R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default hi newbe and need help

just to say hi and ask if any one can help out with the best way to ture a kyosho pureten alpha gp 3
thanks
ashcossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashcossie View Post
just to say hi and ask if any one can help out with the best way to ture a kyosho pureten alpha gp 3
thanks
to tune?! u want to breakin the engine with one tank of fuel... then after that you would go no past 1/3 throttle for the 2nd tank! 3rd or so tank you want to lean out the high end needle about 1/8 of a turn (clock wise) see how your car runs, keep on turning it 1/8 until u see its performance increase, as towards the last 1/8 turn the car would start to jerk as you throttle STOP you went too far now u want to richen the needle back 1/8 of turn (counter clock wise)! it is bad to have your engine too lean it will damage it! too rich is okok and wont damage your engine but would affect it's performance, the low end needle is for fine tuneing you wont need to really mess around with this, you can if you want to, and it works as the same process as above!

Please correct me if i am wrong but i believe this is how!
LAM3SAUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:19 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well its not all wrong...just not clear enough for the noobs

Also, you mentioned nothing about engine temps and the stuff you said about low speed needle is incorect. I suggest you both have a look at the Break-in Bible and the Tunning Bible. I don't know why the Admins have not pinned them on the Nitro On-road forum, as well as, the Off-road.

This should help you get a better understaning of not only "how to adjust", but what the different needles on the carburator do, as well.

Last edited by Kyo83; 09-22-2009 at 07:40 AM. Reason: typos
Kyo83 is offline   Reply With Quote