R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-14-2004, 08:18 PM   #151
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

when i said mike swauger was dominating the main it did not mean he
had the fastest engine but the fastest car over all.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:54 PM   #152
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It was realy nice to meet a lot of guys from RCTECH in Fort Myers.
We spent a lot of time together with Stefan, Cors-R and other. Hope we will have more events where we can meet each other in person and have fun.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 09:37 PM   #153
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

fmolzer says: I would maintain my position that Swauger had the most hp of anyone out there. The only one that came close was Fukada. When you watched Swauger and Burch come down the backstretch together it was pretty obvious who had the power. The Serpent team said all week that Swauger had motor on them. The only reason he did not TQ was that he had to pit in his qualifiers.

MMR Direct Minneapolis World Class Indoor Race Facility.
On Road and Off Road racing year round.

www.molzermoweryracing.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MMR/160679913944205?__req=9

Check out You Tube mmrswracing. Every qualifier and every main uploaded at the end of every race day.
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 10:08 PM   #154
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by ammdrew
fmolzer says: I would maintain my position that Swauger had the most hp of anyone out there. The only one that came close was Fukada. When you watched Swauger and Burch come down the backstretch together it was pretty obvious who had the power. The Serpent team said all week that Swauger had motor on them. The only reason he did not TQ was that he had to pit in his qualifiers.
I think it was realy interesting competitions out there and everybdy got what they deserve.
M.S. got TQ because his engine was very powerfull and very economic, Mike Swager won the final trophy, so we can say Mike can be TQ, but he is not. Whatever reason was, Michael Salven is TQ, the rest just our emotions. I can say MS can win, if he will not broke down, but it is happened and he didn't win.
I saw realy nice thing and I am positively sure every body will agree with me, when Josh Cyril broke his car before the main and he got 5 minuts to repair his car-was realy fair and nice. Not very often thing like this happen on big events.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 12:03 AM   #155
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Congrats Swauger. Talk to you when you get back.
Old 02-15-2004, 07:04 AM   #156
Tech Adept

Rick

How was Rick driving? Seems he got a bit of luck on his side to get second. Saw him drive last year when he became dutchchampion. He sure knows how to drive. Nice aggressive style very nice to watch.
Herbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 07:55 AM   #157
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

9;55 hours driving and a couple of hours sleep later, I have to say that was the toughest event I've ever been to and I'll be back next year

Edward, Michael salven TQ'ed because he made the 5 minutes and had power with you beryllium sleeve set, no question.

And altough he will never admit that he used it, we all know he did

Great stuff!
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 08:59 AM   #158
Tech Elite

IMO, Swauger won not because of horsepower. He surely had a strong engine, but overall his car was hooked like no other out there.

Also, Fukuda and most others were dragging their rear ends of the cassis for the last 10 minutes, while Swauger had plenty of tire left.

he was also in a class of his own on the brakes. I went to see if he was running a diff, so hard was that car braking.
..and last but not least he drove the living crap out of it
Old 02-15-2004, 10:39 AM   #159
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

fmolzer: stefan, you home already? You pratically live at the track then. We just entered Illinois, 9-10 hours left to go....

MMR Direct Minneapolis World Class Indoor Race Facility.
On Road and Off Road racing year round.

www.molzermoweryracing.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MMR/160679913944205?__req=9

Check out You Tube mmrswracing. Every qualifier and every main uploaded at the end of every race day.
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 10:51 AM   #160
Tech Prophet

Quote:
fmolzer: stefan, you home already? You pratically live at the track then. We just entered Illinois, 9-10 hours left to go....
Safe journey back home guys.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 11:09 AM   #161
Tech Fanatic

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Nats

Stefan what happened in the main,assuming you broke?
RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 11:23 AM   #162
Tech Elite

Whew!

Winternats are done. 2 Hours to drive up to Miami airport and 17 hours after I'm at home. Took a very looooong bath to remove the 'Nitro scent' I've carried from Ft. Myers.

Ft. Myers track is a very tough track to deal with (their boards are tough as hell, but didn't broke any arm). Got some very bad crashes (one of those bent one rear diff outdrive and needed to change the whole diff). Finals were a bitter and sweet combo of sensations....

Track was very abrassive and very tricky to do, specially when you were going to the backstraight, the surface wasn't as even you will desire when you nail the throttle (did a very niiiiice backflip due to a small hole that was on the inner side and one tyre got caught) and finished on the outer grass. That was one of the collection I got in all the week.

Has been a quite long week, but for sure on the next year will repeat the experience.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 11:35 AM   #163
Tech Elite

Default Re: Nats

Quote:
Originally posted by RKeasler
Stefan what happened in the main,assuming you broke?
Rod,

I rebuilt my car on Friday evening and put 3 new belts on it, also a new MRX3 front belt (the old one lastet all season) and that belt broke 5 minutes into the main.

It broke completely straight, looked like it was cut with a knife.

I bet if I left the old one in there it would have gone another season
Old 02-15-2004, 11:39 AM   #164
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Whew!

Winternats are done. 2 Hours to drive up to Miami airport and 17 hours after I'm at home. Took a very looooong bath to remove the 'Nitro scent' I've carried from Ft. Myers.

Ft. Myers track is a very tough track to deal with (their boards are tough as hell, but didn't broke any arm). Got some very bad crashes (one of those bent one rear diff outdrive and needed to change the whole diff). Finals were a bitter and sweet combo of sensations....

Track was very abrassive and very tricky to do, specially when you were going to the backstraight, the surface wasn't as even you will desire when you nail the throttle (did a very niiiiice backflip due to a small hole that was on the inner side and one tyre got caught) and finished on the outer grass. That was one of the collection I got in all the week.

Has been a quite long week, but for sure on the next year will repeat the experience.

Hi Engyne,

good to see that you got home safely.

Was good meeting you.

I guess you also learned not to underestimate the Florida sun.

The way your neck and your nose looked, you should switch to the snake camp

BTW, did you have time to talk on the plane?
Old 02-15-2004, 11:41 AM   #165
Tech Elite

Quote:
Far enough for me, especially since I drove by myself. Boooooring!

I made a 76 mile average and kept awake with red bull, lots of it