Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RS4 3 Evo+ upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Default RS4 3 Evo+ upgrades

Just recently bought an rs4 3 evo+ and I am wondering what upgrades/modifications I can make to this car. Preferably to improve handling but I'm interested in anything I can do to my new baby . Also, the easier to install, the better.

Any recommendations for me?
Old 09-13-2009, 04:16 AM
Tech Rookie

In addition two things I would absolutely love to do to the car would be to improve the turning radius and replace the 75cc fuel tank with something bigger. Are these things possible?
Old 09-13-2009, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TheWired
In addition two things I would absolutely love to do to the car would be to improve the turning radius and replace the 75cc fuel tank with something bigger. Are these things possible?

Whats wrong with the turning radius?
Old 09-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by fastharryDOTcom
Whats wrong with the turning radius?
Well there's nothing wrong with the turning radius, but I was still hoping I could tighten it up somehow.

So far I plan on installing a sway bar. Still looking into useful hopups.. Maybe some threaded shocks and fiber brake disks.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Well there's nothing wrong with the turning radius, but I was still hoping I could tighten it up somehow.

So far I plan on installing a sway bar. Still looking into useful hopups.. Maybe some threaded shocks and fiber brake disks.

Now let me ask a question...Are you trying to make the turning radius smaller?...because you can do that by adjusting the D/R on the transmitter.

Or you are trying to get more steering into the car so it corners tighter?.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (96%+)

Now let me ask a question...Are you trying to make the turning radius smaller?...because you can do that by adjusting the D/R on the transmitter.

Correct on the D/R adjustment.

To improve handling, get sway bars and a set of foam tires. Also, a nice set of threaded shocks would be nice. Take a look at the option parts for the car on HPI's website.

Here is a list of my upgrades:
-Vantage pipe
-Jaco foam tires
-Threaded aluminum shocks
-Pull start
-Racing fuel tank
-Battery pack
-Carbon fiber front tower
-Carbon fiber rear tower
-Carbon fiber upper deck
-Carbon fiber bumper plate

And here are some pictures:

Old 09-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

As far as a larger fuel tank, look into the MT2 fuel tank. It is a 100cc tank compared to the 75cc RS4 tank. The chassis layout of the MT2 is very similar to the RS4. The MT2 might be longer, which allows for the bigger tank. Just something to look into.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SerpentCT4S

To improve handling, get sway bars and a set of foam tires. Also, a nice set of threaded shocks would be nice. Take a look at the option parts for the car on HPI's website.

-Vantage pipe
-Jaco foam tires
-Pull start
-Racing fuel tank
-Battery pack
-Carbon fiber rear tower
-Carbon fiber upper deck

Your car is sweet....

I just posted up on fastharry.com my Kyosho Gp Spyder I raced in the mid 90's....

Is this car sweet also?..

http://fastharry.com/?page_id=269
Old 09-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Your car is sweet....

I just posted up on fastharry.com my Kyosho Gp Spyder I raced in the mid 90's....

Is this car sweet also?..

http://fastharry.com/?page_id=269
Thanks!
Old 09-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks!

You are welcome. Only thing I would do is wrap those wires around a screwdriver and slide the coil off and plug it into the reciever. It will look bitchin all coiled up....
Old 09-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Oh perfect I wasn't aware that I could adjust that on the transmitter.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Rookie

-Vantage pipe
-Jaco foam tires
-Pull start
-Racing fuel tank
-Battery pack
-Carbon fiber rear tower
-Carbon fiber upper deck

*images removed*
Thanks for the advice, and nice ride! I just picked up a sway bar kit today and am about to install it. I'll look into the foam tires. What's the difference between the standard fuel tank and your racing version?
Old 09-14-2009, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the advice, and nice ride! I just picked up a sway bar kit today and am about to install it. I'll look into the foam tires. What's the difference between the standard fuel tank and your racing version?

That fuel tank is a waste of money. It was a primerless design for the old racer2, and leaked at the cap. The fuel tank on your car is fine. I would probably install the carbon top deck as it lowers the battery position.And put a Ni-MH battery pack in there while you are at it, and get rid of the alkalines. I would also not use foam tires, as they will not have as much traction as rubber tires on an unswept street surface, and the car was designed (roll wise) for rubber tires.

I am going to have pics up on the site of my HPI evo stock that won the HPi Challenge. You will be surprised how stock the car is. I also have an HPI rs4/3 SS edition that needs to have a motor installed. That car is fully hopped up, you'll like it.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

That fuel tank is a waste of money. It was a primerless design for the old racer2, and leaked at the cap. The fuel tank on your car is fine. I would probably install the carbon top deck as it lowers the battery position.And put a Ni-MH battery pack in there while you are at it, and get rid of the alkalines. I would also not use foam tires, as they will not have as much traction as rubber tires on an unswept street surface, and the car was designed (roll wise) for rubber tires.

I am going to have pics up on the site of my HPI evo stock that won the HPi Challenge. You will be surprised how stock the car is. I also have an HPI rs4/3 SS edition that needs to have a motor installed. That car is fully hopped up, you'll like it.
I disagree on the fuel tank. The stock tank is terrible IMO. The nipple on the bottom of the tank is hard to reach and the fuel line is very close to the clutchbell gears. The other tank is cheap enough, get that one.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Very interested to see these Harry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.