R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-25-2009, 05:53 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default REBUILDING A KYOSHO FW04 SUPERTEN

. HI EVERYONE, THIS IS MY 1ST TIME USING THIS FORUM (OR ANY FORUM FOR THAT MATTER), SO G,DAY TO YOU ALL FROM OZ. ANYWAY- I HAVE BEEN OUT OF R/C FOR QUITE SOME TIME AND AFTER RECENTLY SUFFERING A NEAR FATAL SPORTS INJURY I HAVE DECIDED TO GET BACK INTO IT AS I'M NOT BACK AT WORK YET AND THE FREE TIME IS DRIVING ME NUTS. THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS THAT THE FW04 SUPERTEN HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW AND I'M HAVING EXTREME DIFFICULTY TRYING TO FIND PARTS FOR IT. THE PARTS I NEED ARE:-FZ5 LEFT & RIGHT ASSEMBLY, FZ19 DOGBONE SWING AXLE x2, FZ1 MAIN CHASSIS, AND SHOCK ASSEMBLY x2. IS THERE ANY PARTS FROM OTHER KITS THAT CAN BE USED AS AN ALTERNATIVE? I USED TO HAVE HEAPS OF FUN RACING THIS KIT AND WOULD REALLY LIKE TO GET IT GOING AGAIN AS IT WAS QUITE FAST FOR A .15 ENGINE(W/2 SPEED). THANKS FOR YOUR ATTENTION, ANY HELP HERE WOULD BE HOT.
thx-n 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:12 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

First things first, try not to write everything in caps lock. its hard to read and looks like your shouting!

The FW04 is an ancient car. Why not buy a newer kit where parts are readily available and put the 04 on a shelf as a vintage??
Renault_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:25 AM   #3
Tech Regular

yes i do agree with him, the fw-05 are already old news, so for the fw04... i dont know what to say for parts, you can get a fw06 model i own one and its a really good RTR there about $260-$270 ish, have tons and tons of parts and upgrades / hopups for it, or the slightly older model fw05+ about $230-$240 they too have many parts and hopups, if i were you i ld go ahead and get the fw06 you would not regrete it a bit , but as far as your question's answer fw04 are hard to find parts for unless maybe ebay... but they too dont have the parts your looking for... so its gonna be really hard to keep it running, best off for a more updated model!
LAM3SAUCE is offline   Reply With Quote