R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2009, 07:49 PM   #106
Tech Addict
 
speedracer1bp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 504
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson View Post
I personally seen him win the electric worlds back in the 90s...does that count for anything..?

Don't get me wrong, here in the US Swauger is hard to beat,(has beat Rick V. at the Winternats many times) but he didn't make the show at the 2003 Worlds on US soil. There is no doubt he is world class. Maybe just snakebit.
Anyone know what motor he is running??
speedracer1bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #107
Tech Addict
 
rocca30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: fl
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer1bp View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Swauger has never been in a WC final in any class but 235mm 2wd, (i think he won) (and it was a new class, and since disappeared).
He is very fast here in the states, but, On the Worlds stage, he just doesn't have the "Swauger".
i think your wrong 2006 world 10 scale he was in the finales but had radio problems, and only made 1 lap. if he could figure out how to make run time he would be foreshore one of the ones to beat just my 2 cents.
__________________
RC AMERICA / / HUDY // SRC / / JC JEWELERS/ / GOT GOLD // MAXX POWER // EXTREME RACING FUEL //
rocca30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #108
Tech Master
 
Ivan Dickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cali Love USA
Posts: 1,643
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer1bp View Post
Don't get me wrong, here in the US Swauger is hard to beat,(has beat Rick V. at the Winternats many times) but he didn't make the show at the 2003 Worlds on US soil. There is no doubt he is world class. Maybe just snakebit.
Anyone know what motor he is running??
Novarossi....
__________________
SPECIAL THANKS TO ✦ MY WIFE ✦✦ MOTIV RC ✦✦ GRAVITY RC ✦✦ JGO PAINTZ ✦✦ TQ RC RACEWAY ✦✦ TAMIYA RACEWAY ✦
Ivan Dickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #109
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

No, Mike hasn't had a good worlds showing in 1/8th yet. He will sooner or later though. Maybe this year, maybe not. We will see.

As for Mike vs Rick V. Well, I have never, ever passed Mike in anything. I made a couple passes on Rick V in a Winternats B main. Of course, Ft. Meyers is a tough track for a European to run on. If only we could get a worlds at Ft. Meyers, you would really see Mike shine then.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #110
Tech Addict
 
speedracer1bp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 504
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson View Post
Novarossi....
I wonder why Scott Kimbrow isn't there?? He's been smokin' hot too!
speedracer1bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:33 PM   #111
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer1bp View Post
I wonder why Scott Kimbrow isn't there?? He's been smokin' hot too!
He sure has. Like Josh said, his combination of speed and mileage would do really well at that track.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #112
Tech Addict
 
speedracer1bp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 504
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
No, Mike hasn't had a good worlds showing in 1/8th yet. He will sooner or later though. Maybe this year, maybe not. We will see.

As for Mike vs Rick V. Well, I have never, ever passed Mike in anything. I made a couple passes on Rick V in a Winternats B main. Of course, Ft. Meyers is a tough track for a European to run on. If only we could get a worlds at Ft. Meyers, you would really see Mike shine then.
LOL yea it would probably be Swauger, Paulo 1.....2......
speedracer1bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #113
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny-b23 View Post
From 14th? I think Pietsch has got a really good chance.
well look at it like this!!!! the last worlds collari and cristiani both raced into the show and they took the top two spots
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #114
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captian View Post
well look at it like this!!!! the last worlds collari and cristiani both raced into the show and they took the top two spots
Indeed, this was practice. Anyone in the top 30 or so could wind up finding the set-up and marching to the front.

I recall watching Surikarn race his way through a couple mains to battle for the win in 03.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #115
kmh
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer1bp View Post
I wonder why Scott Kimbrow isn't there?? He's been smokin' hot too!
I was wondering the same thing. "Hey Scott why are'nt you in Lostallo? You should definetly be there.
kmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #116
Tech Elite
 
Slo-MTX4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,479
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer1bp View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Swauger has never been in a WC final in any class but 235mm 2wd, (i think he won) (and it was a new class, and since disappeared).
He is very fast here in the states, but, On the Worlds stage, he just doesn't have the "Swauger".
He made the 200mm A final in Australia to in 2006.
__________________
Podified Picco/MRX5/Futaba/Savox

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:41 AM   #117
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Hi guys,

we should try to be a bit more realistic about this.

First of all, this is practice. We'll see, who can do what, once qualifying starts.

Secondly, IMHO, it's gonna be more than difficult for anybody to beat the Italians in Lostallo.
Ielasi for example, lives less than an hour away and Collari basically lived there for the last 6 month.

Speedwise, there is no-one that can hold a candle to Robert Pietsch right now, I just fear he won't have the race luck in the finals.

Good thing for me is, that I will be there next Saturday to watch the show

Btw, DJ is even behind our fast lady
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:57 AM   #118
Tech Master
 
Ivan Dickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cali Love USA
Posts: 1,643
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Questions??

Does anybody know how many are there participating in the worlds..? just curious.
__________________
SPECIAL THANKS TO ✦ MY WIFE ✦✦ MOTIV RC ✦✦ GRAVITY RC ✦✦ JGO PAINTZ ✦✦ TQ RC RACEWAY ✦✦ TAMIYA RACEWAY ✦
Ivan Dickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:01 AM   #119
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,963
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Hi guys,

we should try to be a bit more realistic about this.

First of all, this is practice. We'll see, who can do what, once qualifying starts.

Secondly, IMHO, it's gonna be more than difficult for anybody to beat the Italians in Lostallo.
Ielasi for example, lives less than an hour away and Collari basically lived there for the last 6 month.

Speedwise, there is no-one that can hold a candle to Robert Pietsch right now, I just fear he won't have the race luck in the finals.

Good thing for me is, that I will be there next Saturday to watch the show

Btw, DJ is even behind our fast lady
I have to agree. It's tough to beat home court advantage!
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo

Last edited by lil-bump; 08-17-2009 at 07:16 PM.
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #120
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson View Post
Does anybody know how many are there participating in the worlds..? just curious.
I am not sure I am answering the right question, but there are total 150 SPOT racing the WORLD currently...with who knows how many was on waiting list..

Anyhow, go Team USA...and Socko..if you see the moment that can help Josh, push the "BUTTON" Good luck.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:05 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net