Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Finaly got my rs4 evo+ today now i have a ? >

Finaly got my rs4 evo+ today now i have a ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finaly got my rs4 evo+ today now i have a ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Finaly got my rs4 evo+ today now i have a ?

well i finally got my hpi rs4 evo+ today but still havent done the break in. It was just way to hot to even want to go outside. so hopefully tomorrow is abit cooler. i ended up spending 540 for everything, 4 gallons of fuel, 5 glow plugs, temp gun charger, batt packs, 12 rechargable batts and more. not 2 bad since i didnt own not a single thing for rc so 540 wasnt all that bad.

im confused about the low speed needle because the manual does not speak of it at all. all it meantions is the high speed needle. im also confused about this book oncei start the car for the first time am i supossed to adjust the idle so the itres DO NOT spin. the book shows on 1 tank break in. the tires spinning on a block.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cta4LC4PON3
well i finally got my hpi rs4 evo+ today but still havent done the break in. It was just way to hot to even want to go outside. so hopefully tomorrow is abit cooler. i ended up spending 540 for everything, 4 gallons of fuel, 5 glow plugs, temp gun charger, batt packs, 12 rechargable batts and more. not 2 bad since i didnt own not a single thing for rc so 540 wasnt all that bad.

im confused about the low speed needle because the manual does not speak of it at all. all it meantions is the high speed needle. im also confused about this book oncei start the car for the first time am i supossed to adjust the idle so the itres DO NOT spin. the book shows on 1 tank break in. the tires spinning on a block.

Run the car just like the manual says( i read it on HPI's site)...When the car is on the block, the tires might spin, but not very fast. When you put it on the ground to drive it on the second and third tanks, it will be fine. Don't mess with the low speed screw for mixture. If anything, you can adjust the idle speed using the small screw for the carb opening.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

i didnt touch any of the screws the low speed is Flush and the high speed is flush. thats the way they came.

i havent touched anything on the car. all i did so far was locktite all the screws.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

i didnt touch any of the screws the low speed is Flush and the high speed is flush. thats the way they came.

i havent touched anything on the car. all i did so far was locktite all the screws.

So, crank it up...
Old 08-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

yes, usually in most RTR cars you would leave the needles at factory setting, its usually fine and set for you, watch this video it will help you!
http://www.hpiracing.com/videoplayer/52/
and dont worry about the car they are useing for the video, its a small block engine its equivalent to the RS4 EVO+! Just watch it and your answers will be answered!
Old 08-12-2009, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LAM3SAUCE
yes, usually in most RTR cars you would leave the needles at factory setting, its usually fine and set for you, watch this video it will help you!
http://www.hpiracing.com/videoplayer/52/
and dont worry about the car they are useing for the video, its a small block engine its equivalent to the RS4 EVO+! Just watch it and your answers will be answered!
Dont you mean that your questions will be answered Lam?
Old 08-12-2009, 05:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks for that video helped me alot and basicly answered all my questions.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

ive been trying to use the roto starter to start the engine for the first time but it just wont turn it. can i use a Drill in reverse?
Old 08-12-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default HPI

ive been trying to use the roto starter to start the engine for the first time but it just wont turn it. can i use a Drill in reverse?
Dont force the engine with the rotor start. If the engine is locked up due to fuel in the engine, you will break a rod.
Remove the glow plug, turn the car upside down, let the fuel run out of the engine
Spin the engine over just a couple of times without the glow plug in.
Replace the glow plug, and it should start.
When the enigne is locked up due to fuel, a rotor start will break the rod.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

i got it going i bought a 5000 batt and bam worked perfectly. I have 1 issue at the moment. i got the car broke in did everything perfectly.

i did have an issue with getting the 2 speed to shift but i got it to shift and it works awesome now.

Last edited by cta4LC4PON3; 08-12-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

one little helpful hint....when starting the car, always start in against your foot, in case you forgot to turn on the transmitter. Also, always check the operation of the servo's before you start it up.