Old 02-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #526
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrice View Post
I would like to thank all the racers that braved the cold and rain this week
to come race with us.

We know you have a lot of races that you can attend ,thanks for racing with us.

I would like to THANK all our GREAT SPONSORS

MUGEN USA

EDS TOOLS

SKY ROCKET RACING

EDAM RACING

BYRON,S GEN-2 FUELS

MICO RACING

TWISTER-ATS TIRES

BOCA BEARINGS

I would also like to thank the RED CUP RACING CREW for all there hard work
to make this race happen each year.
we will be repaving this year,so get ready for even better traction and tire wear next year.

We will be making the race shorter next year and try the get away from the
holiday, more on this later.

Tony and I will see you all at the ROAR ON-ROAD FUEL NATS in June

Thanks to Mike for all his help and Harry for the Great pit work for Tony

see ya soon

Jim
Jim, thank you and to all the Ft Myers crew. Its a pleasure to come there to race. It really is. The girls and I had a great time.

JEFF
Old 02-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #527
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well I had a day to relax and got back to work today.

I would like to thank everyone who came to this race. I hope everyone had a good time.

I cannot express how much Jim Sowa did for me this past week. He gave up a week of work to be my pit man and mechanic. He gave me the best car I have ever had to drive. I had my best qualifing run and finished all of my qualifiers and main. Next stop Jim is Kissimmee!

I also want to thank Jim Rice for letting me do something I really enjoy and that is calling the races. It is not an easy job but I do enjoy it and try to provide the best entertainment for everyone on line.

Thanks to my fellow Red Cup team members for there help: It starts with our leader Jim, Then our crew Tony, Julian, Chris, Karla, Bill and Richard. Thanks for checking with me during the racing. I also cannot forget the person who paints my bodies Shane!

Special thanks to Billy D for the help on Saturday. And the pep talk on Thursday! A BIG THANK YOU to Ted Hammer and the rest who helped us Friday when the wind storm came in. Not sure how many tarps we lost but everyones help was very appreciated.

The racing was awesome:

In the sedan A-main Chris Tosolini proved that the race is not won in the first 2 or 3 laps. It's a 45 minute race and he kept his cool and drove an excellent race and deserved the victory.

In the Master's A-main Randy Colvin basically did the same thing. He stayed out of trouble and just kept making laps.

But the best race had to be the first 25 minutes of the 1/8th Open A-main. Mike Swauger and Paolo Morganti gave us some of the best 1/8th scale racing I have every seen. These 2 were nose to tail for most of the begining. These 2 showed us why they are 2 of the best in the world. Thanks to both of you for the show.

So Congrats to the 3 Winners:

Sedan Chris Tosolini
Masters Randy Colvin
1/8th Open Mike Swauger

Congrats to Loren Whiting for wining the C-main and bumping up to the B-main. Watch out for her gentleman she is not to be taken for granted she drove excellent in both mains. Watch out for her sister Emily. Next year I think she will also be a force. And to there father Jeff. Outstanding job for the first time with the 1/8th scale. Qualifying for the A-main in Masters. Now throw the touring car away.

By the way a local racer making her first apperance at a big race. Her name is Donna Garcia. She finished her 30 minute main. This was the longest time she had ever run. Congrats Donna!

Hope I did not forget anyone. Really need to thank everyone also for the nice comments. We try real hard to make sure everyone has a good time when they come to the Civic Center.

Till the next race,

Dave
Old 02-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #528
Tech Elite

Just wanted to say thanks to the entire Fort Myers crew for running another good event. I am glad to hear that next year will be shorter. Thanks to all my sponsors and to Ronnie and Chris for all the pit work all week.

The sedan race was pretty intense. My 1/8 scale race was over before it started. I had to push the entire Sedan race after having my sterring linkage come off on the first lap. Lost about 3 laps and had to push from that point on. Made for a great time and made me push till the end.

Congrats to the winners (Chris, Randy and Mike)

Till next time,

DJ Apolaro
Old 02-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #529
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Here is the equiptment list for the A Main drivers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Equiptment.pdf (195.5 KB, 771 views)
Old 02-15-2010, 06:10 PM   #530
Tech Initiate

I just wanted to thank everyone for making it such a great week long event. It was our first Winter Nats event and Dru and I will definitely be there for the next one.

Special thanks to Kevin and Mark H for pitting for me in my qualifiers and Vince and Julian for excellent pitting in my main (I know you guys got quite a work-out And (Speedy) Peter B...for the Kyosho expertise that really helped me before my main, I couldn't have done it without you guys.

Thank you Dru for the mechanic skills ..... hopefully by next season i'll be much better at that, and you'll have more time to work on your car

Dave Larry, thanks for all your help and support and the kind words.

It was great to see several girls out at the event, I can see it will be a lot of fun in the future.

See you all at the next race.....
Donna Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #531
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default ladies

Hats off to the 4 women that raced this last week, it was great to see their talent. I tried to get my two daughters into it with no avail. Keep up the great work girls Peter B.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:00 PM   #532
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Garcia View Post
What a great week- from day one.
Thank you Jorge Martinez for all of your help from Sunday - Saturday. Everything you teach me about our RRR's every time is always appreciated.
Peter B- your knowledge about the RRR is priceless and all your help with Donna's car is what helped her do well in her main. Next time I'll have you look at my car as well, this way I may be able to catchup to the girl for a change.

We've made lots of new friends and can't wait til next year.
Thank you Maxi, Mark Harrison, Dennison, Tory and everyone else that helped us, plus every single track crew member.
Anytime Dru see ya @ the next state race
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:16 PM   #533
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to walo

Wow, now that was some race. This was my first major event out of state and I had a good time eventhough I didn't perform very well. To sum it up my trip went like this, $184 round trip on Jet blue, $174 on a Buget rent-a-car, $264 on hotel fees and about $400+ in parts and food. Going down the straight-a-way that's not straight 40mph+ into the boards, PRICELESS.I really enjoyed myself. Special thanks to Pooh with the clutch tune, Tosso with the motor tune, Tory from Sky Rocket racing with tech support on those batteries and Richard for being so funny, Paulie B, George Martinez, Paul S. and Pedro, the Control Freakz family and the entire Fort Myers race club, also Mike Swagger, Brett from Team C and Jerry with all those Shepherd parts. I'll see you guys on the next year.
walo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #534
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walo View Post
Wow, now that was some race. This was my first major event out of state and I had a good time eventhough I didn't perform very well. To sum it up my trip went like this, $184 round trip on Jet blue, $174 on a Buget rent-a-car, $264 on hotel fees and about $400+ in parts and food. Going down the straight-a-way that's not straight 40mph+ into the boards, PRICELESS.I really enjoyed myself. Special thanks to Pooh with the clutch tune, Tosso with the motor tune, Tory from Sky Rocket racing with tech support on those batteries and Richard for being so funny, Paulie B, George Martinez, Paul S. and Pedro, the Control Freakz family and the entire Fort Myers race club, also Mike Swagger, Brett from Team C and Jerry with all those Shepherd parts. I'll see you guys on the next year.
Walo try to make it out to Florida more than once a year when ya get the itch
you can check out the Florida state series www.forgass.com for race dates
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:31 PM   #535
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just got the report from our web site guy

over 5000 people from 70 countries logged on to our "live scoring" for the week.

that makes it worth the time and cost
FORT MYERS R/C CAR CLUB MEMBER 1983-2017--FLORIDA WINTERNATS 1988-2017
jrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:57 PM   #536
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to the entire Fort Myers crew for running another good event. I am glad to hear that next year will be shorter. Thanks to all my sponsors and to Ronnie and Chris for all the pit work all week.

The sedan race was pretty intense. My 1/8 scale race was over before it started. I had to push the entire Sedan race after having my sterring linkage come off on the first lap. Lost about 3 laps and had to push from that point on. Made for a great time and made me push till the end.

Congrats to the winners (Chris, Randy and Mike)

Till next time,

DJ Apolaro
dj just wondering what fuel you were running at the winter nats dont see a fuel sponcer on your signature cool big tom
Mom & Dad
RCAKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:02 PM   #537
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default live scoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrice View Post
Just got the report from our web site guy

over 5000 people from 70 countries logged on to our "live scoring" for the week.

that makes it worth the time and cost
Thanks Jim Had agreat time there as always, thanks for loving racing like the rest of us and doing a great Job with the track and the crew. Someone else mentioned this also ever think of running backwards, I think you would only have to move the timing loop to the end of current backstraight. Peter
Old 02-16-2010, 08:11 PM   #538
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAKid View Post
dj just wondering what fuel you were running at the winter nats dont see a fuel sponcer on your signature cool big tom
I ran the Fuel that Ronnie is making. Called Xtreme Racing Fuel........

I have no fuel sponsor...

DJ Apolaro
Old 02-17-2010, 04:30 AM   #539
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
I ran the Fuel that Ronnie is making. Called Xtreme Racing Fuel........

I have no fuel sponsor...

DJ Apolaro
how was the fuel
Mom & Dad
RCAKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #540
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAKid View Post
how was the fuel
Great. definately the best fuel I have ever used. The protection was awesome.

DJ Apolaro