R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2010, 07:47 AM   #226
avs
Tech Master
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
Hey guys,
i just want to give some comments to some off the questions.

CEFX Parts: As Pieter said they are specified to use on high grip tracks like the US tracks. We tried it many times in europe and always need to go back to the shepherd ones.

Body height: There are some different rules all over the world. In efra i think you have to messure the highest point in the rear, so the sidewalls will be higher !!! So it depends on the rules.

Body rasing: I also want to raise the body without changing the geometrie.
Also we, Shepherd, do have some nice body post extensions. item is 905302.

And one more thing for you guys out there, if you are running the cars on high grip tracks and higher temperatures, i would recommend the harder plastic parts for the suspension. There are two different sets of, i gues the 900006 and the 900007. One is hard and the other one, the 07, is extra hard.

Thats it for the moment

Alex
thanks, i hadn't noticed the SMR extensions. i did get the 06' plastic and was planning to try it now the weather is warming up.
__________________
Tony Shimko
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #227
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSorber View Post
Here we go...
  • Front upper arms can be set on different way's, just set the frontside down and the rear side up. It will provide you with just that small bit more steering.
.
Would like clarification on how to set the front upper arms as above quote ?
Do you adjust via the upper pivot pin roll centre adjustments ? by slackening and tightening the hex screws ? or do you shim via washers under the upper arm alloy to radio plate mounts ?
eigthracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:42 AM   #228
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 39
Default Spring colours, rates

What's the colour code system for the Velox v8 shocker springs please ?
is it : Soft - White, Blue (med) through to Red -Hard or the other way around ?
eigthracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #229
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Heidelberg/Germany
Posts: 85
Default

hey 8racer,
fits like you mentioned it.

Alex
coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #230
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via MSN to PMSorber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eigthracer View Post
Would like clarification on how to set the front upper arms as above quote ?
by slackening and tightening the hex screws ?
Thats the way. Front turn in the upper hex screw, at the rear turn in the bottom hex screw.... and yes turn the opposite ones loose
__________________
@ConSult Trading
Team Shepherd, PiraniRC, Sonic and Awesomatix BENELUX
www.team-shepherd.nl
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:01 PM   #231
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 174
Default ROAR Nationals

Attached are the setups Josh and myself used at the ROAR Nationals.

I ran Masters class. The setup has very good, I was on TQ pace 4 of the 5 qualifiers. In 3 runs I was slowed by back markers and in 1 run I stripped second gear. Finally qualifiling third. In the Main I had a receiver pack failure at the 5 minute mark. When I returned to the race I passed all cars on the track. I can't wait until next year.

Watch the CEFX website for pictures and more information.

Mark Sweeney
Shepherd/CEFX USA
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Josh Cryul ROAR Nats.pdf (391.6 KB, 203 views)
File Type: pdf Mark Sweeney ROAR Nats.pdf (391.8 KB, 182 views)
MJSGas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:06 AM   #232
avs
Tech Master
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJSGas View Post
Attached are the setups Josh and myself used at the ROAR Nationals.

I ran Masters class. The setup has very good, I was on TQ pace 4 of the 5 qualifiers. In 3 runs I was slowed by back markers and in 1 run I stripped second gear. Finally qualifiling third. In the Main I had a receiver pack failure at the 5 minute mark. When I returned to the race I passed all cars on the track. I can't wait until next year.

Watch the CEFX website for pictures and more information.

Mark Sweeney
Shepherd/CEFX USA
thanks for the setups. i noticed that you used 'aluminum body mount' and josh used kyosho uprights.

do you mean the shepherd or team c post extensions or something else?

i tried mounting kyosho uprights and noticed i could shim the lower point, but needed to remove quite a bit of material to fit the upper point. did josh remove all the interference from the kyosho part?

thanks again, tony
__________________
Tony Shimko
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:16 AM   #233
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,861
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post
thanks for the setups. i noticed that you used 'aluminum body mount' and josh used kyosho uprights.

do you mean the shepherd or team c post extensions or something else?

i tried mounting kyosho uprights and noticed i could shim the lower point, but needed to remove quite a bit of material to fit the upper point. did josh remove all the interference from the kyosho part?

thanks again, tony
I ran the Shepherd ones and they worked great. Pooh used the modified Kyosho uprights but he did have a set of the team c ones so we did a comparison. The team c ones are a bit taller than the Shepherd ones so if you really want to jack it up, they are the ticket but the Shepherd ones are lighter and worked perfect for me.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:27 AM   #234
Tech Elite
 
Pooh2's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere here on Earth
Posts: 2,518
Send a message via MSN to Pooh2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
I ran the Shepherd ones and they worked great. Pooh used the modified Kyosho uprights but he did have a set of the team c ones so we did a comparison. The team c ones are a bit taller than the Shepherd ones so if you really want to jack it up, they are the ticket but the Shepherd ones are lighter and worked perfect for me.
Sean is right. I tried the different upright thing and it made the car turn in more
but killed my corner speed. I went back to the Shepherd ones and the car got much better. My lap times got about half a second faster per lap. To bad I waited until the main to change them.
__________________
MUGEN MRX5/CONTACT TIRES/DESOTO RACING/TEAM LOGIC


"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #235
avs
Tech Master
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh2 View Post
Sean is right. I tried the different upright thing and it made the car turn in more
but killed my corner speed. I went back to the Shepherd ones and the car got much better. My lap times got about half a second faster per lap. To bad I waited until the main to change them.
ah, so what height increae over stock did you settle on? (i don't have the extensions)

i have been using a 14mm extension which may be a little much, but it isn't adjustable. i was going to try something less.
__________________
Tony Shimko

Last edited by avs; 06-19-2010 at 02:15 PM.
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:53 AM   #236
Tech Elite
 
Pooh2's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Somewhere here on Earth
Posts: 2,518
Send a message via MSN to Pooh2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post
so kind of height increae over stock did you settle on? (i don't have the extensions)

i have been using a 14mm extension which may be a little much.
I used the kyosho rear extension the shortest one in the top hole. On my last post I thought you guys where talking about the front knuckles for some reason.
__________________
MUGEN MRX5/CONTACT TIRES/DESOTO RACING/TEAM LOGIC


"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #237
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post
thanks for the setups. i noticed that you used 'aluminum body mount' and josh used kyosho uprights.

do you mean the shepherd or team c post extensions or something else?

i tried mounting kyosho uprights and noticed i could shim the lower point, but needed to remove quite a bit of material to fit the upper point. did josh remove all the interference from the kyosho part?

thanks again, tony
Tony,
I used the Shepherd post extensions.
If you have anyother questions, please feel free to ask.
Mark Sweeney
Shepherd USA/CEFX
MJSGas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:43 PM   #238
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh2 View Post
I used the kyosho rear extension the shortest one in the top hole. On my last post I thought you guys where talking about the front knuckles for some reason.
Hey Poptart reply to the pm
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:29 PM   #239
Tech Regular
 
BigBellyCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I'm finally done testing the different setups for my Velox in preparation for my country's first 1/8 onroad race in a looong time. I cant compare laptimes to other drivers since i'm alone but its consistently hitting the corners EVERY time. Very smooth and fast. How will it stack up against the Evolva, The mugens and the Serpents?

Wish me luck

As I was looking over the car today, I noticed the rear body posts that were attached to the rear uprights had a lot of 'play'. I know i can take out this play by using thin shims either teflon or steel. I'm wondering what effect does this have on the body and the car's performance?

I read somewhere that if the 1/8 body is too tight fitting around all 4 body posts, any crash or bump will tweak the chassis. Is this true? Does the rear body post have to be 'sloppy' or can I reinforce the front and rear body posts with graphite braces?

By the way, i'm using two types of bodies the Protoform 909 and the LOLA. I'm sticking to the LOLA as its more predictable on the straights. The 909 seems a bit 'wandering'...or maybe its just me?
BigBellyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:31 AM   #240
avs
Tech Master
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

hey all, i guess i wasn't paying close enough attention, when i went to install the '09 pulley set, i found the new parts use a square section adapter. so to install the new pulley set i need to:
replace the 3 603501 with 603511 adapters.
but i don't see a '09 version for the rear adapter 603504.

is the single '09 part now used in all 4 places?
__________________
Tony Shimko
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1/8th scale Motonica smac Nitro On-Road 1830 01-16-2012 10:34 PM
R/C Stuff Selling Kenneth Tan Singapore R/C Racers 45728 09-09-2009 08:19 AM
TWC 1/10 & 1/8 ON ROAD OPEN FUN RACE IN MIRI Steven @ Yap Malaysian R/C Racers 73 07-03-2009 04:28 AM


Tags
shepher max 21


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:53 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net