R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #16
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Yes I know.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:24 AM   #17
Tech Addict
 
gary47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SE WI
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to gary47
Default TOLEDO NATS

Maybe ROAR can show me why the entry fee for these races are getting out of hand. $80.00 dollars per class is insane for a pleausre sport where most racer dont recive any thing and lay out $1000.00 to attend if not more. PLease justify the cost ?
gary47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:47 AM   #18
Tech Master
 
JFCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Cincinnati Area
Posts: 1,024
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

I got a beer mug.
__________________
* www.tsrcar.com * John's BSR Racing Tires * Serpent America * BOCA Bearings *
JFCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #19
rjr
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary47 View Post
Maybe ROAR can show me why the entry fee for these races are getting out of hand. $80.00 dollars per class is insane for a pleausre sport where most racer dont recive any thing and lay out $1000.00 to attend if not more. PLease justify the cost ?
I'll let someone from ROAR update you regarding the use of entry fees but, I would imagine a lot of that money is used for things like trophies, accomodations for the RMT so you have a consistently run Nats program, etc.

But, a few questions.

1) Why would you shell out $1000 for a pleasure sport where most racers don't receive anything?

2) Why, if you're willing to shell out $1000, would you complain about an $80 entry fee? The entry fee (and also a ROAR membership) are probably the cheapest things you'll pay for regarding your racing.

3) What did you get for your $1000?
Whatever you got out of your $1000, that's what you got for your $80.

4) How many days were you there? If you were there only 4 days, that equates to $20 a day. You can't hit golf balls all day for $20.
rjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:24 PM   #20
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,276
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjr View Post
I'll let someone from ROAR update you regarding the use of entry fees but, I would imagine a lot of that money is used for things like trophies, accomodations for the RMT so you have a consistently run Nats program, etc.

But, a few questions.

1) Why would you shell out $1000 for a pleasure sport where most racers don't receive anything?

2) Why, if you're willing to shell out $1000, would you complain about an $80 entry fee? The entry fee (and also a ROAR membership) are probably the cheapest things you'll pay for regarding your racing.

3) What did you get for your $1000?
Whatever you got out of your $1000, that's what you got for your $80.

4) How many days were you there? If you were there only 4 days, that equates to $20 a day. You can't hit golf balls all day for $20.
These are always the complaints when anybody brings up why something costs an insane amount of money :P Just because you have X invested doesn't mean that you need to spend Y because X is already spent and Y is nothing compared to X so pay up.

I would like to see a split 8th scale and 10th scale nationals, so I can attend both and run both properly. Split, I think this year we could have done better than 100 cars in each class at two different times of the year.

The plaque I received was nice, and the beer mug is probably the best momento from a race I have received to date. The rounded glass trophies from 2005 electric nats were cool too though.
__________________
Support those that support us

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #21
rjr
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bosley View Post
These are always the complaints when anybody brings up why something costs an insane amount of money :P Just because you have X invested doesn't mean that you need to spend Y because X is already spent and Y is nothing compared to X so pay up.

The plaque I received was nice, and the beer mug is probably the best momento from a race I have received to date. The rounded glass trophies from 2005 electric nats were cool too though.
And why is it that the first thing racers complain about is the entry fee or ROAR membership fee when they are perfectly happy to spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on everything else?

If you can't afford $80 for an entry fee, you can't afford the sport.
rjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:02 AM   #22
Tech Addict
 
gary47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SE WI
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to gary47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary47 View Post
Maybe ROAR can show me why the entry fee for these races are getting out of hand. $80.00 dollars per class is insane for a pleausre sport where most racer dont recive any thing and lay out $1000.00 to attend if not more. PLease justify the cost ?
I was asking ROARS break down as why the cost is 80.00 when most other events are in 40-60 range are we paying for the roar staff ect not if i can afford it or not thats my bussiness and no ones else understand
__________________
Gary Andersen/ GFA RACING/WRC/NOVA ROSSI
gary47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:58 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chico, Ca
Posts: 810
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary47 View Post
Maybe ROAR can show me why the entry fee for these races are getting out of hand. $80.00 dollars per class is insane for a pleausre sport where most racer dont recive any thing and lay out $1000.00 to attend if not more. PLease justify the cost ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjr View Post
I'll let someone from ROAR update you regarding the use of entry fees but, I would imagine a lot of that money is used for things like trophies, accomodations for the RMT so you have a consistently run Nats program, etc.

But, a few questions.

1) Why would you shell out $1000 for a pleasure sport where most racers don't receive anything?

2) Why, if you're willing to shell out $1000, would you complain about an $80 entry fee? The entry fee (and also a ROAR membership) are probably the cheapest things you'll pay for regarding your racing.

3) What did you get for your $1000?
Whatever you got out of your $1000, that's what you got for your $80.

4) How many days were you there? If you were there only 4 days, that equates to $20 a day. You can't hit golf balls all day for $20.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjr View Post
And why is it that the first thing racers complain about is the entry fee or ROAR membership fee when they are perfectly happy to spend hundreds/thousands of dollars on everything else?

If you can't afford $80 for an entry fee, you can't afford the sport.
Why is an $80 entry fee insane? It's $20 more than what you say everyone else charges. If you go to a ROAR RMT your going to a race that's 4 days long, ran by professionals with years of experience running events such as this. Must of us pay $20 - $30 for club racing for one day, this is 4 days of racing. As was stated earlier you can't play 4 days of golf for $80. Going to the movies with your family of 4 will cost you upwards of $80 after you pay for tickets, soda, popcorn and a hot dog. I still can't get over the fact that racers will spend $1000's of dollars to go to and get to a big race, hundreds on tires, batteries, motors, fuel, parts and even paying a professional to paint a body. Yet that $80 entry fee is the least expensive part of your overall cost and people will sweat the $20 they feel they're being over charged

As far as a complete breakdown to the penny I don't have that info, but I can tell you what the $80 entry fee is spent on, please excuse me if I leave anything out..

1. RMT Staff of 4 professionals to run ROAR Nationals consistently and fairly. This is travel and lodging.

2. Awards. All awards for ROAR RMT Nationals are provided by ROAR. And I must say I really feel these are some of the nicest awards of ANY big race.

3. Host compensation. ROAR RMT Nationals hosts are paid by ROAR from entry funds for hosting of an RMT National. See the ROAR RMT Nationals Guideline for a complete fee payment schedule.

4. Equipment and equipment shipping fees. RMT has it's own complete scoring system with redundant backup, tech equipment, car numbers and misc. These require shipping, upkeep and maintenance.

Hope this was what you were looking for. Happy racing
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:40 AM   #24
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurcr View Post
Why is an $80 entry fee insane? It's $20 more than what you say everyone else charges. If you go to a ROAR RMT your going to a race that's 4 days long, ran by professionals with years of experience running events such as this. Must of us pay $20 - $30 for club racing for one day, this is 4 days of racing. As was stated earlier you can't play 4 days of golf for $80. Going to the movies with your family of 4 will cost you upwards of $80 after you pay for tickets, soda, popcorn and a hot dog. I still can't get over the fact that racers will spend $1000's of dollars to go to and get to a big race, hundreds on tires, batteries, motors, fuel, parts and even paying a professional to paint a body. Yet that $80 entry fee is the least expensive part of your overall cost and people will sweat the $20 they feel they're being over charged

As far as a complete breakdown to the penny I don't have that info, but I can tell you what the $80 entry fee is spent on, please excuse me if I leave anything out..

1. RMT Staff of 4 professionals to run ROAR Nationals consistently and fairly. This is travel and lodging.

2. Awards. All awards for ROAR RMT Nationals are provided by ROAR. And I must say I really feel these are some of the nicest awards of ANY big race.

3. Host compensation. ROAR RMT Nationals hosts are paid by ROAR from entry funds for hosting of an RMT National. See the ROAR RMT Nationals Guideline for a complete fee payment schedule.


4. Equipment and equipment shipping fees. RMT has it's own complete scoring system with redundant backup, tech equipment, car numbers and misc. These require shipping, upkeep and maintenance.

Hope this was what you were looking for. Happy racing
The only professional RMT staff is the group from Fort Myers headed by Jim Rice, this past event's RMT including the off roader director suck! Keep on changing rules, that's why I like the famous words from Jim Rice which is " Rules are Rules they don't change"
the_geeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:10 AM   #25
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,455
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Some of you guys really amaze me!!! You spend hundreds of dollars to travel to a race like this, hundreds of dollars for food and lodging, hundreds more on supplies (tires, glow plugs, extra parts, etc), and you want to split hairs over an $80 entry fee!?! I guess some of you feel that the folks that host these events don't need to be compensated for their time and efforts. I guess some of you feel that the awards that you receive for placing was donated out of the goodness of the trophy makers' heart. I guess some of you feel that the ROAR reps don't need compensation for their time and travel to these events (many of the ROAR folks have jobs outside of this sport and need to make arrangements accordingly). The last time I checked, no one held a gun to your head (the ones that are complaining) and forced you to attend any of these events.

Schurcr, thank you for some insight to the cost breakdown but it was not really necessary. Many of these guys don't understand that it costs money to put on these events. Even the prizes given/raffled off is a cost to the sponsors for advertising at these events.

Please, stop the griping and complaining and do your part to promote the sport/hobby. Like Schurcr said, you can't play a round of golf or take your family on an outing somewhere on $80. Some of you will pay outrageous monies for PSLs for sporting events but gripe about an $80 entry fee. Heck, at least many of you got a chance to attend while some of us that wanted to be there could not for various reasons. To be around the top drivers in the US, maybe pick up some pointers from them and make some contacts (network), and have the experience of attending a Nationals, I think the $80 is worth it.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:24 AM   #26
Tech Master
 
Orange's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_geeky View Post
The only professional RMT staff is the group from Fort Myers headed by Jim Rice, this past event's RMT including the off roader director suck! Keep on changing rules, that's why I like the famous words from Jim Rice which is " Rules are Rules they don't change"
What rules got changed?
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #27
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_geeky View Post
The only professional RMT staff is the group from Fort Myers headed by Jim Rice, this past event's RMT including the off roader director suck! Keep on changing rules, that's why I like the famous words from Jim Rice which is " Rules are Rules they don't change"

Again?

Jim Rice is a fantastic race director and he was unavailable for this event. ROAR brought in an excellent team to manage this event and maybe you didn't like some decisions made but your comments are inappropriate, rude and demeaning. Decisions are made at events that are best for the event. I have every FAITH that our RMT staff did exactly that. What is you real name since I only see your handle here?

Now, about the fees.... if you cannot affor $80.00 to attend a national championship event, then I think maybe you shouldn't. These events are not like some other large event with the same prestige and to be quite honest, $80.00 is a smokin deal for what ROAR does provide to the racer and the thousands paid to the host for rental fees.

I would hope this kind of chatter would stop ... its simply not fair to those who are being complained about for the jobs they did and continually that ROAR has every faith in.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #28
rjr
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_geeky View Post
The only professional RMT staff is the group from Fort Myers headed by Jim Rice, this past event's RMT including the off roader director suck! Keep on changing rules, that's why I like the famous words from Jim Rice which is " Rules are Rules they don't change"
You again? Don't you EVER have anything positive to say?

So, you're saying that at every race you've attended, except for the Winternats, the race management team has sucked?

Well, I can understand why you would hide behind your screen name then. I'm sure the folks who put on all these other races wouldn't be too happy with you. Are all the races put on at Crystal Park included?

And, actually, Jimmy did a fine job at the Nats. It's obvious that you've never actually ran a race.
rjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #29
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez
Default

oh..... use your name for real next time..

everybody knows who Geeky is......
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:47 PM   #30
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,202
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
oh..... use your name for real next time..

everybody knows who Geeky is......
i know he is gone and the person that created may be banned too
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/12 forum ovalnator Electric On-Road 46185 Today 11:05 AM
CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks John Stranahan Electric On-Road 1776 03-01-2016 01:18 PM
Over Geared Racing Summer Action chrisman Canadian R/C Scene 795 08-26-2004 07:42 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:13 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net