R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #31
Tech Adept

I ordered two motors from RC Mart and paid with a credit card. They did not have the motors in stock (even though their sytem indicated they had them in stock). They charged $780.00 to my card as soon as the transaction was completed, only to get an e-mail two days later saying they did not have the items in stock, but offered a store credit. I called to cancel the order and requested a refund. It's been seven weeks since I requested the refund and placed several e-mail and phone calls wiyhout luck,d I'm still out $780.00. They will not even respond to my emails anymore. I had to dipute the charge with my credit card company and they tell me it will take an additinal 6 weeks. THIS IS BAD BUSINESS RC MART..Buyer beware of ripoff artists out there. Needless to say this is the last time I'll ever order from overseas stores.

RC MART ARE RIP OFFS
Erchur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erchur View Post
I ordered two motors from RC Mart and paid with a credit card. They did not have the motors in stock (even though their sytem indicated they had them in stock). They charged $780.00 to my card as soon as the transaction was completed, only to get an e-mail two days later saying they did not have the items in stock, but offered a store credit. I called to cancel the order and requested a refund. It's been seven weeks since I requested the refund and placed several e-mail and phone calls wiyhout luck,d I'm still out $780.00. They will not even respond to my emails anymore. I had to dipute the charge with my credit card company and they tell me it will take an additinal 6 weeks. THIS IS BAD BUSINESS RC MART..Buyer beware of ripoff artists out there. Needless to say this is the last time I'll ever order from overseas stores.

RC MART ARE RIP OFFS
wow.... that really does blow.
Renault_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:42 AM   #33
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by marooko View Post
And as for paypal, it's pretty much an internet credit card. Sure, they try to be very secure, but it's linked to a credit card in many cases. So essentially, aren't some people using paypal also buying without money?
Yep, I agree with you there....
Old 08-26-2009, 06:48 AM   #34
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, I replied to the email via a different email address. It seems that because I changed my delivery address to my PO Box that it has triggered some kind of alert at mushy's end. Here's what they had to say:

Quote:
Dear Aaron,

We are requesting the information because your billing address and shipping address is different.

We are requesting the form and the information because we want to verify that the actual credit card holder is authorizing us to charge and ship to the specified address. It is to protect our customer as well as our company. Once you fill out the information we will not request the form and information from you again as long as the credit card and shipping address is the same. You can black out the middle 2 sets of the number, we only need to see the first and last set of the numbers on the credit card. Once we receive the information then we will ship out the order as soon as possible. We thank you for your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any inquiry. Thank you.

Angela
RC-Mushroom

Still, I'll be buggered if I'm putting out that much personal info over the net. I've told them to cancel the order and I'll redo it to my home address and using Paypal. Hopefully that should sort it.

www.MRCCR.com
azcau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #35
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcau View Post
Well, I replied to the email via a different email address. It seems that because I changed my delivery address to my PO Box that it has triggered some kind of alert at mushy's end. Here's what they had to say:

Still, I'll be buggered if I'm putting out that much personal info over the net. I've told them to cancel the order and I'll redo it to my home address and using Paypal. Hopefully that should sort it.
I think the did the right thing.
Imagine someone took your credit card and ordered the same stuff from them
and requested shipping to another country.

Should they have allowed the transaction with different billing and shipping address?

It buggers you because the above didn't happen to you. If it did you WOULD
DEMAND to ask for more details
Old 08-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #36
kmh
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by comedyman809 View Post
unless, this is one of the new credit card procedures that have to be done because of the new president screwing everything up.

obama, will kill us all eventually.
YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!
kmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:08 AM   #37
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmh View Post
YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

why because im right??? do you think obama is doing a good job???
Old 08-29-2009, 07:17 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

If I ever purchase items online, I prefer to deal with a place in the states. Also make sure the place you order from has a phone number you can call. I get faster customer service results by actually talking to a person on the phone.

Oh, one more thing.

Quote:
why because im right??? do you think obama is doing a good job???
Go to the chat lounge and argue there about politics. This is about RC Mart and purchasing items online. Thanks for your input.

Three words...

Ready... Steady... Confetti!!!! (gonna need a new one of those)
SpraydbySprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 07:26 AM   #39
Tech Master

Quote:
unless, this is one of the new credit card procedures that have to be done because of the new president screwing everything up.

obama, will kill us all eventually.
........No stupid, ingnorant people like you will eventually kill us . He inherited the problems he didnt create them.
nitrohead5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 08:04 AM   #40
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Alright guys ENOUGH. If you want to talk politics, get on a forum for it. This thread was started because of possible scams online for identity theft. So drop the political debate.
shawn01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:49 AM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn01 View Post
Alright guys ENOUGH. If you want to talk politics, get on a forum for it. This thread was started because of possible scams online for identity theft. So drop the political debate.
Thank you Shawn01!! Some people will use any negative thing to interject their negative political views on the current administration in DC.

Folks, this is debate on how much information do you give out, especially in these times of identity theft being very high and can ruin you for a long time. Like Shawn01 and someone else stated, take your political ramblings somewhere else!!!
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote