Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Can someone recommend a fast pipe for my TC3? >

Can someone recommend a fast pipe for my TC3?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can someone recommend a fast pipe for my TC3?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Can someone recommend a fast pipe for my TC3?

Hey guys I'm an offroad vet who just got into street racing. I have a stock Team Associated TC3 I'm gonna run the stock motor for a while and I want an exhaust to provide huge acceleration, I'm more interested in low and mid end power and I'm willing to drop $150, like I said I'm new to onroad racing and I'm not sure what to get, please give me some brands, ideas, and if possible personal experience with pipes. Thanks!
Old 08-07-2009, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lethalsassonic
Hey guys I'm an offroad vet who just got into street racing. I have a stock Team Associated TC3 I'm gonna run the stock motor for a while and I want an exhaust to provide huge acceleration, I'm more interested in low and mid end power and I'm willing to drop $150, like I said I'm new to onroad racing and I'm not sure what to get, please give me some brands, ideas, and if possible personal experience with pipes. Thanks!

Lethal, you are better off putting some of that money towards a faster motor, and staying with a cheaper exhaust. I ran on OS and and RB on my 2 tc3's, and ran the stock TC3 (metal) pipe with great results....
Old 08-07-2009, 05:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

As fastharry mentioned, put the $150 on to and RB T9 JR if you want. The pipe on the NTC3 or even the Ofna LD3 dont have much options.

I found on ebay a few engines brand new gonig for the amount of money you are willing to spend.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lethalsassonic
The pipe on the NTC3 is definitely TOO long.. it provides way to much low end punch and inconsistent tuning.. replace it with an RD Logics 1 piece pipe for the NTC3 and you should notice a big difference in power end engine stability.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

rd pipe centax from ld3 ofna 20 26 pinions 48 54 spurs car will be a missle inexpesive motor like the jl red dot works well have to use teflon to make header work properly ran mine this year was fast these cars were proven check barry bakers old set ups...............
Old 08-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I agree on the rd pipe!
Old 08-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thx guys!
Old 08-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Suspended

just get you the dual chamber ase pipe and go its the best pipe for the tc3 also like others said cant hardly find other options rb mods as a ths pipe for about 60 bucks i think my advise get an rb jr and ase pipe