R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-05-2009, 11:37 PM   #61
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedypeterb View Post
yeah wayne when are you going to run again, the last time I saw you out you had to hire a mechanic to fix that snake. I still can't believe you sold your Kyosho, I'll order you one and keep it on the side for you my prodacle son hey wayne you coming to ohio tomorrow to pit for me need my pit man to bump to the a-main call you tomorrow
Sure Peter i'll be there first thing in the morning
p1pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid
Default How does practice and qualifying work?

With the racing being scheduled from Feb 8th to 13th, what days will be practice and what days will qualifying start? Also, what time does qualifying start and how long (how many rounds per day) does it go on?

I'm trying to make my way there in 2010. Never been and I really want to come down and experience it. Just trying to plan, any info right now would be great.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:02 PM   #63
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
With the racing being scheduled from Feb 8th to 13th, what days will be practice and what days will qualifying start? Also, what time does qualifying start and how long (how many rounds per day) does it go on?

I'm trying to make my way there in 2010. Never been and I really want to come down and experience it. Just trying to plan, any info right now would be great.
Dorin, whats up bro. I'm planning on going to this one, also. It's a great race and a well orginazed event. The weather is also the good too, at that time. I went last year. It will give you a international atmospere because drivers from other countries attend this one. This is how it goes.

Normally, the 7,8 are practice days. 9,10,11 will be qual days with 2 per day. 12, 13 the mains. Anyone, Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Matrix Tires
SRC
blount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #64
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blount View Post
Dorin, whats up bro. I'm planning on going to this one, also. It's a great race and a well orginazed event. The weather is also the good too, at that time. I went last year. It will give you a international atmospere because drivers from other countries attend this one. This is how it goes.

Normally, the 7,8 are practice days. 9,10,11 will be qual days with 2 per day. 12, 13 the mains. Anyone, Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Chay what's good? Thanks for the info, trying to get out to the tracks like we talked about. Wife already cool with the ideal of me going, so i just gotta make it happen. She normally travels with me, I just gotta teach her how to pit.

You gonna make it back up to BD this season? BTW, how was your run at the Nats?
Old 09-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #65
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
Chay what's good? Thanks for the info, trying to get out to the tracks like we talked about. Wife already cool with the ideal of me going, so i just gotta make it happen. She normally travels with me, I just gotta teach her how to pit.

You gonna make it back up to BD this season? BTW, how was your run at the Nats?
Thats good you definitly want to make it out to this track. It's one of a kind. The Nats was real good. Competition was real high this year, allot of fast guys.
Matrix Tires
SRC
blount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #66
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougday View Post
I have not spent Valentines with my wife in the last 11 years.
Blame it on Jim
Hay Doug
blame me for that too!!!!!!!!!!!
it,s ok looking forward to seeing and racing with you again

see ya soon
FORT MYERS R/C CAR CLUB MEMBER 1983-2017--FLORIDA WINTERNATS 1988-2017
jrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:23 AM   #67
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ARE THE SIGN UP SHEETS OUT YET FOR 2010 NATS IF SO ANYONE HAVE THE LINK THANKS
ralphierace13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:40 PM   #68
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphierace13 View Post
ARE THE SIGN UP SHEETS OUT YET FOR 2010 NATS IF SO ANYONE HAVE THE LINK THANKS

I will have it out in a few weeks.
FORT MYERS R/C CAR CLUB MEMBER 1983-2017--FLORIDA WINTERNATS 1988-2017
jrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:37 AM   #69
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hello guys,

Its Ali again, i have few questions about the track/ tire supply/ hotels.

1- what do you guys spray for traction?
2- whats the weather like in February?
3- what tires can i buy from shops around the track, if i make it, i dont want to bring with me tires, they take alot of space and weight. i'm limited at 30KGs........ i run GQ tires but i dont think any HS has them in Florida, any Twister tires dealer around??
4- where is the best place to stay in?? close to the track, not very expensive and where most drivers stay in?
5- how early do i have to book a room?

thanks alot.

Ali
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #70
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
hello guys,

Its Ali again, i have few questions about the track/ tire supply/ hotels.

1- what do you guys spray for traction?
2- whats the weather like in February?
3- what tires can i buy from shops around the track, if i make it, i dont want to bring with me tires, they take alot of space and weight. i'm limited at 30KGs........ i run GQ tires but i dont think any HS has them in Florida, any Twister tires dealer around??
4- where is the best place to stay in?? close to the track, not very expensive and where most drivers stay in?
5- how early do i have to book a room?

thanks alot.
Ali

1. They use something similar to GLC and Kissimmee. Not sure what it is, but traction was insane last year.
2. Typically very nice. Upper 70's. It seems every year there is one day that it is supper cold, so bring at least one sweater.
3. Twister is local and will be at the event. The only thing is you must pre-order your tires. Sometimes there are some for sale, but not always.
4. Not sure about this. There is a strip of motels about 20 minutes from the track that most drivers stay at, but you will have to wait for the flyer for that.
5. typically very early. There are a lot of racers and the rooms fill quickly.

Hope this helps,

DJ Apolaro
Old 09-20-2009, 08:38 AM   #71
Tech Master

Hey DJ,

thanks alot for the answer, it does help what's GLC?? am askin about the compound coz i manage all the onroad racing here in Kuwait, we use water/suger or 7up :P its great bang for the buck but doesnt give constant grip. same amount, same mix, same sprayer = not the same grip level.

upper 70s sounds great

about the tires, its a bit hard to preorder since i dont know what shores to get and how many sets i will need if you see what am saying.
what do you think?? best shores to get and roughly how many sets??
i checked many set-up sheets on the net and saw that most of the guys used: or
38FL 35FR 35FL 35FR
40RL 38RR 38RL 38RR

ill leave the hotel/motel reservation after i get my Visa and flight ticket.

thanks again DJ

Ali
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
Old 09-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #72
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hey DJ,

thanks alot for the answer, it does help what's GLC?? am askin about the compound coz i manage all the onroad racing here in Kuwait, we use water/suger or 7up :P its great bang for the buck but doesnt give constant grip. same amount, same mix, same sprayer = not the same grip level.

upper 70s sounds great

about the tires, its a bit hard to preorder since i dont know what shores to get and how many sets i will need if you see what am saying.
38FL 35FR 35FL 35FR
40RL 38RR 38RL 38RR

thanks again DJ

Ali
I think the most common fronts are 37 and 40 and rears are 40 and 42. As for how many sets, that is hard. Depends on how you true them and how much you practice. There are 6 quals. and 2 days of a lot of practice. I think you need one sets for each qual, especially if traction is crazy high, but you can also run one set twice if you true them bigger. Say 4 to 5 sets for the quals and another 5 sets for practise and then for the mains you also need 2-3 sets just in case. I would play it safe and get 15 sets total. Then just think of the shores you want.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
Old 09-20-2009, 11:28 PM   #73
Tech Master

Hi DJ,

thanks alot for all your answers and help

ill have to think about the shores and see what i should get. i normally true them at 61Rear and 59Fronts for Quals and even 15 minutes sub finals. and i true them at 63R/61F for 45minutes amains.

if i preorder from twister tires, can i get them delivered to the track?

i run Blitz stratus body and some times their new Altis 2.3, i prefer the Stratus but for the Ft Myers track, i think the Altis 2.3 is a better choice. what do you think?

if i get few days earlier, lets say the 5th or 6th, will the track be open for practice or do we have to wait untill the 8th?

cheers

Ali
Old 09-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #74
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hi DJ,

thanks alot for all your answers and help

ill have to think about the shores and see what i should get. i normally true them at 61Rear and 59Fronts for Quals and even 15 minutes sub finals. and i true them at 63R/61F for 45minutes amains.

if i preorder from twister tires, can i get them delivered to the track?

i run Blitz stratus body and some times their new Altis 2.3, i prefer the Stratus but for the Ft Myers track, i think the Altis 2.3 is a better choice. what do you think?

if i get few days earlier, lets say the 5th or 6th, will the track be open for practice or do we have to wait untill the 8th?

cheers

Ali
Yes, if you pre-order tires from twistertiresusa.com, Kevin will bring them to the track. Just give him a reminder a few days before. The Altis and stratus are both good bodies for that track. As for days on the track, you need to contact Jim rice for that info. From what I know you can go from that Sunday (Feb 7) to start running, however check with Jim Rice about that info.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
Old 09-21-2009, 08:10 AM   #75
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hey DJ,

upper 70s sounds great

38FL 35FR 35FL 35FR
40RL 38RR 38RL 38RR

thanks again DJ

Ali
Ali,

I could be wrong, but I think you got those tire shores from the xray site

If I make it, and I'm really trying, I would go with whatever Burch ran, 35F's and maybe 38's or 40's rear. I've been to a few track and he's pretty spot on with his tire choices. Normally if he's running a 40, I'll run a 38 because I don't drive as good as he does and I need a more stable rear end.