Wiki Posts
Search

New Track In Miami, Fl.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default New Track In Miami, Fl.

A new track has just opened in Miami, built by Andy Martinez. It's called Royal Palm Raceway and it's just a few miles SW of Kendall. It's a pretty large track, featuring a 730 foot driving line, European style curbing on the corner apexes, and nicely painted borders and infield sections in green, as you can see in the pictures. There is a large covered area behind the driver's stand where you can set up your pit area, using the tables and chairs that are provided for members. Compressed air and A/C power are available, as well as clean bathrooms and a concession stand if you get hungry or thirsty.

The track itself is fast, flowing and fun, to say the least. It's hard to pick a favorite section, as pretty much the whole lap is enjoyable. This is because Andy got the shape and height of the curbs perfect. If you trim the corner a little too close, the curb lets you know gently, not disturbing the car too much. Definitely much more forgiving than a board! The two hairpins in front of the driver's stand are a nice section to do some passing. The right hand sweeper that follows it and leads you on to the straight is wide enough for cars to go through side by side. I was flat out as I entered the straight all thw way through the next right and into the keyhole corner. My favorite line was a closing radius late apex to try to get a straighter shot into the next corner. I would say that this is the first "finesse" portion of the track. Another closing radius on the next left that takes you to to the "esses". Don't get to carried away here, as you need to keep it tidy just past this tight right hander and accelerate back to you again and across to the fisrt corner. I like the layout very much. I have to say that Andy got it right. What really makes it fun are the curbs. This track will definitely be easy on cars.

If you live in South Florida you should really go check it out. Oh, and bring your car-you're gonna want to drive it when you see it!http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/bac...howforgotten=2
Old 01-19-2004, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: New Track In Miami, Fl.

Originally posted by Ed Delgado
A new track has just opened in Miami, built by Andy Martinez. It's called Royal Palm Raceway and it's just a few miles SW of Kendall. It's a pretty large track, featuring a 730 foot driving line, European style curbing on the corner apexes, and nicely painted borders and infield sections in green, as you can see in the pictures. There is a large covered area behind the driver's stand where you can set up your pit area, using the tables and chairs that are provided for members. Compressed air and A/C power are available, as well as clean bathrooms and a concession stand if you get hungry or thirsty.

The track itself is fast, flowing and fun, to say the least. It's hard to pick a favorite section, as pretty much the whole lap is enjoyable. This is because Andy got the shape and height of the curbs perfect. If you trim the corner a little too close, the curb lets you know gently, not disturbing the car too much. Definitely much more forgiving than a board! The two hairpins in front of the driver's stand are a nice section to do some passing. The right hand sweeper that follows it and leads you on to the straight is wide enough for cars to go through side by side. I was flat out as I entered the straight all thw way through the next right and into the keyhole corner. My favorite line was a closing radius late apex to try to get a straighter shot into the next corner. I would say that this is the first "finesse" portion of the track. Another closing radius on the next left that takes you to to the "esses". Don't get to carried away here, as you need to keep it tidy just past this tight right hander and accelerate back to you again and across to the fisrt corner. I like the layout very much. I have to say that Andy got it right. What really makes it fun are the curbs. This track will definitely be easy on cars.

If you live in South Florida you should really go check it out. Oh, and bring your car-you're gonna want to drive it when you see it!http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/bac...howforgotten=2
this is duplicate, this was already posted by jpilone on 1-04-2004
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=30590