Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-07-2009, 11:40 AM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Could be!
I am sure they will NOT setup the race with the same weekend or close by the TC World next year...anyhow, you are COMING.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Looking to swap pit duties, preferably a touring car racer. Any takers?
Old 08-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdude View Post
Looks like I will be there to watch the mains on Sunday. Isn't that lame? I can't make it both days and there's no point for me to do one qualifier on Sunday if there are any... I could pit for you if you want! I have an exergen temp gun and fuel gun.
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #19
Tech Master

Can't wait guys Ralph and I will be coming for sure..Ralph will be running 1/8 and 1/10..Paul wants to come so maybe he will be there also..Our racing is tight this year so Paul has back to back races comin up..But for sure the one and only Ralph"WG" Burch will be there..
Old 08-08-2009, 06:47 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
I thought showing you the track photo last year, you and Paolo will make it this year.... Oh well, hopefully, next year, the SNAKE will be here.

The question is....WHO from the Xray will be here...? Am I going to see Paul L there? He is like 200 miles North from the track....

Chicky...now you need a Mugen TC to play along....
Next year we should be there. TC Worlds will be in July, so no conflict. So Dj, me and Chicky will be there
Old 08-09-2009, 10:27 AM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M View Post
Next year we should be there. TC Worlds will be in July, so no conflict. So Dj, me and Chicky will be there
WAIT A MINUTE....the CHICKY? OMG...Finally, I told him all the time he should be a SNAKEHEAD....
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #22
Tech Regular

Default Qualifiers on Sunday?

Is it ok to show up on Sunday for the GT race for the Byron Challenge?

Does anybody know if there will be any qualifiers for the GT class run on Sunday? I can still sign up on Sunday right?

Thanks SOLARA! I'm still working on making it on Saturday and at least runing one quali. I'm not going to run my TC for this race thou
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Old 08-09-2009, 04:51 PM   #23
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Quote:
WAIT A MINUTE....the CHICKY? OMG...Finally, I told him all the time he should be a SNAKEHEAD....

I think Paolo was referring to me running TC in general not Serpent TC. Maybe he though I was not making the Byrons race this year and going to the worlds?

Paul
Old 08-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Solara, no he is not a Snakehead.... Chicky is involved in the 1/12 scale with Serpent so far..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
I think Paolo was referring to me running TC in general not Serpent TC. Maybe he though I was not making the Byrons race this year and going to the worlds?

Paul
Yes, i meant him running TC.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:32 AM   #25
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hey Eli
Raye and I plan on making this race , hopefully all 3 of us are not in the same heat and we can pit for each other if you still need help.
bmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:18 AM   #26
Tech Master

Sounds great. Can someone verify that the address is correct for Leisure Hours please. I know last year when I went to Leisure hours raceway the GPS system was only as accurate as the input. And the input was not correct. Thanks
Old 08-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #27
Tech Regular

Quote:
Sounds great. Can someone verify that the address is correct for Leisure Hours please. I know last year when I went to Leisure hours raceway the GPS system was only as accurate as the input. And the input was not correct. Thanks

Yeap my car has GPS and if I type in the address it won't come up!

The best advice I can give on how to get there is by following the signs to CPX which is a paintball field right next to the track. The track is in the middle of fields the first time I went there got lost for 2hrs.

If you are coming from I-80 you get off on Chicago Street which is also RT 53 South. Take RT 53 for about 2 miles South until you get to Laraway Rd. (there's a CPX sign at that intersection) make a right (West) look for the CPX signs and follow Laraway Rd. until you get to Patterson Rd. make a Left to go South again on Patterson. (theres another CPX sign at that intersection) Follow Patterson Rd. until you get to Schweitzer Rd. make a Right to go West. Follow Schweizer Rd. until you get to a dead end which will be the track to your Left and CPX to your right.

You can also get directions by Intersections (Try Patterson Rd. and Scheweizer) on mapquest or google maps.

Hope this helps! Try following the directions on you computer and you will be able to see the track from google maps. Looks cool!!!

Here's the number for the track 815-722-1330 just in case
Old 08-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (98%+)

Here you go Eli.
Coordinates for Leisure Hours on google maps.

click here for top secret mapping.. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=41.463...7,0.00942&z=17

Once the map opens up right click on the green arrow and select "directions to here" enter your starting address, and start driving.

OR... if you able to, just put in the coordinates on your handy dandy GPS.

Last edited by evostyle; 08-11-2009 at 04:38 PM.
evostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:05 AM   #29
Tech Master

Thanks guys, you have been very helpful. See ya there.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:04 AM   #30
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Test your skills at the Byrons Challenge this weekend. Practice Friday, quals Saturday, big mains Sunday. C U there
bigcat17 is offline   Reply With Quote