R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #31
Tech Rookie

Default SRINGS VELOX AND VELOXV8

IN THE MANUAL OF VELOX 2008 THE STANDART SPRING ARE THE BLUE CODE 811504 AND 811505. THE VELOX V8 HAVE STANDART SPRINGS LIGTHBLUE SPRINGS 811514 AND 811515. SOMEONE CAN YOU TELL ME IF THE SPRING ARE DIFERENT? SOMEONE TESTED BOTH TYPES?

JOSH GODD LUCK FOR THE WC
veloxargentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:03 PM   #32
Tech Master

The two spring types are meant to be the same as they switched supplier and the wire size/coils are the same but just to be sure if there was some difference they made the powder coat a different color so people could choose. I think the old light blue ones are slightly softer but they are really, really close. I know Shepherd still has stock (so do I) of the light blue ones but once they are gone they will no longer be made.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:40 PM   #33
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well guys, it's official. I'm switching. My Velox 09 showed up today (good deal on a barely used one) and my Mugen is up for sale. I hope to pick up all of Josh's latest goodies soon, probably after he gets back from the nats. Anything else I need to know about this thing? I probably wont get to race it until the Winternats but hope to at least get some testing in with it before then.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:57 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Well guys, it's official. I'm switching. My Velox 09 showed up today (good deal on a barely used one) and my Mugen is up for sale. I hope to pick up all of Josh's latest goodies soon, probably after he gets back from the nats. Anything else I need to know about this thing? I probably wont get to race it until the Winternats but hope to at least get some testing in with it before then.
Sean, Welcome to the Team!!
speedracer1bp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:27 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4

Quote:
Its quite a bit different to set up that the Mugen (as that is also what i used to run). I used to run my mugen with stiffer springs, softer oils and stiffer sway bars as compared to the V8. Unfortunatly i have only really discovered this lately after a poor showing at our recent state titles. Well at least i think this is what the problem is. After comparing how i had mine setup compared to the likes of Josh, Daniele etc i found that they are alot softer that how i set mine up.

Anyone else that has switched found this also?

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Cyrul's Velox at the Worlds

I have posted some photos in high resolution in my blog of Josh's car. Just click on the photos and you will get the 'big picture'

http://jdracing.blogs.se

Speaking to Josh he told me that he is very happy with his car and the options he is using (soon to be available) are helping his car become more consistent for the whole duration of the runs.
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-velox-v8.html

almost new v8 for sale in the forums that I used to break in an engine before my track closed down, $350. it includes the euro narrow rear hinge pins and wheel nut kits. a-main has the entire 09 upgrade for $160 that also includes the euro hinge pin setup if you want the most current car and two sets of rear hinge pin mounts.

I also have a ton of NIP spares for the car if any of you are interested in the spares or the car + spares. It's about $650 amain's price worth of all the usual parts except chassis and carbon pieces.

https://ActivRC.com http://TeamPowersUSA.net https://www.1upracing.com/ http://TeamAssociated.com
Brian Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What effect on handling does moving the eccentric on the front upright up or down?
CanyonCarverR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:36 PM   #39
Tech Lord

A few questions about the hard plastic kit.

What does it come with? Everything plastic or just arms and uprights or something like that.

Will the hard plastic parts be available separately? That thing is pricey. I would hate to have to buy the whole kit just for an arm.

How do they hold up? Do they break easier than the stock parts?

And finally, how does it affect handling?
Old 09-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to PMSorber

Quote:
A few questions about the hard plastic kit.

What does it come with? Everything plastic or just arms and uprights or something like that.

Will the hard plastic parts be available separately? That thing is pricey. I would hate to have to buy the whole kit just for an arm.

How do they hold up? Do they break easier than the stock parts?

And finally, how does it affect handling?
Let me try to give you an answer. The kit contains the upper and lower arms, uprights, rear bodymount, front rollbar plastic parts. All parts are also seperate available. Breaking depends upon temperature and driving
Handling... you will be able to hit the throttle sooner and longer.
Example: With the normal plastic under warm conditions we could not take a S-turn good on throttle, with hard plastic it was no problem... with X-hard plastic at the Worlds it was even more fun!
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:32 PM   #41
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1 View Post
What effect on handling does moving the eccentric on the front upright up or down?
We have never used it up... down gives you a tire advantage, you can drive smaller. With the eccentric to the rear you will improve the steering of the car on a shorter wheelbase.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anybody running this car anymore?.......................................... .................................................. ........... Haven't seen any post since the Nats!
Old 10-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #43
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdude View Post
Anybody running this car anymore?.......................................... .................................................. ........... Haven't seen any post since the Nats!
lolzzz... Yeah but I think at some places on the globe its wintertme now.
Too cold and wet to race...
Old 10-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #44
Tech Lord

Mine probably wont hit the track until the winternats. And even that is in doubt unless I find a new job soon
Old 10-08-2009, 08:16 AM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdude View Post
I'm running it Eli, in my garage.
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote