Community
Wiki Posts
Search

shumacher fusion gear problem??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Default shumacher fusion gear problem??

hi i have just started getting problems where the the wheels just get stuck and the wheels move but the gears just stay still and dont move

Someone help me please
Old 08-31-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Fusion

Originally Posted by hypergpx4
hi i have just started getting problems where the the wheels just get stuck and the wheels move but the gears just stay still and dont move

Someone help me please
Please explain, you say the wheels are stuck, and then you say the wheels move??
Explain exactly what is working and not working
Old 08-31-2009, 10:30 AM
Tech Rookie

the wheels move for a bit but then get stuck and i have to force it forward to get it working again
Old 08-31-2009, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Fusion

Originally Posted by hypergpx4
the wheels move for a bit but then get stuck and i have to force it forward to get it working again

Fisrt check your drag brake. It is the long rod from the servo to the brake lever. Make sure there is not drag brake holding the car. Back off the small nut at the end of the rod.
If this does not help, back off the brake pads themselves. Most cars have a hole through the sides of the rear bulkhead so the brakes are able to be adjusted.<drivers side of the rear bulkhead>
If this still does not help, it could be in the clutch, or the one way on the rear shaft.
Remove the engine, and see if the chassis is now free to roll. If it is, then it is the clutch, or the clutch bell, or clutch bell bearings. While the clutch bell is off, check the flywheel nut after you remove the clutch. If this was not tightened all the way, they can back off.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks alot
Old 08-31-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

Before you do any of that. Its a belt drive car. And it's very easy to get little stones and dirt in the belt and pulleys. I think you need to clean the junk out of the belt.