Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shepherd V8 '09

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
My set-up was quite strange so I rather not confuse everyone to start off the event...lol...

To everyone checking out the CEFX web site, sorry but I screwed it up today and accidentially deleted the images folder (I was trying to delete just 1 image!!). I put what I could back up there but I'm waiting for the man to hook me back up and upload all the other files again. As soon as the site is back in 1 piece, I'll continue with my updates.

Thanks!
Webmaster .....Rookie!
Old 08-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Everyone!!

Well, the GLC is over and I'm just trying to unpack and recover from a long week of testing and racing. In the end though Shepherd had a great outing this year and with a little luck it could have been really, really good.

In 1/8 Masters, Eli Ezrow missed out on TQ but had a commanding lead on the field in the main only to have the e-clip come off the 2-speed shaft. Really disapointing for Eli as he definatly had the race won (like his engine going away at 301). Hopefully, this will be the end of the bad luck for him and the Nationals next month will go better. Mark Sweeney was also having a great drive in Masters battling for 3rd with Rick Davis when Eli dropped out moving Mark into second. In the close battle, Rick managed to get out of the last pit stop in front of Mark and Mark caught a curb trying to put the pass back on Rick. Overall a great race and a great 3rd place finish for Mark. Congrats to Skip Starkey on the win!!

In 1/8 Open, I was able to take the TQ but I was disapointed I lost 2nd gear in the last round of qualifying as I would have run a solid 18 lap run improving the TQ by about 3 seconds. In the final, both Ralph Burch and Paul C had bad starts which left me with a nice lead which I extended to over 2 laps in the rain shortened 30 minute final. It was a great weekend where I was the quickest in each of the 5 rounds of qualifying with only the 2nd gear in the last round and running out of fuel in the first (way too rich) costing me a clean sweep of the weekend.

I'd like to thank the Toledo club for another great event. Also congratulations to the winners of the two Shepherd Velox V8 kits that we donated to the raffle at the GLC. Last, to the Shepherd racers for another great weekend as we nearly had a sweep of the two 1/8 classes. I'm sure we can find a little more for the Nats to try and improve on this race!!

I'll be posting some pictures as well as my set-up sheet and news of some new items I made and used at the event!!

Last edited by Josh Cyrul; 08-03-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Some pictures from the event.
Attached Thumbnails Shepherd V8 '09-8th-starting-grid.jpg   Shepherd V8 '09-eli-ezrow.jpg   Shepherd V8 '09-greg-tong.jpg   Shepherd V8 '09-mark-sweeney.jpg   Shepherd V8 '09-new-banners.jpg  

Old 08-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

A few more...
Attached Thumbnails Shepherd V8 '09-shepherd-cefx-pit-area.jpg   Shepherd V8 '09-small-banners.jpg   Shepherd V8 '09-tc-racing.jpg  
Old 08-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

And now for some images of my car. There were a few rumors running around about what parts I ran - Yes, I did test some Mugen rear uprights (4X & 4R) and Grey Springs but I didn't end up using them. I used Shepherd rear uprights and our White rear springs. I'll work on a set-up sheet after I post the pics and get that up here asap.

I did run new CEFX parts for the V8:

New 3mm Front Shock Tower - Same angles but a slightly shorter position so you don't have to un-thread the shock ball cups to get 0mm droop.

New 3mm Rear Shock Tower - Same angles but much shorter positions so you use the front shock body and shaft in the rear. Also, inverted body centering pin. 4 positions on the shock tower for precise adjustability and a better working/feeling system on the track.

New 3mm Body Centering Plate - Used with the new rear tower.

New Radio Plate - Longer front upper-arms, steering servo moved forward, redesigned for more symetrical flex, lighter for lower CG - This was a test version. The final version I will cut tommorow, test fit and post more pictures.

New Throttle Servo Mount - Moved the reciever mounting position and brake wire mounting position off the radio plate and onto this mount so if you adjust the height of the servo all the linkage will stay in-line. Also makes for lower CG and overall reduced weight.

New Middle Belt Tensioner - New radial adjustment that is easier to adjust from below the pipe rather than hidden behind it.

New Rear Bulkhead Brace - Brace that mounts on top of the rear sway bar mounts. Just put the origional plastic hold downs over the graphite. Also, it will include two small pieces of plastic (antenna tube to be exact) that will go under the set-screws so there's plastic pushing on the roll bar rather than the set screw. This allows for less play/wear to the roll bar with better/more consisant handling.

I am finishing up the pricing and I will send out/post the info soon. We will be able to ship these items by the end of the week and we will have them available for the Shepherd drivers at the WC in Lostallo. If you are attending the WC and want these items please let me or Patrick know so I am sure to bring enough!!
Attached Thumbnails Shepherd V8 '09-car1.jpg   Shepherd V8 '09-car2.jpg   Shepherd V8 '09-car3.jpg   Shepherd V8 '09-car4.jpg   Shepherd V8 '09-car5.jpg  

Old 08-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Here's a few more of my car...
Attached Thumbnails Shepherd V8 '09-car7.jpg   Shepherd V8 '09-car8.jpg   Shepherd V8 '09-car9.jpg   Shepherd V8 '09-car10.jpg  
Old 08-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Here's the set-up sheet from my V8 at the GLC. More pics and news going up on the CEFX site as soon as I can go through the rest of these pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Shepherd V8 '09-glc-09.jpg  
Old 08-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Nice. You going to do a CEFX version of the car with all these goodies included?
Old 08-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

wingracer - I think we will only sell these as optional parts. Depending on how the parts work in Lostallo and on other European tracks then if Shepherd would like to use these parts in the kit then they can. We will sell the CEFX parts individually as well as in a "Conversion Kit" that will include all the graphite parts.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

That's cool, just curious.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

The CEFX site is updated with the GLC report and some additional pictures from the event. Also, I will be posting the info and pics for the new CEFX V8 parts this evening.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

CEFX V8 Optional Parts images and info up on the CEFX web site now. If anyone would like any of these parts please let me know so we can try to get it out to you before I leave for Lostallo. I have to machine a bunch of the graphite for the WC and orders so get your order in so I make sure to make enough tommorow and over the weekend!!
Old 08-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Josh,

Any idea when you will be stocking the Team C or Shepherd bags.

I was at the Heart of America(HOA) race in Minneapolis with John Peck and Mark Sweeney who were running 1 and 2 with the Shepherd's until Mark had an engine issue and John won the HOA race.

John was showing me the Team C bag and one needs to be obtained.

http://www.redrc.net/2009/05/shepherd-large-hauler-bag/

http://www.redrc.net/2009/02/team-c-...large-pit-bag/

For people that are not familiar with the Heart of America Race Series we ran at the Indy and NASCAR Truck race this spring at Kansas Raceway and got a nice write up in RCDriver regarding how to introduce RC to 30,000 people. The track called a few days later to see if the Kansas guys who host the HOA would come back next year and run during their Indy/NASCAR event next year.

Thanks

Tom
Old 08-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

O
Old 08-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR A SHEPHERD VELOX V8 2009 PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-1-8-road.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.