, we keep the "big" races like the IIC and the snowbirds on the electric onroad forum, everything else in the racing forum.

Racing forum is for racing events.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:18 AM   #30
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So from now on all the Florida races will be listed in the Nitro Onroad forum and everything else will be in the racing forum?

Makes sense

9 or 10 years, wow you told me Think you got my point?

I thought the Geeky screen name was retired, guess you bring that one out on special ocassions? We all know who that is...................
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
Closed Thread