Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need some tuning advice i think im correct

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default need some tuning advice i think im correct

ok here is me issue. I used the HPI video as a reference and i followed it to a T they said start with HSN and tune it till you No longer see a performance increase wich ive done. then they said you do the same for the LSN. so right now i got some awesome Throttle and some blue Smoke. everything seems ok to me and to me runs awesome but my temps are a bit different then what i was told not to go over

i was told not to go over 280 but my problem is this.

1. When my body is off the temps are around 230 but with the body on and with WOT it shoots up to betweeb 260 and 291. Today it was at 291.
2. how do you know if your Idle is 2 high basicly i set my idle to the point where if i go any lower the engine will cut off so its just at the shut off point but will stay running.

Ive cut some major air holes in the body basicly ruining it and it doesnt seem to do anything to keep it any cooler.

Settings on car right now:
HSN: Tuned Perfectly
LSN: Settings are still stock as the video said. The video said the 3.0 runs great with stock settings so dont touch it.
Idle: I got it set to if i go any lower the car will shut off.

im worried about the High temps when the body is on. How can i get this thing cooler. ive replaced all the Fuel lines today and made sure there was not any air leaks everything seems ok.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:18 AM
Tech Addict

rich yr HSN about 5mins and try again...
Old 08-26-2009, 02:34 AM
Tech Rookie

I had simmilar problems I simply cut bigger holes for airflow and i richen my hsn 1/12
Old 08-26-2009, 04:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

k ill give that a shot. i know that my temps go wild once i put the body on the car but once its off the car its perfect anywhere from 220 to 240.

this was an rtr rs4 3 evo+ and when i got the body they had almost no holes cut in it.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok...but you didn't tell us what engine, glowplug or fuel you are using....as they all can make a difference.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

regarding your questions,
1, i have the same problem at the beginning stages of this hobby too.
never install the body when tuning HSN, air flow through the engine is not the same. when u got it constant 230, another 3~5mins richer on HSN would do

make sure u have enough ventilation holes cut especially front and rear. side window is an added bonus during cornering.

2, i think u better leave the idle that way since u dont mention any problem.
on any day, if your engine starts within 2 kicks without u pressing the throttle, its a good idle and LSN setting. try pinch testing before and after u tune it, its a good guideline to start it off with.

hope this helps
Old 08-27-2009, 02:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Yeah air flow is pretty important. My mates car, while he was tuning the lsn had the cover on when he ran around the track, it only had 1 or 2" holes back and front his engine was running red hot. But also he was running only half throttle during the run-in stage if not less turns out the lsn was lean wich also contributes. I think'