R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenzalii View Post
Get what you can get parts and support for in your area, point blank. The Mugen, Kyosho, Serpent, Xray, and TM can all win in the right hands. All have their good points and bad, ALL strip gears (don't even believe otherwise) and all can be set up to run on rails at whatever track you go to without a bunch of hop up parts. Whether the car is a few years old (MTX4R) or hasn't hit the streets just yet (733) it's hard to go wrong. But it's no fun waiting for the man in the brown truck to bring your parts while your mates hop off to the LHS and keep on running.

Just my .02 cents.

I get my parts next day by the man in the brown truck. Gotta love living within a few hours of ashford hobby, and I don't even have to get out of my chair. lol
Old 07-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87z View Post
I get my parts next day by the man in the brown truck. Gotta love living within a few hours of ashford hobby, and I don't even have to get out of my chair. lol
Same here. I live in Cleveland,Ohio. I can order today, my stuff will be at my door step the next day buy 5:00 PM
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #18
Tech Initiate

In my honest opinion, mirroring those of others, you can't go wrong with any of the top cars. Deciding factors from my point of view (not in any particular order):

a.) Availability of parts at your local hobby store
b.) Availability of parts online
c.) Availability of parts at the track
d.) Performance
e.) Cost
f.) Upgradeability
g.) Aesthetics

A/B/C: should probably be the deciding factor; I would put the most weight on C because these days you can get parts from anywhere in the world via pretty fast shipping... it's C that matters when you break a part on race day that you don't have spares for... which is why many of the other posters suggested looking at what others run at the track.

D/E/F: even across the board on all the top cars; most of the tech hasn't changed too drastically in the last 5 years in my opinion which is why most of the cars are very similar.

G: some people value this, some people don't... but given a lot of the other categories are fairly even, the deciding factor at the end of the day might just be the bling...
jdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:18 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdev View Post
In my honest opinion, mirroring those of others, you can't go wrong with any of the top cars. Deciding factors from my point of view (not in any particular order):

a.) Availability of parts at your local hobby store
b.) Availability of parts online
c.) Availability of parts at the track
d.) Performance
e.) Cost
f.) Upgradeability
g.) Aesthetics

A/B/C: should probably be the deciding factor; I would put the most weight on C because these days you can get parts from anywhere in the world via pretty fast shipping... it's C that matters when you break a part on race day that you don't have spares for... which is why many of the other posters suggested looking at what others run at the track.

D/E/F: even across the board on all the top cars; most of the tech hasn't changed too drastically in the last 5 years in my opinion which is why most of the cars are very similar.

G: some people value this, some people don't... but given a lot of the other categories are fairly even, the deciding factor at the end of the day might just be the bling...
+1 I agree with this and if your LHS supports the NT1 '09, RRR WCE EVO 2, and the 733 you are going to have a big problem because all three of these cars are amazing well the 733 already looks like a winner
beta bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:16 PM   #20
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta bob View Post
+1 I agree with this and if your LHS supports the NT1 '09, RRR WCE EVO 2, and the 733 you are going to have a big problem because all three of these cars are amazing well the 733 already looks like a winner
+1
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote