R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   new and looking for advice (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/317785-new-looking-advice.html)

cta4LC4PON3 08-06-2009 10:07 AM

new and looking for advice

I have recently come back to the rc world after alot of years away and when i was in i was only electric. I have been going to the only place that has a track and i have been watching what people are driving. I noticed alot of people are running the HPI RS4 Evo+ so i decided to buy one.

is it good or bad. i havent opened it yet and can be returned.

what can you tell me about the car itself. this place isnt for serious racing its just a place where people go to have fun and basicly show off there cars.

also what kind of tires would i need and ive seen cars fully decked out in purple upgrades and id like to get some of those also.

thanks

cta4LC4PON3 08-06-2009 08:12 PM

wow no hits all day. makes me wonder if the car is any good :)

Ivan Dickson 08-06-2009 08:30 PM

no one i know run HPI...it is an older kit...if your just planning to play around with it you should be fine...or if you plan to race serious...go with something more current...also there is an HPI thread you can go to and ask question.

meatpupet 08-06-2009 08:44 PM

rs4 evo

i have an rs4 evo3, it runs good, can be tricked out for show or race. ihave some allum. part on my car. if you are wanting to race its not bad,parts are easy to get. i like my car ,it runs good and handels smooth. i run on a concrete track,i can run with the leaders without a problem. ther are better cars out there, it depends on how much money you want to spend. as far as tires you need to see whats being run at your local track.

jakerz 08-07-2009 04:46 AM

there is nothing old or outdated about the RS4...it's still made, still supported and a blast to run.

cta4LC4PON3 08-07-2009 05:36 AM

thanks guys. someone gave me an ebay link for purple hopups the prices dont seem bad at all.

sebtarta 08-07-2009 05:49 AM

Don't go crazy with the purple hop ups! You will end up spending more $$$$ than you really want and need.

Just add a few hop ups if you want, suspension, tires and a good engine. Maybe a good radio with servos.

Then once you have the handle of it and you see that you want something more, then with the money saved from not buying the "purple hop ups" you can invest on getting any of the top racing cars and try that on your local track (if any).

People have spent over $1000 on just adding the purple stuff on the HPI, its all bling really.

cta4LC4PON3 08-07-2009 06:06 AM

yeah i hear u i wasnt planning on going crazy with it. im easily going to wait on the new engine until i can learn on this one. im not breaking her in till tuesday.

im friends with the guy at the localshop here in fulton and he also ordered himself a hpi rs4 evo so were gonna break em in together and hes gonna show me what a corrct tune sounds like and so on.

cta4LC4PON3 08-09-2009 07:24 PM

i cant wait i get my car tuesday morning :) getting excited

LAM3SAUCE 08-09-2009 11:52 PM

Hi, i myself would personally go for a kyosho Fw-06, the best RTR that id ever ran, that car is indeed a top notch car to be able to flow with the high end kits, you are able to run that car in the track and anywhere! the HPI evo3 isnt something i like to get! although they are decent cars but id Fw-06 and trust me you would not regret driving that car! (shaft driven) AGAIN this is my personal opinion! :tire::nod::tire:

cta4LC4PON3 08-10-2009 07:41 AM

well ive already paid and ordered the car from my local shop so im not gonna rip him off and not take it :) im sure ill be fine. its my first nitro so i got alot to learn anyways. plus i went by what parts were easier to get that he had and the hpi seemed perfect