R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #31
Tech Rookie

So would I need a recharging kit as well with those to when they die down?

(so embarrassed asking all these questions)
RoyalAirness29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAirness29 View Post
Thanks guys, Serpent, KYO, BLK....Appreciate all the insight and feedback from you guys. This is most def. a friendly board.

I honestly got a handful of questions but I'll save you guys the noob stuff for some other time, dont want to overflow you with easy typical questions.

Thanks again guys.
We were all noobs at some point... there's plenty more to learn but that is half the fun. the other half is getting it to work the way its suppposed to....

At any rate don't be affraid to ask...just try to do a few searches, in the forum, before asking, as alot of these very questions have come up in others people post/threads or forums

Last edited by Kyo83; 09-14-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Kyo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:59 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Quote:
So would I need a recharging kit as well with those to when they die down?

(so embarrassed asking all these questions)
you can buy some batteries with a wall charge but those tend to not have as long of runtime as the ones that use variable chargers

Last edited by Kyo83; 09-14-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to SerpentCT4S

Everyone was in your shoes at some point. Dont be embarrassed to ask. If you dont as, you wont learn anything.

If the RS4 is your only car and the flat battery will be the only battery you are charging, I would just buy a cheap charger for the flat pack.

I am actually going to take a few pictures now, just finished a new body!

Post some pictures of your car.
SerpentCT4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:08 PM   #35
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentCT4S View Post
Everyone was in your shoes at some point. Dont be embarrassed to ask. If you dont as, you wont learn anything.

If the RS4 is your only car and the flat battery will be the only battery you are charging, I would just buy a cheap charger for the flat pack.

I am actually going to take a few pictures now, just finished a new body!

Post some pictures of your car.

Post pics of my car? Ya right! Thing is damn near stock except for my fuel tank, I got the one you have. Plus my car is filthy, Id have to clean it before any snap shots

Speaking of cleaning..My friend says he just takes out the servos and anything electical and than sprays it down with water to clean the car. Is this basically what you guys do? How do you guys clean your cars?
RoyalAirness29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #36
Tech Regular

Quote:
Post pics of my car? Ya right! Thing is damn near stock except for my fuel tank, I got the one you have. Plus my car is filthy, Id have to clean it before any snap shots

Speaking of cleaning..My friend says he just takes out the servos and anything electical and than sprays it down with water to clean the car. Is this basically what you guys do? How do you guys clean your cars?
Heck no!.......don't listen to your friend unless he is also hand drying every inch of his car afterwards.

dousing the car with water without blow drying is bad for all you metal moving parts(think dogbones/cvd's or bearings). Instead use a can of nitro cleaner or just brush your car after every run with a 4 in. house paintbrush. If you have a heavy-duty compressor, then by all means, douse away with your favorite cleaner and blast liquids away with compressor, then oil joints afterwards
Old 09-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Quote:
fastharry, I looked on HPI's website at the HPI Challenge in NJ. They have pics, but none without a body on it. Which of those cars is yours? Got any pics?

this year is the first time I have missed a challenge series since 2009. I will have pics of my HPi Challenge winning rs4 3 up on my website in a few days..
Old 09-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #38
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyo83 View Post
Heck no!.......don't listen to your friend unless he is also hand drying every inch of his car afterwards.

dousing the car with water without blow drying is bad for all you metal moving parts(think dogbones/cvd's or bearings). Instead use a can of nitro cleaner or just brush your car after every run with a 4 in. house paintbrush. If you have a heavy-duty compressor, then by all means, douse away with your favorite cleaner and blast liquids away with compressor, then oil joints afterwards

I don't like using nitro cleaner as it discolors the plastic a lot of the times...

I spray the car with wd 40, use a basting brush or stiff bristled paint brush, and blow the car off with a compressor.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #39
Tech Regular

Quote:
I disagree on the fuel tank. The stock tank is terrible IMO. The nipple on the bottom of the tank is hard to reach and the fuel line is very close to the clutchbell gears. The other tank is cheap enough, get that one.

I agree with those points also. I tied the fuel like so it doesn't run, and pop the tank off to get to the fuel line nip underneath. With a new piece of quality fuel like, I have never had the line pop off....

I like having the primer button and a non leaking cap....
Old 09-14-2009, 04:20 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Royal, I use a compressor to blow everything off.

fastharry, I never had any problems with the cap of my tank leaking.
SerpentCT4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:27 PM   #41
Tech Regular

Quote:
Royal, I use a compressor to blow everything off.

fastharry, I never had any problems with the cap of my tank leaking.

thay may have finally switched to a new style gasket. My tanks used an oring instead of a "mat" style, and they were horrible....
Old 09-15-2009, 03:25 AM   #42
Tech Rookie

Quote:
As far as a larger fuel tank, look into the MT2 fuel tank. It is a 100cc tank compared to the 75cc RS4 tank. The chassis layout of the MT2 is very similar to the RS4. The MT2 might be longer, which allows for the bigger tank. Just something to look into.
Been trying to find information on this fuel tank. Anyone have any idea as to whether or not this tank would fit?
Old 09-16-2009, 06:08 AM   #43
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastharryDOTcom View Post
this year is the first time I have missed a challenge series since 2009. I will have pics of my HPi Challenge winning rs4 3 up on my website in a few days..

Fastharry, I miss the challenge races. They were always fun events. But as you can see, I can't seem to stop painting

C0NTENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:10 AM   #44
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

SerpentCT4S,

Your car looks SWEET!
C0NTENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:19 AM   #45
Tech Elite

Quote: